Page 602 of 750 FirstFirst ... 102502552592598599600601602603604605606612652702 ... LastLast
Results 9,016 to 9,030 of 11243
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If I tried to think of the worst black panther suit ever, I don't think I could have imagined something this dumb looking. wtf is going on with the collar? What are those shoulder things? Does the chest plate buckle on after the weave for extra armor? Like, wth is this lol

I thought this was MCU crossbones at first

This game actively does NOT want my money lol
    The collar is fine....

...it's a tribute to his original design

...the collar is the tip of this BPs cloak which is clearly evident in the image

... BP has NEVER looked more regal than when he is with that royal cloak n collar. That's just facts!!!.... The added goold is a sweet touch which matches well with the cloak to brings out the BP regalness.

...I frankly have missed the cloak quite a look.....and it would be nice to see it return in the comics in some fashion alongs with some hidden tech functions. Certainly BP should NOT wear it all the time but it should show up more often.

Not feeling the chest vest thing and belt..that's are little too militaristic looking and more fitting for Winter soldier and Punisher but I get it that it's a tribute to Lisa's era of BP.

So it's basically a hogwash Mishmash of different BP eras.....i dunno.....I am ok with it, at least BP is in the game and I am more invested in finding out what he can do in the game and his part in the game's story.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyro View Post
    I like it and besides there will be multiple suits to change into if anyone doesnt like this one.
    Massive hi 5 buddy!!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Or, we can stop thinking about superpowers and start thinking about political power. T'Challa doesn't need a love interest with superpowers in my opinion. I don't think he even needs one that can be a warrior or fighter. I understand the appeal (and with all things remaining the same, Nakia works fine in the MCU). But T'Challa needs a queen. A real queen. Think Daenerys Targaryen before she was ruined by the last season of Game of Thrones. Think about how badass she was without ever having to lift a finger. Look at the political power she possessed.

That's what T'Challa needs.
    BP *IS* the political superpower being a KING of the the leading technological country/kingdom on the planet

PLUS

All his connections across the MU.

2ndly, Wakanda is overflowing in over-abundance of warrior women out and up the wazoo.... introducing yet a gat damn 100th warrior woman character makes no difference from Tchalla dating anybody the random DMs.

So what would make a BP LI really stick out and also by default not make her a copy of other LIs like Mary Jane or Louis Lane.......that's right....give her super powers.

And I am not against a LI bringing a political power but the lady has to be more than just a political power version of a DM.,..if it were up to me,the LI would be an Queen of a new alien civilization.

Just to spice things up....I would make Monica or Malaika this Queen explaining that she is the last but lost heir of an alien dynasty after all the first heirs are killed. So assasins as coming for Malaika/Monica....she goes to BP for help.

Her powers are activated by the Royal alien messenger who tell her almost everything and gives her a device for dieing. She goes through some midlife type self identity crisis..bonding stronger with BP as he helps her through it and in the process learns to use her new powers. Together BP and Monica/Malaika swart incoming assassins but they keep coming more powerful and life's get lost......finally they decided to the the fight to them with BP and Wakandan help her win the throne from the ursurpers/dictators to the applause/support of the alien populace and a somewhat union/collaborative treaty in established between Wakanda and this Alien civilisation.

And this becomes the early beginnings for the intergalactic Empire of wakanda as BP and Malaika/Monica slowly rescue more and more alien species, solar systems and planets into the protectoratw of Wakandan then volunteer to be a planetary or solar system 'district' or 'state' within the Wakandan/Alien society alliance which then becomes the Inter-galactic empire of Wakanda when BP and Queen Malaika/Monica marry.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    Bishop was with Jean Grey in the Age of X Man event last year.
    Pliz remind me.....when and how did it start and how did it end?

I think I solved the "Love Interest" problem...

The Black Panther Bachelor Show

Announcer: "Okay, king T'challa you had your chance to interview all these lovely bachelorettes and now comes the time to pick one. So who is going to be your bride to be and queen of Wakanda."

King T'challa: "Wow, I'm so nervous right now... I mean, there's such great options presented here."

The options...

Storm: "Come back to me beloved."

Nakia: "It should be obvious who you should pick... Saved your family and the heart shaped herb memba' that."

Princess Zanda: "I was born to be queen get these other ratchet skanks out of here."

Monica Lynn: "I siiiing the body electriiiiic... I celebrate the me yet to come."

