Page 677 of 750 FirstFirst ... 177577627667673674675676677678679680681687727 ... LastLast
Results 10,141 to 10,155 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I AGREE on distinction of support characters.

DISAGREE on Okoye being quippy.....that's better served with Shuri to distinguish her from her brother Tchalla.

I AGREE that we need to see more of the Panther cult priesthood, more divisions of the Wakandan Mysticism and defense.

I DISAGREE that the Dora's shouldn't be lead spies...... Ladies make the best and easiest spies of any nation so it makes great and perfect sense that the Dora's are the spies. However, it should be some males involved even if they are the minority.

I PROPOSE the return of P.R I D.E as Shuri's personal team and support cast.

I AGREE on Wakandan mutants and have spoken about them in here at length before. However the Mutants do not have to be X-Men (x-gene) but rather V-gene mutants from 10,000 years of close proximity to the Vibranium mound which transformed the dna of many Wakandans across generations until they have developed super-powers. There have existed in BP before and they were called "mutates" not mutants.....Vibraxas is evidence of a Wakandan with superpowers from Vibranium radiation.

Heck, since X-writers n editors created Gentle to through shade at BP....let's turn that into a positive for BP.

(1) Gentle is actually a Wakandan spy on main team X-Men ....(I would the native american xman with the Vibranium knife as the 2nd spy involved in X-Men clandestine network- Xforce)

(2) Existence of Gentle implies that there are x-gene Wakandans..... fine....but it's also a brilliant opportunity to have x-gene/V-gene Wakandan characters under Tchalla.

By the way, whatever happened to Savage land being an annex or protectorate under Wakanda? ...the X-Men tend to use it all willy nilly without Wakandan authorization.

****I.E.W****

The INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE OF WAKANDA was created on these very board years BEFORE TNC wrote BP. As much as he has totally butchered that concept...I still believe we can keep it around but just have the origins of the IEW changed retrospectively using a new story set in the present IEW affected by elements of it's past shown in flashbacks as reveals.

IEW requires SERIOUS political intrigue, espionage and high end sci-fi action type plots involving the various alien civilisations, space teams and cosmic based characters....but IEW will only take off if and only when other books/characters/writers/editorial actually give it valid recognition across the MU slate of titles otherwise it would be utterly superfluous as it is now under TNCs pen.

Whatever happened that Deviant or was it Eternal baby from Priest's run???

Whatever happened to the pre-historic dinosaur portion of the Wakandan kingdom? ....MY SUGGESTION ....for this is that it shared spartial rift with Savage land which is how Wakandans found and annexed Savage land.

Finally, Tchalla is the WEALTHIEST AND RICHEST SUPERHERO IN COMICDOM.... so writers and Marvel editorial SHOULD AND MUST give him the respect, showing and distinction of a character of such stature. All the white wealthy characters get to have grandiose showings if their feats of wealth but never BP/Tchalla.

Any thoughts?
    The Dora's SHOULDN'T be the lead spies. The DM was created to protect the royal family, where as the HZ was more of a spec ops type group. Sure there can be female Haze members, but no the DM should not be the lead spies as they doesn't fall into their role and creation. P.R.I.D.E should be the supporting cast for Shuri in her own spin off book. T'Challa needs to have his supporting cast streamlined and balanced, not further inflated but I agree it should come back. T'Challas cast should be: Li. Male Best friend (W'kabi), Okoye (to rep the DM), Kasper (rep the HZ) and Shuri. With others making brief appearances here and there.

Vibranium mutates should just be left as that. No v Gene, just call it a after effect that some Wakandans are affected by.

Frak gentle leave him out of the mythos, no matter what any writer does, all it takes is some 2nd rate x writer to frak up any development (like Coates wasting 4 year's of our time with Storm just for Vita to crush it in one 2nd tier x book) on a whim. IEW, easily solved by a suggestion made by Digi, T'Challa utters these words "end simulation" good to go, goodbye ishtty story hello 2nd try. And I agree it would be nice sometimes to see T'Challa flex (in the way only he can) his wealth and pull some big boss baller moves

this just in:

I've finally seen all the art for the one shot.

Boy.....

EVERYONE is going to be happy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The Dora's SHOULDN'T be the lead spies. The DM was created to protect the royal family, where as the HZ was more of a spec ops type group. Sure there can be female Haze members, but no the DM should not be the lead spies as they doesn't fall into their role and creation. P.R.I.D.E should be the supporting cast for Shuri in her own spin off book. T'Challa needs to have his supporting cast streamlined and balanced, not further inflated but I agree it should come back. T'Challas cast should be: Li. Male Best friend (W'kabi), Okoye (to rep the DM), Kasper (rep the HZ) and Shuri. With others making brief appearances here and there.

