Page 632 of 750 FirstFirst ... 132532582622628629630631632633634635636642682732 ... LastLast
Results 9,466 to 9,480 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Either Hollywood Reporter is wrong (which is unlikely) or Disney's moving forward without a recast. Unless there's someone else lined up for the role of T'Challa and it hasn't leaked yet. But that information likely would've leaked with Tenoch Huerta being in talks to play a villain. Or not, I could see Disney being sensitive with that info.

As far as Shuri playing a greater role, that could theoretically happen even if there were a recast. I think the plan was for her to always take the mantle, but 5+ years after T'Challa retired. With the controversy that'd surround a recast I think that the timetable was moved up. My assumption has been that if Marvel does recast they'd have it so Shuri would get her own Panther habit by the end of BP2 and have her in the field by BP3. So most everyone would be satisfied by the end of the trilogy.
    We will see. Although being in a prominent role doesn't mean lead so there is still an opportunity of a recast.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    hm.

my guess would be time jump with Shuri as the BP.

it's the only way to get around killing T'Challa on screen.
    This is most likely. Start off with a funeral and shift to Shuri. Unless they planned on killing T'Challa off without CGI. Theoretically they could have a stunt double wear the suit and have them act out T'Challa's death without dialogue. Though I doubt that's happening. There's always the possibility of a recast we haven't heard about but there'd be rumors by major publications by now or in the near future.

This is most likely. Start off with a funeral and shift to Shuri. Unless they planned on killing T'Challa off without CGI. Theoretically they could have a stunt double wear the suit and have them act out T'Challa's death without dialogue. Though I doubt that's happening. There's always the possibility of a recast we haven't heard about but there'd be rumors by major publications by now or in the near future.
    Nothing sells better than Black Death. Even fictional characters right! I'm going to pass

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Seems like they’re going to make Shuri the Panther. I just hope Marvel’s lust for synergy doenst mean T’Challa in the comics gets shoved aside too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Nothing sells better than Black Death. Even fictional characters right! I'm going to pass

I second that. Especially for a second solo movie.

Extraordinary Member

I wonder what villain Tenoch would be playing? A Mexican actor???

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I wonder what villain Tenoch would be playing? A Mexican actor???
    Namor. But until Marvel starts killing off all of their iconic white Heroes and replacing them I have no interest in anything that they're doing.

Either Hollywood Reporter is wrong (which is unlikely) or Disney's moving forward without a recast. Unless there's someone else lined up for the role of T'Challa and it hasn't leaked yet. But that information likely would've leaked with Tenoch Huerta being in talks to play a villain. Or not, I could see Disney being sensitive with that info.

As far as Shuri playing a greater role, that could theoretically happen even if there were a recast. I think the plan was for her to always take the mantle, but 5+ years after T'Challa retired. With the controversy that'd surround a recast I think that the timetable would've been moved up. My assumption has been that if Marvel does recast they'd have it so Shuri would get her own Panther habit by the end of BP2 and have her in the field by BP3. So most everyone would be satisfied by the end of the trilogy.
    Well since they literally just said they are still reeling from the loss, I don't believe it. If it's true, then Disney is ****en stupid. If they phase out T'Challa without completing his story at all then they truly are clueless and it's essentially a big middle finger to Chadwick and the hard work he put into T'Challa

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Well since they literally just said they are still reeling from the loss, I don't believe it. If it's true, then Disney is ****en stupid. If they phase out T'Challa without completing his story at all then they truly are clueless and it's essentially a big middle finger to Chadwick and the hard work he put into T'Challa
    Unfortunately, people are so caught up in their preconceived notion that Shuri should be the next Black Panther. It just makes me sad that T'Challa will just be brushed aside to elevate another character who has not had half the longevity the main character has had in the comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Seems like they’re going to make Shuri the Panther. I just hope Marvel’s lust for synergy doenst mean T’Challa in the comics gets shoved aside too.
    I've been theorizing how this affects other mediums and at best they both become Black Panther. So the mantle goes the way of Spider-Man or Hawkeye, though because T'Challa never got a full MCU arc that immortalized him as THE BP, there's more wishy washy-ness about which one of them is used. In the comics T'Challa probably goes to be a full hero, giving Shuri the throne and making her the "real" BP and queen of Wakanda. Kinda like Redjack's BP Quest with the exception Shuri gets a suit and does her own hero stuff.

The BP solo basically gets turned into an ensemble/buddy cop thing, which is basically what it is under Coates. So T'Challa as the "lead" but Shuri and the Dora (who will also get a push) as narrative co-equals. I see T'Challa keeping his Avengers spot but after Shuri cements herself in the role in a few years I think they'll shift him out and they'll rotate depending on how synergized editorial wants the book to be. Shuri gets top billing as "the" Black Panther in upcoming games, cartoons, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Disney isn't stupid. Disney is about that money. If they were truly still reeling theyd cancel the project entirely since the main character is no longer in it. But they're going to get that black money from casual fans asap while proclaiming black lives matter ect after killing off their most popular black hero for a third time.
    Last edited by Ekie; 11-20-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Yo, T'Challa is so badass hes been killed (or seemingly dead) 3 times in under 10 years! Marvel surely will be honoring Chadwick by doing this! I mean what better way to show how much his hardwork meant than to throw it in the trash and push a supporting cast member!

Unless they come out and explicitly say that Shuri will become the new Black Panther, I take everything with a grain of salt.

Unless Ryan managed to somehow rewrite the entire script since his death, they might be recasting

Unfortunately, people are so caught up in their preconceived notion that Shuri should be the next Black Panther. It just makes me sad that T'Challa will just be brushed aside to elevate another character who has not had half the longevity the main character has had in the comics.
    A character that was panther for barely a decade, and never had an ongoing but instead a failed mini, no rogues, no established presence other than being BP for a short time, no development source material, no agency at all other than ruling.. I mean do they not realize that Shuri is NOT set up, be it the MCU or 616, to be a solo hero? Again, this would be the biggest middle finger, and basically confirms no matter what, even the biggest Black male super hero of all time, means **** all to these companies