Page 66 of 750 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166566 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Bob Iger with Oprah talking about Black Panther
    https://twitter.com/PodcastSpeech/st...03983865200643

Budget was 175 mil

After screening decided to add 20 to 25 mill

Had a few clarity issues he needed to see cleaned up.

Good thing they added that extra money....although you could argue they should have added more

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I just reread these issues changmire wasnt the ideal host nor has killmonger been but he told the symbiote/bast that he would master him. so that explains what happened with teri.

that's fine to think that. no disrespect to tchalla but powerwise ororo and eden do outshone him. it may be that njadaka is investigating tchalla that results in his ultimate defeat. we dont know yet how this will end.
    Didn't the symbiote kill some guards earlier? And killed a few people to get to Changemire. And he used it the same way Emperor N'Jadaka did. Just using tentacles to attack people. He wasn't helpless. He just picked the planet that knows how to deal with symbiotes. lol.

If Batroc the Leaper can knock Storm down, I confident BP can beat both her and Eden.

Redjack talking about leaving Black Panther bucket naked...

Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Issue 19 shows that Shuri scolds T'Challa abd tells him what he needs to do. Ramonda evens asks Shuri is this is the correct way, so as cville said T'Challa is wanting to fight head on and Shuri is telling him to destroy the djahlia
    Guess it's as good a time as any to bust out some scans.

Look at the scene from issue 16.

BLAP2018016Preview-5.jpg

Shuri is clearly against the idea, and pleading that there must be another way. That's not something she would do if this were her idea, right?

And mother responds that it's not a choice for her... it's a choice for T'Challa. So if it's T'Challa's call and he didn't want to do this, they wouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Guess it's as good a time as any to bust out some scans.

Look at the scene from issue 16.

BLAP2018016Preview-5.jpg

Shuri is clearly against the idea, and pleading that there must be another way. That's not something she would do if this were her idea, right?

And mother responds that it's not a choice for her... it's a choice for T'Challa. So if it's T'Challa's call and he didn't want to do this, they wouldn't be.
    Then why was he headed out to space and Shuri stops him and tells him he needs to go the to memory plane in the staff meeting? Its Coates' story so long that he forgets what he writes three months ago. Or did he feel Shuri wasn't' doing enough this arc and changed it up later? Either way, Tchalla is there now and Shuri is the one who told him to go there.

Wasn't the first way the shard of the M'Kraan crystal? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Then why was he headed out to space and Shuri stops him and tells him he needs to go the to memory plane in the staff meeting? Its Coates' story so long that he forgets what he writes three months ago. Or did he feel Shuri wasn't' doing enough this arc and changed it up later? Either way, Tchalla is there now and Shuri is the one who told him to go there.

Wasn't the first way the shard of the M'Kraan crystal? lol
    Coates didn't forget... in issue 19 Shuri admits that she realizes NOW the sacrifice that has to be made. She was initially against the plan, but changed her mind and admits it to him.

ANyways, point being it wasn't Shuri's plan. But yes she does push him towards it when T'CHalla wanted to go after Killmonger and Tetu instead of doing the memory plane thing. T'Challa wanted to go after the bad guy, and Shuri does argues that it's more important to restore the memories of the people who lost it. If you want to give Shuri credit for that, it's entirely fair ... but giving her credit for creating the plan is not.

Reading the back and forth commentary basically the Black Panther comic has become a daytime soap opera...

Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Reading the back and forth commentary basically the Black Panther comic has become a daytime soap opera...
    I think it was Roy Thomas or Archie Goodwin who once claimed that ALL superhero comics are soap operas... but ones where fights replace the love scenes.

Personally, I'm just bored now.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    No daggers.
    No bast roar.
    No kimoyo.
    No help from Bast or dead ancestors except via adv ice and even that would be rare and cost a lot in order to get it.
    No marriage to Ororo.
    The habit would be vibranium and circuitry-laced in the ways I described, for the reasons i described.

The "force push" would be a last resort response, basically an overload-release of gathered energy that would destroy the nearest enemy but also the suit itself.

MY Black Panther would be far more than capable of handling all business if you stripped him down to his underwear and said, "Win."

It's the man, not the tools.
    And that's fine, your version sounds very similar to how Hudlin wrote T'Challa, very minor tech wise. But for me, I like how Priest for instance had T'Challa casually tase a car full of thugs with the Daggers by setting it to stun, or how he shut down a helicopter with the dagger, or how Ewing had him adjust the daggers frequency to match Carol's blast in Ultimates.

Daggers are mostly for non-lethal/ capture takedowns and if they show up in the cartoon again, a non bloody way to use weapons without fear of it being "too gory" want to avoid wolverine situations like The old cartoons.

I like how Priest used kimoyo to hack and stop a missile launch or Ewing used it to communicate with Galactus incubator to turn him into the life bringer. Or how Hudlin had Monica turn into light form and "carried" her into Wakanda undetected inside the kimoyo card

Bast roar is actually a satellite is is more aligned to a "Big" force push but this is more like heavy artillery similar to N'Yami class mothership and is a last resort/ tertiary tech, think of it as a crazy scary defense system that helps protect Wakanda from would be Invaders both cosmic and earth bound (sparingly used given destructive capability)

No king of the dead I agree as it's been completely useless since it's creation and has only been served as a way to Hickman and Coates to shade throw.

Force push would function differently the it's current and even MCU form in how it stores energy. Basically in order for it to "store" the energy it has to be high impact (so bullet's will function just like how Priest intended, the simply fall without touching the habit) knives function how Priest and Hudlin intended, the tips break if they don't hit along the grain.

But if say Thor punches T'Challa, The habit will absorb the impact and T'Challa can in turn redirect the energy back, be it a push, or enhanced strike or sending the wave through the ground to knock Thor vertically into the air, basically orthodox and unorthodox uses.