Black Widow: "I don't think I even belong here so I'm going to jump off a cliff as a sacrificial offering... DEUCES!"

Catwoman: "I'm into cats and all but I feel like I'm in the wrong place somehow mysteriously."

Beyonce: "I woke up like this!"

Betty White: "Nothing quite like a seasoned veteran to get it in with hey T'challa."

Princess Azula: "We will be the perfect couple as we dominate and rule the entire Marvel universe and anyone who doesn't bow down will be BANISHED!"

Betty Boop: "Boop-Oop-a-Doop!"

Jessica Rabbit: "I'm not bad I'm just drawn that way."

Sailor Moon: ""

Note: Sailor Moon can't speak right now because she is in the middle of a long drawn out forever taking plasma based over the top transformation sequence... So there's that!

Announcer: "King T'challa have you made your choice?"

King T'challa: "Yes, as the sovereign king of Wakanda I'm going to pick someone not featured here."

(insert dramatic drumroll here)

King T'challa: "I choose... Cardi B!"

Poof from out of no where because this is comics where random A$$ pulls happen as an afterthought...

Cardi B: "O'kurrrrrrrr... That's some Wet A$$ Panther!!!"

https://www.cbr.com/cardi-b-as-scarl...ume-halloween/

(insert Hip Hop beat right here)

There's some S'mores in this house... There's some S'mores in this house... There's some S'mores in this house...

Later, the following morning King T'challa awakens from the drug induced slumber...

King T'challa: "Where's my vibranium necklace... Where's my Wakandan Bank Black Card... The keys to my skybike... DAYUM IT!!!"

Princess Shuri: "Brother... Cardi B stole all the vibranium from the vibranium mound!"

Cardi B: "I lived my entire life waiting for this moment... I stripped, I danced, just to get here... I stripped in America... Players Club, Chocolate City, Comic-con... I even stripped for my own brothers and sisters right here on this continent... And all this stripping just so I can strip you!"

This will be probably be a 6 issue story arc and the pyrrhic victory Doomwar speech probably will have a much happier ending though... See what I did there!
    Get Hectic!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    I think I solved the "Love Interest" problem...

The Black Panther Bachelor Show

Announcer: "Okay, king T'challa you had your chance to interview all these lovely bachelorettes and now comes the time to pick one. So who is going to be your bride to be and queen of Wakanda."

King T'challa: "Wow, I'm so nervous right now... I mean, there's such great options presented here."

The options...

Storm: "Come back to me beloved."

Nakia: "It should be obvious who you should pick... Saved your family and the heart shaped herb memba' that."

Princess Zanda: "I was born to be queen get these other ratchet skanks out of here."

Monica Lynn: "I siiiing the body electriiiiic... I celebrate the me yet to come."

Black Widow: "I don't think I even belong here so I'm going to jump off a cliff as a sacrificial offering... DEUCES!"

Catwoman: "I'm into cats and all but I feel like I'm in the wrong place somehow mysteriously."

Beyonce: "I woke up like this!"

Betty White: "Nothing quite like a seasoned veteran to get it in with hey T'challa."

Princess Azula: "We will be the perfect couple as we dominate and rule the entire Marvel universe and anyone who doesn't bow down will be BANISHED!"

Betty Boop: "Boop-Oop-a-Doop!"

Jessica Rabbit: "I'm not bad I'm just drawn that way."

Sailor Moon: ""

Note: Sailor Moon can't speak right now because she is in the middle of a long drawn out forever taking plasma based over the top transformation sequence... So there's that!

Announcer: "King T'challa have you made your choice?"

King T'challa: "Yes, as the sovereign king of Wakanda I'm going to pick someone not featured here."

(insert dramatic drumroll here)

King T'challa: "I choose... Cardi B!"

Poof from out of no where because this is comics where random A$$ pulls happen as an afterthought...

Cardi B: "O'kurrrrrrrr... That's some Wet A$$ Panther!!!"

https://www.cbr.com/cardi-b-as-scarl...ume-halloween/

(insert Hip Hop beat right here)

There's some S'mores in this house... There's some S'mores in this house... There's some S'mores in this house...

Later, the following morning King T'challa awakens from the drug induced slumber...

King T'challa: "Where's my vibranium necklace... Where's my Wakandan Bank Black Card... The keys to my skybike... DAYUM IT!!!"

