Page 607 of 750 FirstFirst ... 107507557597603604605606607608609610611617657707 ... LastLast
Results 9,091 to 9,105 of 11243
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I don't believe that any option is off the table so this is obviously a possibility. Grace may be right that atm they're thinking about killing off T'Challa though I doubt there aren't other plans being floated where he continues on. I've seen commentators confirm the latter and I don't believe them either. It's only been about 2 months since Boseman's passing, Disney hasn't figured out what they want to do yet. And as public opinion (as seen in that link) continues to shift towards keeping the character alive then who knows what the executives will be thinking 5 months from now?
    Last edited by chief12d; 11-05-2020 at 03:06 PM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I know right.

Funny enough, I got blocked on Twitter for saying I didn't like this idea.
    Grace Randolph is notorious for blocking people simply for disagreeing with her.

She may knows things, but she's also full of ****.

King in Black is looking legit

EmFdgOtWoAAah4E.jpg
    The J-man

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

EmFdgOtWoAAah4E.jpg
    Oh, definitely. Definitely.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

EmFdgOtWoAAah4E.jpg
    That looks sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Mountain Dew Baja Blast. He's a fan.
    No bro, T'Challa only drinks HSH purple drank. Sippin' on that syrup.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean.. did she not see the interview with Letitia about how they aren't even thinking about the movie right now? She has been off on so much stuff it's bot even funny, plus, Disney ain't that stupid that they would kill T'Challa again, especially not showing a digital Chadwick dying.. do you know how bad that would look and how disrespectful?
    Although I agree, one should never underestimate the capacity for people to make foolish choices.

Looks good man.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean.. did she not see the interview with Letitia about how they aren't even thinking about the movie right now? She has been off on so much stuff it's bot even funny, plus, Disney ain't that stupid that they would kill T'Challa again, especially not showing a digital Chadwick dying.. do you know how bad that would look and how disrespectful?
    Let's not be disingenuous here lol. There's a good chance Disney does kill off T'Challa and I think it's important we accept that possibility so if it does happen we're not shocked or too frustrated. But there's also a good chance it doesn't happen, partly because of the ickiness of killing off their premier black character 3 times.

That and a bunch of other variables like merch sales, the fan response, etc. Anything could happen but I 100% agree that Grace Randolph is probably talking out her ass here. She's not much better than WGTC or Mikey Sutton when it comes to scoops, especially with Marvel. She does get props for some of her reporting for the DCEU but even that is spotty. Is there discussion that T'Challa be killed off in the MCU? Most likely. But does that mean there isn't also talk about recasting? Absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Let's not be disingenuous here lol. There's a good chance Disney does kill off T'Challa and I think it's important we accept that possibility so if it does happen we're not shocked or too frustrated. But there's also a good chance it doesn't happen, partly because of the ickiness of killing off their premier black character 3 times.

That and a bunch of other variables like merch sales, the fan response, etc. Anything could happen but I 100% agree that Grace Randolph is probably talking out her ass here. She's not much better than WGTC or Mikey Sutton when it comes to scoops, especially with Marvel. She does get props for some of her reporting for the DCEU but even that is spotty. Is there discussion that T'Challa be killed off in the MCU? Most likely. But does that mean there isn't also talk about recasting? Absolutely not.
    i'd be extremely surprised if any of that is true. Marvel is ridiculously tight about letting out info about the movies and the idea something that big would be leaked to her is pretty much nonsense.

the politics of murdering "Chadwick Boseman" on screen basically prevent Marvel making a decision that stupid.

i don't have any inside info on this, at all but my experience working for Marvel tells me there's almost zero chance this is true. Possible? Sure. Likely? Almost certainly not.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm stating the obvious, but there are three choices:

1) Recast T'Challa
    2) Kill off T'Challa
    3) Not kill off the character, but do some kind of spinoff that doesn't have the character in it.

I think option 2 is full of risk for a backlash. I would argue that it's far worse optics than option 1 despite some people thinking the optics there are bad. Option 3 is weird because there would be a huge elephant in the room, but it doesn't have the same bad look as killing off a character and would please the people who think that the character should be "retired" in honor of Chadwick Boseman.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I think we've done pretty well not re-hashing this debate. Right now, I'd like to get the current solo resolved quickly so that we can move forward on that front.

I could be wrong(probably am) but I think the vocal support we've been showing in this thread for Re....... a certain writer could have finally reached the ears at Marvel.

To quote a famous song, "Give the people what they want!" I went to Previews to look for the Feb solicits but I guess they haven't been updated yet. As soon as they are, I'm pre-ordering at least 3 copies of King In Black: Black Panther Kicks Symbiote Ass!

I think they should use that title.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    i'd be extremely surprised if any of that is true. Marvel is ridiculously tight about letting out info about the movies and the idea something that big would be leaked to her is pretty much nonsense.

the politics of murdering "Chadwick Boseman" on screen basically prevent Marvel making a decision that stupid.

i don't have any inside info on this, at all but my experience working for Marvel tells me there's almost zero chance this is true. Possible? Sure. Likely? Almost certainly not.
    I'm inclined to think that if Disney retires T'Challa they'd do it off-screen because it'd be weird killing him off (again). One could say that'd be re-traumatizing, especially for the young audience. Definitely controversial and exploitative. They're far more likely to just start off with a funeral or say he went to go discover the source of vibranium than have him die at the hands of a new villain.

But who knows, this is one of several popular theories that've been floating around the fanbase so it's no surprise Disney might consider it. I don't think Grace is lying that she heard they may kill off T'Challa, but the way she makes it seem definitive is just her personal bias and conjecture. She's been campaigning for Shuri to take the mantle and as a scooper, her whole thing is being the first one to take a rumor and spin that as a confirmed leak. So I agree, this is possible, but far from anything we should expect this early in the game.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think we've done pretty well not re-hashing this debate. Right now, I'd like to get the current solo resolved quickly so that we can move forward on that front.

I could be wrong(probably am) but I think the vocal support we've been showing in this thread for Re....... a certain writer could have finally reached the ears at Marvel.

To quote a famous song, "Give the people what they want!" I went to Previews to look for the Feb solicits but I guess they haven't been updated yet. As soon as they are, I'm pre-ordering at least 3 copies of King In Black: Black Panther Kicks Symbiote Ass!

I think they should use that title.
    Okay that was my last post on the topic lol. I'm definitely excited to see what Redjack brings to the table with his run. I touched on this yesterday but I really like how he's able to capture the scope of T'Challa's role as a king and worldly hero.

Those are two such different positions but they're a great catalyst for T'Challa to rule one of the most interesting locations in Earth 616 while also taking on international threats from all corners of the MU. Even if Redjack doesn't get the chance to write the next solo I'd like to see T'Challa spend more time abroad and doing heroic things in other countries, balancing royal duties with global adventurism.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm stating the obvious, but there are three choices:

1) Recast T'Challa
    2) Kill off T'Challa
    3) Not kill off the character, but do some kind of spinoff that doesn't have the character in it.

I think option 2 is full of risk for a backlash. I would argue that it's far worse optics than option 1 despite some people thinking the optics there are bad. Option 3 is weird because there would be a huge elephant in the room, but it doesn't have the same bad look as killing off a character and would please the people who think that the character should be "retired" in honor of Chadwick Boseman.
    The MCU is already playing with the multiverse. We already had two actors play Bruce Banner.

Since the MCU is not going to reboot, not using T'Challa after not giving him a full run like Iron Man & Cap is no bueno.