Page 608 of 750 FirstFirst ... 108508558598604605606607608609610611612618658708 ... LastLast
Results 9,106 to 9,120 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Okay that was my last post on the topic lol. I'm definitely excited to see what Redjack brings to the table with his run. I touched on this yesterday but I really like how he's able to capture the scope of T'Challa's role as a king and worldly hero.

Those are two such different positions but they're a great catalyst for T'Challa to rule one of the most interesting locations in Earth 616 while also taking on international threats from all corners of the MU. Even if Redjack doesn't get the chance to write the next solo I'd like to see T'Challa spend more time abroad and doing heroic things in other countries, balancing royal duties with global adventurism.
    Lol, by no means am I telling people not to discuss that topic, I was just making an observation . People are bound to discuss it.

Yeah, I like the worldly take on T'Challa and not limiting his stories to coups, turmoil at home and any other issues they tend to inflict on Wakanda. Give him stories with other heroes that focus on other things.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think we've done pretty well not re-hashing this debate. Right now, I'd like to get the current solo resolved quickly so that we can move forward on that front.

I could be wrong(probably am) but I think the vocal support we've been showing in this thread for Re....... a certain writer could have finally reached the ears at Marvel.

To quote a famous song, "Give the people what they want!" I went to Previews to look for the Feb solicits but I guess they haven't been updated yet. As soon as they are, I'm pre-ordering at least 3 copies of King In Black: Black Panther Kicks Symbiote Ass!

I think they should use that title.
    I say treat the current solo like a Kevin Smith run.....incomplete & never mentioned again.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I say treat the current solo like a Kevin Smith run.....incomplete & never mentioned again.
    I wish they would. Or just release the last two issues on digital and move on.

All-New Member

Love this superhero and I would love to learn more about him.

Mighty Member

I didn't see a date for Panther Jack 616. When is it out?
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    I didn't see a date for Panther Jack 616. When is it out?
    The Panther King In Black tie-in is supposed to be out in Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I'm inclined to think that if Disney retires T'Challa they'd do it off-screen because it'd be weird killing him off (again). One could say that'd be re-traumatizing, especially for the young audience. Definitely controversial and exploitative. They're far more likely to just start off with a funeral or say he went to go discover the source of vibranium than have him die at the hands of a new villain.

But who knows, this is one of several popular theories that've been floating around the fanbase so it's no surprise Disney might consider it. I don't think Grace is lying that she heard they may kill off T'Challa, but the way she makes it seem definitive is just her personal bias and conjecture. She's been campaigning for Shuri to take the mantle and as a scooper, her whole thing is being the first one to take a rumor and spin that as a confirmed leak. So I agree, this is possible, but far from anything we should expect this early in the game.
    Here the last I'm going to say about it.

Of Marvel shows T'Challa doe on screen, no matter what they try it's going to be exploitative, traumatizing to the young audience and frankly super distasteful. Especially if it's done "to show how dangerous the villain is" that is the epitome of jobbing T'Challa and exploiting him to prop up the Villain in a stupid manner, especially if said villain wasn't even apart of his mythos. This is the same if it's done off screen as well just only slightly less dumb but still the same opinion.

People need to stop trying to push for T'Challa to die on screen for a third time. They don't see/ care about the optics of such a thing and it shows blatantly clear. Especially in Grace twitter there were some saying stupid isht like "of Chad's family is cool with it than let it happen" who TF would want to see their family member die again on screen?? That's why I say what I say about this topic and why I side eye those who support it

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    King in Black is looking legit

Attachment 102045
    Who is that with blade and the maker? Magneto?? This is looking so dope!

I could be wrong(probably am) but I think the vocal support we've been showing in this thread for Re....... a certain writer could have finally reached the ears at Marvel.

To quote a famous song, "Give the people what they want!" I went to Previews to look for the Feb solicits but I guess they haven't been updated yet. As soon as they are, I'm pre-ordering at least 3 copies of King In Black: Black Panther Kicks Symbiote Ass!

I think they should use that title.
    Man I hope so, I hope this is the springboard needed to get Redjack the solo. Marvel should be paying attention to what he just said in the interview, someone who talks about the character and being honored, excited and willing to write the Character is exactly what they need for him to be successful, plus the fact that he has experience in comics and other mediums and is somewhat of a "name" for their extra clout, should be a recipe for success. Coates and his cabal of "intellectuals" failed... Miserably. It's time to refocus like they did with Carol when they literally did the exact same thing with her. Get a professional (check) someone who wants to write him (check) loves the character and his world, (check) and wants to expand and elevate him to the next level and is proven his ability to do so (check and check) in the immortal words of T'Chadwick "Get this man a solo!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Who is that with blade and the maker? Magneto?? This is looking so dope!

Man I hope so, I hope this is the springboard needed to get Redjack the solo. Marvel should be paying attention to what he just said in the interview, someone who talks about the character and being honored, excited and willing to write the Character is exactly what they need for him to be successful, plus the fact that he has experience in comics and other mediums and is somewhat of a "name" for their extra clout, should be a recipe for success. Coates and his cabal of "intellectuals" failed... Miserably. It's time to refocus like they did with Carol when they literally did the exact same thing with her. Get a professional (check) someone who wants to write him (check) loves the character and his world, (check) and wants to expand and elevate him to the next level and is proven his ability to do so (check and check) in the immortal words of T'Chadwick "Get this man a solo!"
    I think that's blade with Magneto and Professor X

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I think that's blade with Magneto and Professor X
    Man I must be way out of it, I had no idea prof x was out of the chair

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Man I must be way out of it, I had no idea prof x was out of the chair
    Xmen is hot. Hickman doing some of his best work.

I'm reserving judgment until after I see the payoff the set up for Synch and Darwin.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I'm reserving judgment until after I see the payoff the set up for Synch and Darwin.
    I'm just a little baffled that they created the Great Captains of Krakoa which includes Bishop, Scott, Magik and Gorgon but we've yet to see Bishop involved in X of Swords in any meaningful way. The other three are but not Bishop.

Did they just give him a paper title?

Anyhoo, I'm happy that Redjack is getting another shot at doing a BP story and I hope this is just the beginning. If there's any writer that I feel 100% confident in right now it's him.

I'm just a little baffled that they created the Great Captains of Krakoa which includes Bishop, Scott, Magik and Gorgon but we've yet to see Bishop involved in X of Swords in any meaningful way. The other three are but not Bishop.

Did they just give him a paper title?

Anyhoo, I'm happy that Redjack is getting another shot at doing a BP story and I hope this is just the beginning. If there's any writer that I feel 100% confident in right now it's him.
    I wouldn't say Scott has any significance. He was just along for the ride on SWORD.

I wouldn't say Scott has any significance. He was just along for the ride on SWORD.
    There was an issue where he and Illyana were making plans on how to deal with Arakko just in case their lost side in X of Swords. That's far more than what Bishop is doing at the moment.

He even gets a sword.