Princess Shuri: "Brother... Cardi B stole all the vibranium from the vibranium mound!"

Cardi B: "I lived my entire life waiting for this moment... I stripped, I danced, just to get here... I stripped in America... Players Club, Chocolate City, Comic-con... I even stripped for my own brothers and sisters right here on this continent... And all this stripping just so I can strip you!"

This will be probably be a 6 issue story arc and the pyrrhic victory Doomwar speech probably will have a much happier ending though... See what I did there!
    Im glad I caught that six issue part. No way they would all get covered in one. Scorched earth
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Speaking of designs, I think this design was done by Rockafort from the Ultimates series. But this is one of the top two or three depictions of TChalla. My only gripe is the suit looks blue instead of black.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Speaking of designs, I think this design was done by Rockafort from the Ultimates series. But this is one of the top two or three depictions of TChalla. My only gripe is the suit looks blue instead of black.

This design type (more panther like in appearance) has always been my favorite, it's why I also prefer the BP Solo mask over the cw mask because it looks more panther like while the cw looks more Ninja like (I love both but prefer the solo)

As for Rocaforts design, yeah at times it looks blue, but there are other times it looks Black as well

Here for instance, looks Black

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    [B]This design type (more panther like in appearance) has always been my favorite, it's why I also prefer the BP Solo mask over the cw mask because it looks more panther like while the cw looks more Ninja like (I love both but prefer the solo)

As for Rocaforts design, yeah at times it looks blue, but there are other times it looks Black as well

]
    I think he does a good job with the Panther emblem below the neck too, too many people don’t care to put detail on it.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    BP *IS* the political superpower being a KING of the the leading technological country/kingdom on the planet

PLUS

All his connections across the MU.

2ndly, Wakanda is overflowing in over-abundance of warrior women out and up the wazoo.... introducing yet a gat damn 100th warrior woman character makes no difference from Tchalla dating anybody the random DMs.

So what would make a BP LI really stick out and also by default not make her a copy of other LIs like Mary Jane or Louis Lane.......that's right....give her super powers.

And I am not against a LI bringing a political power but the lady has to be more than just a political power version of a DM.,..if it were up to me,the LI would be an Queen of a new alien civilization.

Just to spice things up....I would make Monica or Malaika this Queen explaining that she is the last but lost heir of an alien dynasty after all the first heirs are killed. So assasins as coming for Malaika/Monica....she goes to BP for help.

Her powers are activated by the Royal alien messenger who tell her almost everything and gives her a device for dieing. She goes through some midlife type self identity crisis..bonding stronger with BP as he helps her through it and in the process learns to use her new powers. Together BP and Monica/Malaika swart incoming assassins but they keep coming more powerful and life's get lost......finally they decided to the the fight to them with BP and Wakandan help her win the throne from the ursurpers/dictators to the applause/support of the alien populace and a somewhat union/collaborative treaty in established between Wakanda and this Alien civilisation.

And this becomes the early beginnings for the intergalactic Empire of wakanda as BP and Malaika/Monica slowly rescue more and more alien species, solar systems and planets into the protectoratw of Wakandan then volunteer to be a planetary or solar system 'district' or 'state' within the Wakandan/Alien society alliance which then becomes the Inter-galactic empire of Wakanda when BP and Queen Malaika/Monica marry.
    First of all, Lois Lane and Mary Jane Watson are the most iconic love interests in comic books. Lois Lane is one of DC's most iconic and best characters. Any franchise would be lucky to have a love interest as good as those two.

The basic thing that makes these two great love interests is that they can't overstep what their partners do best, which is beat up the bad guy when it comes down to it. Even if you choose to write Lois or Mary Jane as progressive as possible, it's done by giving them real agency and stuff to do within what they can actually do. If there's been any attempt at giving them powers, it hasn't stuck because that's not what people want. Notice that pairing Superman and Spider-Man with superpowered women (Wonder Woman and Silk) hasn't really stuck either. Lois Lane and Mary Jane Watson work because they provide contrast to who Superman and Spider-Man are.

Giving T'Challa another superpowered girlfriend or someone who's a great warrior the way he is, is how you end up with another Storm. Yes, the biggest problem with Storm was how the X-Office treated their relationship. But there would always be that temptation to give one of the two characters the better feats and more action, and there will always be someone upset about it. With Hudlin's run, it was Storm fans and with Coates it was us.

