Page 60 of 750 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160560 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    No, I"m saying if a coup is occuring in a place, it's probably not as utopian as advertised.
    That doesn't ring true. If you have a high end auto and pour water in the gas tank, was the car the problem or the fact that you put water in the gas tank and frakked it up?

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    THANKS!

The inspiration I took was from LEE/KIRBY primarily, THEN Priest for some things and Hudlin for others. I've loved Shuri since she showed up so she was going in even if Marvel hadn't wanted her. They hired me to give them MY take, not to borrow from other people. That's why we got Yemandi, Bask, Zanda, T'Chanda, the Atlantean conflict, etc.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the habit being a sleek version of Iron Man armor. I like the power to be in T'Challa, his brain and his training. Still, in the BP vs the Avengers eps, we definitely played around with our version of the "push."

No idea.

Nope. The movie didn't need our help. If anything I think they wanted some of the movie's shine to come our way.

I always tell the truth. Always. If I'm not allowed to say something because of legal stuff I say that.
    I am not a fan of the Panther habit of being a sleeker version of the iron man armor either ( this is one of the issues I had initially with Jason Aaron's Avengers run). What would you have as T'Challa's standard gear?

No, I"m saying if a coup is occuring in a place, it's probably not as utopian as advertised.
    Or there's an ******* who wants to screw it up for everybody, because HE isn't happy.

Not every coup had noble motives.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That doesn't ring true. If you have a high end auto and pour water in the gas tank, was the car the problem or the fact that you put water in the gas tank and frakked it up?
    The people define the society, not the other way around. People are the engine, not the water in the tank. As long as you have flawed people (and you pretty much always will), you will have a flawed society. That's just how it is unfortunately.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    BP- Black Panther stuff, focusing on the dichotomy T'CHalla faces between his duties as king and global super-hero.

Agents of Wakanda- a team of human and empowered WAKANDANS, led by Okoye, handle the international spy game for Wakanda.

some version of that would be my vision.
    That's why most of the actual BP enthusiasts posting in this thread, want you writing the Black Panther solo book.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 02-02-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Or there's an ******* who wants to screw it up for everybody, because HE isn't happy.

Not every coup had noble motives.
    I told him to read Paradise Lost.

Or at least a decent King Arthur book.

I did read it. That's why I know it wasn't a coup consisting of just one unhappy guy.

The people define the society, not the other way around. People are the engine, not the water in the tank. As long as you have flawed people (and you pretty much always will), you will have a flawed society. That's just how it is unfortunately.
    That still doesn't ring true. If there are 100 people who live in a village and 99 who live peacefully with each other and one who hates it, the village doesn't have the flaw.

That one individual does. That's how it is.

I did read it. That's why I know it wasn't a coup consisting of just one unhappy guy.
    Again, the problem wasn't that Heaven was a utopia, the problem is that one guy wanted to be the one in charge.

That still doesn't ring true. If there are 100 people who live in a village and 99 who live peacefully with each other and one who hates it, the village doesn't have the flaw.

That one individual does. That's how it is.
    Find a place where there's literally only 1 unhappy person and I'm inclined to agree. But that wasn't heaven and it wasn't Wakanda.

I don't think it even counts as a coup if it's just one guy.

I saw a movie a couple of years back. Hidden kingdom, pretty stable & prosperous. A descendant of an emigre who broke their laws & was executed for it returns and overthrows the rightful government to use the country as a springboard for global revolution.

Anyone remember that one?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I saw a movie a couple of years back. Hidden kingdom, pretty stable & prosperous. A descendant of an emigre who broke their laws & was executed for it returns and overthrows the rightful government to use the country as a springboard for global revolution.

Anyone remember that one?
    Yep.

I remember that movie well.

Find a place where there's literally only 1 unhappy person and I'm inclined to agree. But that wasn't heaven and it wasn't Wakanda.

I don't think it even counts as a coup if it's just one guy.
    Multiply the numbers by a billion and it still applies.

If someone or a million someones are unhappy in a utopia, you're blaming the utopia for their unhappiness. That sounds like a lack of personal accountability.

Multiply the numbers by a billion and it still applies.

If someone or a million someones are unhappy in a utopia, you're blaming the utopia for their unhappiness. That sounds like a lack of personal accountability.
    I'm not blaming Utopia for their unhappiness. The inherent problem is the people, not the place because the place is defined by the people. But because people are inherently flawed, the place inevitably will be too.