Page 654 of 750 FirstFirst ... 154554604644650651652653654655656657658664704 ... LastLast
Results 9,796 to 9,810 of 11243
  1. #9796
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Some of the brothers who are bringing heat in 2021 at marvel and dc.

    Me
    Marc Bernardin
    Brandon Easton
    Brandon Thomas

    i know them all personally and, trust me, it's about to go down.

  2. #9797
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    which is nonsense, of course.

    as is the notion of a overly militarized Wakanda. they're not Sparta.

    these are the only civilized humans on earth. they have galaxy level tech compared to been the greatest minds on the planet. they hav zero imperial, aggressive tendencies or they'd have conquered the world a long time ago.

    folks are crazy.

    they are isolationists, not racists. if mutants have existed for as long as marvel says they have it stands to reason Wakanda was the first civilization to know them for what they are and incorporate them into its society. you have to start thinking of wakanda as Krypton or Asgard. That's how much it has in common with the rest of the world.

    Also, Vibraxis, as much as i hate that name, seemed to get along with everyone fine.

  3. #9798
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    What happens in the page, this, regarding T'Challa? How many off the page occurances have we the audience been asked to believe and just accept regarding T'Challa? Several.

    The sentence you bolded in my post is contradictory, yes; but you need to look at it with the implied context, the same way everyone else was able to. The point was to reflect the intended contradictory characterization of T'Challa. The question you have to ask yourself is, how could he not know about it? Ezyo pointed out how T'Challa moved heaven and earth through hell and high water to investigate a young girl who was killed on the other side of the world in Priest's TC, meanwhile we're supposed to believe Wakanda's protector aka Mr 10 steps ahead is ignorant to a pretty big deal going on in his own small county? Coates can miss me with that nonsense. Coates doesn't have to explicitly spoon feed you what he's communicating. Coates' weak attempt at subliminals is VERY obvious.
    You're just deflecting here. At no point has the book ever asked the audience to believe that T'Challa was a misogynist or supporter of rape camps. And if they did, it was ultimately proven wrong by the book itself.

    You don't have to make the writing sound worse than it actually is just because you don't like it.

  4. #9799
    Mighty Member ZeonsSilverStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,134

    Default

    Don't know if anyone has played it but the Spider-Man game, like the previous one, has some Black Panther references. Of course the Wakandan Embassy returns, Miles has a souvenir Wakandan flag, and Jameson makes reference to a show called the Great Wakandan Cook-Off.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

  5. #9800
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Don't know if anyone has played it but the Spider-Man game, like the previous one, has some Black Panther references. Of course the Wakandan Embassy returns, Miles has a souvenir Wakandan flag, and Jameson makes reference to a show called the Great Wakandan Cook-Off.
    Have any of the comics given detail on Wakanda cuisine? Yeah, Jameson's line was likely a joke but it is something that makes me curious.

  6. #9801
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,429

    Default

    For Chadwick's birthday on Disney+


  7. #9802
    Mighty Member ZeonsSilverStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Have any of the comics given detail on Wakanda cuisine? Yeah, Jameson's line was likely a joke but it is something that makes me curious.
    Not in any of the comics I've read myself but I have to imagine there has been some over the years.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

  8. #9803
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    18,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    which is nonsense, of course.

    as is the notion of a overly militarized Wakanda. they're not Sparta.

    these are the only civilized humans on earth. they have galaxy level tech compared to been the greatest minds on the planet. they hav zero imperial, aggressive tendencies or they'd have conquered the world a long time ago.

    folks are crazy.

    they are isolationists, not racists. if mutants have existed for as long as marvel says they have it stands to reason Wakanda was the first civilization to know them for what they are and incorporate them into its society. you have to start thinking of wakanda as Krypton or Asgard. That's how much it has in common with the rest of the world.