You avoid all of this, by giving T'Challa someone who is the opposite of who he is. Yes, T'Challa is a world political figure. Yes, he's a king. Those are the things that make him a little less like a traditional vigilante like Batman, a soldier like Cap or an explorer like Reed Richards. At the end of the day, T'Challa's still gonna superhero and we're still gonna want to see him superhero. Hell, one of his defining traits as a character is trying to balance being the king of Wakanda and an Avenger for the world.

Why not give T'Challa a queen who can handle the political stuff? I don't see how that's a boring concept at all. To emphasize why Lois Lane is a great concept, consider how she helps Superman be a better hero through her investigative journalism. It's the exact same thing the Spider-Man game did with Mary Jane. Only in this case, you're giving T'Challa a queen who makes him a better political hero by making her his best political advisor and giving her a role as Wakanda's active political face when T'Challa cannot.

I can't think of any love interest or many female characters that actually fill this niche. Most love interests are either ordinary humans, superpowered individuals, thieves, assassins or spies. I'm talking about giving T'Challa an actual queen. Most superheroes that are royalty don't even have that. Only Aquaman does and half of the time Aquaman isn't king, refusing to be king, or isn't liked by his own people. And Mera works because like Arthur they belong to a race of people that all have powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This design type (more panther like in appearance) has always been my favorite, it's why I also prefer the BP Solo mask over the cw mask because it looks more panther like while the cw looks more Ninja like (I love both but prefer the solo)

Here for instance, looks Black

Roc does excellent work.

It's Challenge Day...

OOPS I mean elction day...

In the new Democratic Republic of Wakanda!

Let's pick it up on the campaign trail with our would be King candidates...

Killmonger: "I was in Oakland playing ball outside with my boys when I saw what I thought was a UFO... So I ran upstairs and found my daddy with PANTHER claws in his chest. Then like the corrupt leaders that they were they left me behind. Can we trust the royal family now in office not to leave Wakanda behind. The Black Panther is supposed to protect us... Lead us into the future. Is this your king... Is this your king... Naw, vote Killmonger!"

T'challa: "All lies from an outsider... I have documents confirming that N'jadaka is a black operative from the U.S. who overthrows governments. Who according to reports worked for Klaw just like his daddy N'jobobobobo causing death and hundreds of millions of tax paying Wakandan dollars. People, can we trust an outsider with our most precious resource vibranium."

M'baku: "Are you done... I mean are you done? I know you want to turn this country over to a man who couldn't even keep his father safe. His sister heads up the Wakanda Design Group and scoffs at tradition. The voters will not have it... We will not have it. Vote M'baku!"

Killmonger: "Speaking of keeping his murdering father safe this dude turned the criminal responsible for his own father's death over to the C... I... A... Wakanda, can we trust our leader who keeps aligning himself with the Avengers and other star spangled super heroes... Is T'challa loyal to us or is he bought and paid for by western influences."

T'challa: "At least I never pledged allegiance to another nation. U.S. military personnel must salute their sovereign flag. But... Can we also trust a man in gorilla feet pajamas that secretly calls himself Man-ape! The children of Wakanda need good role models not racial parodies that could induce mockery from rival nations."

Killmonger: "On your watch Wakanda has had an outbreak of rape camps and Thanos trampled all over the garden and snapped tax paying Wakandan citizens into dusty oblivion."

M'baku: "What about Bucky Barnes... I saw him strolling through downtown merchant tribe city. Is Wakanda being invaded by western soldiers or what?"

T'challa: "Look, Wakanda needs a leader that can adapt to changing times not carry grudges from the past not hiding up in the mountains afraid to mingle with tax paying Wakandans. Under my new economic plan I promise to lower taxes on Merchant Tribe trade, raise funding for Border Tribe service to our country and reduce earmarked Water Tribe spending."

Killmonger: "Let's talk about the Storm Goddess scandal. Clearly T'challa is in bed with a lot of special interests and if he can't be loyal to the tax paying women of Wakanda who can he be loyal too... Mutants!"

M'baku: "What about that American singer Monica Lynn... Will T'challa trade love for under the table dealings and song and dance?"

T'challa: "My love life is not the issue here... We need strong, decisive and experienced leadership in these troubling times."

Killmonger: "And how exactly was he authorized to be the Black Panther under his father's watch with no challenge. See, the corrupt Wakandan royals are all about themselves as they enrich their coffers leaving tax paying Wakandans with the bills."