But the habit can be overloaded if he takes too much energy. The habit wouldn't be destroyed but inert for awhile until it "resets" itself (this process could be sped up via a renewal process back in Wakanda) after several hours.

It's again as you said, the man not the tools, but at the same time the man will use the tools he has available to get the job done, even if he uses it in a unorthodox manner, and can still fit into any story you want to tell be it street level all the way up to cosmic and he can hang.

How he handles a situation vs how Tony would does greatly vary. Tony while fighting stealth tech may use some crazy advanced scanning and tracking tech to find the energy frequency while T'Challa uses Windex and looks at the splotches and aroma.

So I would adopt the moderation approach rather then the minimalist
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 02-04-2020 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I just reread these issues changmire wasnt the ideal host nor has killmonger been but he told the symbiote/bast that he would master him. so that explains what happened with teri.

that's fine to think that. no disrespect to tchalla but powerwise ororo and eden do outshone him. it may be that njadaka is investigating tchalla that results in his ultimate defeat. we dont know yet how this will end.
    "Powerwise" strictly looking at that sure, but overall capability and prowess as a whole? Nah. T'Challa has been shown multiple times on panel to easily fight above his weight class. Your looking at power scale and trying to say if "X character has this much power then by default they should look better the Y character even in Y characters book because they are stronger" that is not even close to how it works. Ever. Guest appearances are there to support the title Character and make them look good, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Coates didn't forget... in issue 19 Shuri admits that she realizes NOW the sacrifice that has to be made. She was initially against the plan, but changed her mind and admits it to him.

ANyways, point being it wasn't Shuri's plan. But yes she does push him towards it when T'CHalla wanted to go after Killmonger and Tetu instead of doing the memory plane thing. T'Challa wanted to go after the bad guy, and Shuri does argues that it's more important to restore the memories of the people who lost it. If you want to give Shuri credit for that, it's entirely fair ... but giving her credit for creating the plan is not.
    And it just further shows just how much Coates DOESN'T get T'Challa or understand the character. He has him act so short sighted and stupid that Shuri has to scold him and tell him what to do, to share her "wisdom" instead of realising that T'Challa is a endgame grandmaster chess player character. Everyone around him is looking at the trees while he is looking at the forest. But Coates has him staring at the twig while everyone else is looking an the tree (so everyone looks dumb, but T'Challa just looks dumber then the rest). And basically it is her plan because T'Challas plan was to attack the intergalactic empire

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    And it just further shows just how much Coates DOESN'T get T'Challa or understand the character. He has him act so short sighted and stupid that Shuri has to scold him and tell him what to do, to share her "wisdom" instead of realising that T'Challa is a endgame grandmaster chess player character. Everyone around him is looking at the trees while he is looking at the forest. But Coates has him staring at the twig while everyone else is looking an the tree (so everyone looks dumb, but T'Challa just looks dumber then the rest). And basically it is her plan because T'Challas plan was to attack the intergalactic empire
    Again, why would she be so against the idea in issue 16 if it was her plan in the first place? She only admits it's the right thing to do in issue 19.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    No daggers.
    No bast roar.
    No kimoyo.
    No help from Bast or dead ancestors except via adv ice and even that would be rare and cost a lot in order to get it.
    No marriage to Ororo.
    The habit would be vibranium and circuitry-laced in the ways I described, for the reasons i described.

The "force push" would be a last resort response, basically an overload-release of gathered energy that would destroy the nearest enemy but also the suit itself.

MY Black Panther would be far more than capable of handling all business if you stripped him down to his underwear and said, "Win."

It's the man, not the tools.
    That's the Black panther I know. The one that scolds tony for relying on too much technology. the one that broke a space werewolve's neck in fantastic four when they thought he was disadvantaged by stripping his gear off him before the fight.

The only suit charging Id support is increased speed as the suit charges (explaining his wildly varying speeds over the years ranging from Spiderman speed to what weve seen him do in games (his ultimate in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3) and what we saw him do to Kraven in Panthers Quest cartoon. Upper limit is Quicksilver but only for a short distance at that speed. Kirby said he was this fast and I want it officially on the record.
    And as a very last resort after immense damage the suit releases the energy in explosion and is useless. This would explain even his very first appearance where his speed burst allowed him to dash inside Sue's force field before she could even get it up
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-04-2020 at 09:13 AM.

I do however Support Shuri being tech heavy and showing off what wakandan tech can do. Ax the ridiculous magic powers she now has and give her her fighting skill and tenacity along with pet mechanical Panther chock-full of wakanda defense and offensive capabilities that she can use in various ways.

There are other magicians in wakanda. There was no need to change her up.
    Hell resurrect brother voodoo and make him an honorary wakandan. Between Panther shuri him and Eden that's a pretty good squad

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    That's the Black panther I know. The one that scolds tony for relying on too much technology. the one that broke a space werewolve's neck in fantastic four when they thought he was disadvantaged by stripping his gear off him before the fight.

The only suit charging Id support is increased speed as the suit charges (explaining his wildly varying speeds over the years ranging from Spiderman speed to what weve seen him do in games (his ultimate in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3) and what we saw him do to Kraven in Panthers Quest cartoon.
    And as a very last resort after immense damage the suit releases the energy in explosion and is useless.
    In Priests run, they even made the point that Black Panther doesn't wear armor like Iron Man even if he could. But we've seen armor from him since then.

For what it's worth, I do think it makes sense that he has armor. I just prefer that he doesn't EXCEPT when dealing with really high high level threats. I think every comic book smart guy should have their version of Hulk buster armor lying around in their closet just in case they need it... but it's fast becoming T'Challa's default.

I wish marvel had just kept him with Priest gear and left it at that.