Vibranium mutates should just be left as that. No v Gene, just call it a after effect that some Wakandans are affected by.

Frak gentle leave him out of the mythos, no matter what any writer does, all it takes is some 2nd rate x writer to frak up any development (like Coates wasting 4 year's of our time with Storm just for Vita to crush it in one 2nd tier x book) on a whim. IEW, easily solved by a suggestion made by Digi, T'Challa utters these words "end simulation" good to go, goodbye ishtty story hello 2nd try. And I agree it would be nice sometimes to see T'Challa flex (in the way only he can) his wealth and pull some big boss baller moves
    Yup, a core supporting cast should at max have 5 characters, preferably 4 tbh. T'Challa's should consist of a non-Storm LI, Shuri (Head Engineer), Kasper (lead HZ), Okoye (lead DM), and 1 other character, like W'Kabi (best friend/security chief) or M'Baku (best frenemy/Jabari chieftain). Everyone else is supplementary and can appear here or there.

For a magic-centric arc you could bring in Zawavari (Elder Gods) or N'Baza (Panther Cult). For something with vibranium mutates, that's where we can get 2-3 issues with Vibraxas. If we're getting a Wakandan politics storyline, throw Hodari a few lines. Other than that, it should always be T'Challa, villain, LI, other core supporting cast, in that order. Everyone else is basically a guest character who appears depending on the arc. No different than if T'Challa teams up with another hero like with Moon Knight during the Priest run.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    To fix the Empire story, just have Tchalla send a message to himself in the past not to launch the ship or have the crew take another route to avoid the annomaly. I'd start with just one new planet for a year or two, then pull a Star Wars cheat and build something like the "Star Forge" to build up quicky.

I'd retcon Gentle to being from N'ganda. He was abandoned on a battlefield and and a soldier brought him home. Thats the real reason his "Mother" hates him. But the soldier dies in another battle so she is stuck with him until she re-marries and starts having her own childern. Tchalla seeing that he has an X-gene sends him to the Xavier school in the care of Storm.

The Serpent Valley was in the issue where Killmonger gets resurrected, but we didn't see any dinosaurs.

Edit: Just had a crazy idea. What if we retcon Zenzi to being Tchalla Psychiatrist? She have sessions with him explaining his thoughts on everything from DoomWar to Secret Wars. He powers would be useful in that profession.
    Dude why are u going the extra length to appease the X- side and bringing in Storm?

With my proposal we get to see Mastermind BP and discover that he has been direct info on the xmen since Gentle was intro'd.

2ndly, it goes to show how deep Wakandan spy network is?

I would make his "mother" his spy handler who reports to Okoye and/or BP so the whole "Mother hates him" thing is a ruse to validate Gentle's cover story.

We can not afford to keep being all simpy to the X-Men when they have perpetually been disrespectful to the BP mythos repeatedly.

.****Regarding Wakandan Dinosaurs****

Jungle Action had some issues with stories that clearly showed dinosaurs in Wakanda.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    this just in:

I've finally seen all the art for the one shot.

Boy.....

EVERYONE is going to be happy.

Yoooo.

Nice.

Awesome music vid to match!

Dude why are u going the extra length to appease the X- side and bringing in Storm?

With my proposal we get to see Mastermind BP and discover that he has been direct info on the xmen since Gentle was intro'd.

2ndly, it goes to show how deep Wakandan spy network is?

I would make his "mother" his spy handler who reports to Okoye and/or BP so the whole "Mother hates him" thing is a ruse to validate Gentle's cover story.

We can not afford to keep being all simpy to the X-Men when they have perpetually been disrespectful to the BP mythos repeatedly.

.****Regarding Wakandan Dinosaurs****

Jungle Action had some issues with stories that clearly showed dinosaurs in Wakanda.
    Bringing in? That's what happened. He sent him to Storm at the X institute. lol. Im just cleaning up his backstory like they just did with Franklin to seperate him from the franchise.

I know there are dinosaurs in JA, Im just saying they went there recently and none where shown on panel in that issue.

Mighty Member

V-gene helps diversify and expand the BP brand for easy spin-offs.