M'baku: "The royal family and their spending habits also includes an all expenses paid trip to South Korea with his girlfriend..."

T'challa: "That was a Wardog mission approved by the elders... Speaking of Wardogs, Killmonger's daddy was sent on behalf of Wakanda and all he did was run up expensive bills with lavish items for his baby's momma who btw is not Wakandan not to mention working with a mercenary who caused the death of W'kabi's parents and millions in tax paying property damage. We have 1001 receipts direct from Oakland."

Killmonger: "I went to MIT, I know how oppressors think so who can be tougher on foreign powers seeking to bully Wakanda. The gorilla to my right spent years in isolation already in an isolated country making him not qualified to handle trade disputes on the open market. Under my plan vibranium tech will be sent out to all are Wardogs to help police our agendas..."

T'challa: "Killmonger is way too radical for Wakanda. My Outreach Program will help fund poor and impoverished peoples who need medical and educational tools to seek a better way of life. With Wakanda's tech we can forge a new path for the future with Wakanda leading the way... Vote T'challa!"

Aw FRAK this political B.S. turn the Waterfall back on and do things the traditional way!

Get Hectic!

Ultimate Member

First of all, Lois Lane and Mary Jane Watson are the most iconic love interests in comic books. Lois Lane is one of DC's most iconic and best characters. Any franchise would be lucky to have a love interest as good as those two.
    Lets not forget Lois Lane has held a solo before and it was one of DC's top selling books back in the day.

Mary Jane has held books and even had a series to herself outside of comics.

Don't forget Gwen Stacey. SHe is dead and they are still trying stuff with her.

Lois Lane has no powers. What she has had was over time development. At times didn't need Superman to save her.

Books had no trouble showing Lois or Mary Jane as competent women. SOmething the X-Office has NOT done.

The basic thing that makes these two great love interests is that they can't overstep what their partners do best, which is beat up the bad guy when it comes down to it. Even if you choose to write Lois or Mary Jane as progressive as possible, it's done by giving them real agency and stuff to do within what they can actually do. If there's been any attempt at giving them powers, it hasn't stuck because that's not what people want. Notice that pairing Superman and Spider-Man with superpowered women (Wonder Woman and Silk) hasn't really stuck either. Lois Lane and Mary Jane Watson work because they provide contrast to who Superman and Spider-Man are.

Giving T'Challa another superpowered girlfriend or someone who's a great warrior the way he is, is how you end up with another Storm. Yes, the biggest problem with Storm was how the X-Office treated their relationship. But there would always be that temptation to give one of the two characters the better feats and more action, and there will always be someone upset about it. With Hudlin's run, it was Storm fans and with Coates it was us.

You avoid all of this, by giving T'Challa someone who is the opposite of who he is. Yes, T'Challa is a world political figure. Yes, he's a king. Those are the things that make him a little less like a traditional vigilante like Batman, a soldier like Cap or an explorer like Reed Richards. At the end of the day, T'Challa's still gonna superhero and we're still gonna want to see him superhero. Hell, one of his defining traits as a character is trying to balance being the king of Wakanda and an Avenger for the world.

Why not give T'Challa a queen who can handle the political stuff? I don't see how that's a boring concept at all. To emphasize why Lois Lane is a great concept, consider how she helps Superman be a better hero through her investigative journalism. It's the exact same thing the Spider-Man game did with Mary Jane. Only in this case, you're giving T'Challa a queen who makes him a better political hero by making her his best political advisor and giving her a role as Wakanda's active political face when T'Challa cannot.

I can't think of any love interest or many female characters that actually fill this niche. Most love interests are either ordinary humans, superpowered individuals, thieves, assassins or spies. I'm talking about giving T'Challa an actual queen. Most superheroes that are royalty don't even have that. Only Aquaman does and half of the time Aquaman isn't king, refusing to be king, or isn't liked by his own people. And Mera works because like Arthur they belong to a race of people that all have powers.
    It also helps that those characters are controlled by the franchise of the title hero. With Storm, or any other female hero, there will never be full control unless they are an obscure character and pairing up with T'Challa, actually gives them more popularity which then could lead to that franchise pulling an x office.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Roc does excellent work.
    Speaking of which, I erased and restarted my drawing, it's looking really cool, I can't post it right now for some reason but it's looking cool. Hopefully will have it done by next week