    Also, Vibraxis, as much as i hate that name, seemed to get along with everyone fine.
    I think the Sparta comparison is mostly just that Wakanda has a King that will step in the front lines and tear you apart backed by a whole nation that would tear you apart if you come to Wakanda and pose any threat at all. So more "stereotypcial Warrior Nation" and less "lets go conquour athens' lol

    I DO think to this day the solution the comic T'challa/Shuri problem was a Spart like oligarchy ruled by two monarchs. But the comics came up with what they did so whatever lol

    I agree with everything else you said x100000000. It is refreshing to see some writers still understand what Wakanda is and means.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  9. #9804
    Ultimate Life Form BlackClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Space Colony ARK
    Posts
    1,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    For Chadwick's birthday on Disney+

    Wow. I really hope they do something similar to this to honor Chadwick when BP2 comes out.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

  10. #9805
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    For Chadwick's birthday on Disney+

    This just underscores how important it is for T'Challa to remain alive and active in the MCU. Happy birthday and RIP to King T'Chadwick.

  11. #9806
    Extraordinary Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Since hyper advanced technology seems to be Wakanda's thing I imagine Wakanda would have a Future Soldier program instead or would have it already implemented. Soldiers with advanced exo-skeleton armour, AI assistants (like the Halo SPARTANs), remote controlled drones and mini-tanks/vehicles for reconnaissance and combat, all kinds of future militaristic gadgets that are being planned in real life right now. They've had them for years.
    There are soilders with spartan like armor in the Secret Invasion episode of Earths Mightiest Heroes.

  12. #9807
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The other side
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think the Sparta comparison is mostly just that Wakanda has a King that will step in the front lines and tear you apart backed by a whole nation that would tear you apart if you come to Wakanda and pose any threat at all. So more "stereotypcial Warrior Nation" and less "lets go conquour athens' lol

    I DO think to this day the solution the comic T'challa/Shuri problem was a Spart like oligarchy ruled by two monarchs. But the comics came up with what they did so whatever lol

    I agree with everything else you said x100000000. It is refreshing to see some writers still understand what Wakanda is and means.
    I don't think Wakanda should have two monarchs, T'challa is the one and only ruler. Blackbolt didn't have to share the throne with Maximus and over in DC Arthur didn't have to share the throne with Orm. T'challa is king and it should stay that way, in my opinion.

  13. #9808
    Extraordinary Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    I don't think Wakanda should have two monarchs, T'challa is the one and only ruler. Blackbolt didn't have to share the throne with Maximus and over in DC Arthur didn't have to share the throne with Orm. T'challa is king and it should stay that way, in my opinion.
    Maybe if they did, their brothers wouldn't keep trying to usurp them. Lol

  14. #9809
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    I don't think Wakanda should have two monarchs, T'challa is the one and only ruler. Blackbolt didn't have to share the throne with Maximus and over in DC Arthur didn't have to share the throne with Orm. T'challa is king and it should stay that way, in my opinion.
    My thoughts exactly. Every other king in comics has their throne to themselves unless they’re married. Why does Shuri need more than what she currently has? Head Engineer of the Wakandan Design Group, Ancient-Future Griot, superhero princess. If Marvel can’t find a way to make the shit work then frankly they might as well kill the character off because there’s no reason that Shuri should live if they don’t know what to do with her at this point. Giving her a throne equal to T’Challa’s is lazy and disrespectful imo. What I am warming up to is the idea of making Shuri an unofficial BP. T’Challa is still ruler, Bast’s favored son, and the true BP but Shuri can call herself BP on her solo adventures with her own Iron Panther suit. But there’s still issues with that and I’d prefer they just go the tech-savvy princess route.

  15. #9810
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    62,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    For Chadwick's birthday on Disney+

    This is great .
    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Every other king in comics has their throne to themselves unless they’re married. Why does Shuri need more than what she currently has? Head Engineer of the Wakandan Design Group, Ancient-Future Griot, superhero princess. If Marvel can’t find a way to make the shit work then frankly they might as well kill the character off because there’s no reason that Shuri should live if they don’t know what to do with her at this point. Giving her a throne equal to T’Challa’s is lazy and disrespectful imo. What I am warming up to is the idea of making Shuri an unofficial BP. T’Challa is still ruler, Bast’s favored son, and the true BP but Shuri can call herself BP on her solo adventures with her own Iron Panther suit. But there’s still issues with that and I’d prefer they just go the tech-savvy princess route.
    Comic Shuri doesn't even want the throne or to be Black Panther anymore. Granted, some of that is synergizing her, but still.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •