Page 64 of 750 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164564 ... LastLast

Since the real Monger is running things. Tetu or Zenzi should say Storm is the largest threat, but Monger should interject and say Tchalla is the biggest threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Since the real Monger is running things. Tetu or Zenzi should say Storm is the largest threat, but Monger should interject and say Tchalla is the biggest threat.
    But this is Coates abd his "goddess" is the Hope sbf key to maroon's victory. Tchalla is just there to be scolded and remember the past.

Logic would dictate monger would say along the lines if, i know him the best, and with him, its what you don't see that you should be worried about. Fear what T'Challa os doing and not this supposed "goddess"

But that would go against his agenda
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 02-03-2020 at 03:17 PM.

You mean Shuris' plan? He was ready to go back to Imperial space to fight the way he had been doing before.

I remember Storm fans complained the way she was used in SWaD. She probably could have stopped the entire invasion herself based on her power set. But Tchalla said "hold up, I'm the title character, stay in your lane." So she was relegated to fighting on the ground with everyone else. Should the Skrulls have considered her the bigger threat? Probably, but its not her book.
    I think Shuri was actually against nuking the memory realm, and the mother actually had to talk her into it if I recall correctly. So I don't think she can take too much credit for the current course of action.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

You mean Shuris' plan? He was ready to go back to Imperial space to fight the way he had been doing before.

I remember Storm fans complained the way she was used in SWaD. She probably could have stopped the entire invasion herself based on her power set. But Tchalla said "hold up, I'm the title character, stay in your lane." So she was relegated to fighting on the ground with everyone else. Should the Skrulls have considered her the bigger threat? Probably, but its not her book.
    stories shouldnt be written from that perspective. if the goal is that he shouldnt be outshone (not sure that's a,word) by other characters he shouldnt have said characters appear in the book. I like how coates write tchalla. everything can't be won with tech or even science. you sometimes have to get to help and in the case where you have a villain powered by the might of a god it makes sense he would look to help from outside sources.

what happened during the skrull invasion was just wis.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Its understandable they are calling Eden and Storm the biggest obstacles at the moment because they are the ones actively holding them at bay. From what they know Tchalla is a theoretical threat, but Storm and Eden are active ones.

And Monger probably wants to keep his mouth shut either way. I don't think he's necessarily rooting for NuKillmonger, so if he ends up being blind side by Tchalla he probably won't be shedding any tears.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Do you know what the age of sexual consent is in the United kingdom?

For those that dont know, it's Sixteen.

So can we now dispense with this silly morality non-starter that's been pushed by some for a minority of readers for awhile now.
    And 14 in some parts of Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Its understandable they are calling Eden and Storm the biggest obstacles at the moment because they are the ones actively holding them at bay. From what they know Tchalla is a theoretical threat, but Storm and Eden are active ones.

And Monger probably wants to keep his mouth shut either way. I don't think he's necessarily rooting for NuKillmonger, so if he ends up being blind side by Tchalla he probably won't be shedding any tears.
    Unliess Killmonger has metal blocks, the symbiote knows everything he knows. That should influence his decision making. What Ezyo said would be the most accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    stories shouldnt be written from that perspective. if the goal is that he shouldnt be outshone (not sure that's a,word) by other characters he shouldnt have said characters appear in the book. I like how coates write tchalla. everything can't be won with tech or even science. you sometimes have to get to help and in the case where you have a villain powered by the might of a god it makes sense he would look to help from outside sources.

what happened during the skrull invasion was just wis.
    The might of a god? Okoye took him down in under three seconds, with tech.
    Last edited by Cville; 02-03-2020 at 03:47 PM.

Unliess Killmonger has metal blocks, the symbiote knows everything he knows. That should influence his decision making. What Ezyo said would be the most accurate.
    Even if that's true, again if Storm is the one actively blowing your ships out of the sky at that very moment at least she should be considered the biggest obstacle. She was the thing holding their forces at bay. She is what they need to worry about until something else pops up which becomes a more credible threat. We as readers have clues that something is up, but we're not there yet.

Even if that's true, again if Storm is the one actively blowing your ships out of the sky at that very moment at least she should be considered the biggest obstacle. She was the thing holding their forces at bay. She is what they need to worry about until something else pops up which becomes a more credible threat. We as readers have clues that something is up, but we're not there yet.
    That's not what he says. He says she is the "key to the resistance...a fierce warrior and inspiration to the resistance"(the image is on the last page of the Storm thread). Hes not talking about the immediate, he's talking in general.

BANNED

The might of a god? Okoye took him down his under three seconds, with tech.
    Such is the fate of all faux gods and goddesses.

That's not what he says. He says she is the "key to the resistance...a fierce warrior and inspiration to the resistance"(the image is on the last page of the Storm thread). Hes not talking about the immediate, he's talking in general.
    Right now immediate and general are pretty much the same thing from his perspective, because she's the one holding the line.

Both one see's Tchalla. They don't know what he's doing. Storm conversely is on the front lines. If everyone else had access to the same information the reader did, things might be different.

BANNED

Some folks just love staying in their obtuse and blatantly disingenuous lane.

Coates just needs to get his faux goddess pushing agenda and get the frak away from the BP mythos.

I think Shuri was actually against nuking the memory realm, and the mother actually had to talk her into it if I recall correctly. So I don't think she can take too much credit for the current course of action.
    Issue 19 shows that Shuri scolds T'Challa abd tells him what he needs to do. Ramonda evens asks Shuri is this is the correct way, so as cville said T'Challa is wanting to fight head on and Shuri is telling him to destroy the djahlia

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

The might of a god? Okoye took him down in under three seconds, with tech.
    she clearly didnt keep him down if he still sending a massive fleet to take out wakanda prime.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!