It also gives Wakanda more than just advanced tech

And finally it adds the BPs arsenal of Wakandan warriors/soldiers without need or requirement for bringing in super-powered non-Wakandans like Manifold to "help and assist" Wakanda....although I must say that I actually like Shuri pairing up with Manifold. It would be nice to get more of a shared plot between Wakanda and Manifolds' people which can be a sub-plot centred on Shuri.

Oh....and we need actual Shadow physics feats which do NOT need outside characters for it to work.

Mighty Member

Bringing in? That's what happened. He sent him to Storm at the X institute. lol. Im just cleaning up his backstory like they just did with Franklin to seperate him from the franchise.

I know there are dinosaurs in JA, Im just saying they went there recently and none where shown on panel in that issue.
    ***Regarding Gentle***

The spy proposal can still work within the clean-up backstory you suggested.

***Regarding Dinosaur***

"We went there recently".....Dude, you seen to have forgotten who is writing BP and what he has done with the book over the last 5yrs or so. LOL!!!

We also haven't seen the techno-jungle in some time, doesn't mean that it's no longer there unless it's explicited stated as such.....same with the Dinosaurs.

I would only be down for the backstory clean up for Gentle if he was going to be the robin to Tchalla Batman. But sadly that's not the case.
    I still prefer him being a mutant. I feel Gentle give Wakanda further dimension.
    The reason why I love certain BP character like Romonda, Killimonger, The White Wolf and now Gentle.
    They're Outsider perspective is everything to me.

In my opinion. The tier level is
    Wakandian Police
    Than Wakadian Soldier's
    Spies.
    Mystics.(12x Tribes)
    Mutants
    Vibrainium Mutants.
    Suprem Science Squad
    The Zuri or Champion of Wakanda.
    Dora's &HZ
    Intergalactic
    Royals (Cousins, 12 Tribes)ect)
    Black Panther
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 12-08-2020 at 02:07 PM.

***Regarding Gentle***

The spy proposal can still work within the clean-up backstory you suggested.

***Regarding Dinosaur***

"We went there recently".....Dude, you seen to have forgotten who is writing BP and what he has done with the book over the last 5yrs or so. LOL!!!

We also haven't seen the techno-jungle in some time, doesn't mean that it's no longer there unless it's explicited stated as such.....same with the Dinosaurs.
    All I said is that the area has been shown recently. I'm not saying dinosaurs are not there. Your original post asked what happened to the area. I'm just saying it's been shown. Lol

Making Gentle a spy is messy because hes an X owned character. You risk setting him up to be the next Bishop post Messiah Complex.

Totally fine with it as long as they're going to be useing the character in the BP franchise.

V-gene helps diversify and expand the BP brand for easy spin-offs.

It also gives Wakanda more than just advanced tech

And finally it adds the BPs arsenal of Wakandan warriors/soldiers without need or requirement for bringing in super-powered non-Wakandans like Manifold to "help and assist" Wakanda....although I must say that I actually like Shuri pairing up with Manifold. It would be nice to get more of a shared plot between Wakanda and Manifolds' people which can be a sub-plot centred on Shuri.

Oh....and we need actual Shadow physics feats which do NOT need outside characters for it to work.
    For me personally I like that Wakanda is powerful Because it's a warrior nation and the most advanced nation on earth. They don't need super humans really. That's why the mantle of BP is so much more special. Vibraxas is fine as a unique superhuman. And Wakanda doesn't need those people to show up. That's just Coates bullshit that is bringing in all this help. Other writer's didn't do that. All Wakanda needs is advanced tech, and mystics with vibraxas as the one except as a superhuman. I mean we don't even have a fully fleshed out exploration of said technology, let's gets that going first then expand from there

Also Shuri and manifold relationship is shit. Straight up. T'Challa didn't even interact or know manifold and then all of a sudden he is in there and is the key to saving Wakanda abd is dating Shuri?? Over the last 4 year's dude has gotten literally zero development and has barely had any speaking lines.. like he is basically a warm body taxi

For me personally I like that Wakanda is powerful Because it's a warrior nation and the most advanced nation on earth. They don't need super humans really. That's why the mantle of BP is so much more special. Vibraxas is fine as a unique superhuman. And Wakanda doesn't need those people to show up. That's just Coates bullshit that is bringing in all this help. Other writer's didn't do that. All Wakanda needs is advanced tech, and mystics with vibraxas as the one except as a superhuman. I mean we don't even have a fully fleshed out exploration of said technology, let's gets that going first then expand from there

Also Shuri and manifold relationship is shit. Straight up. T'Challa didn't even interact or know manifold and then all of a sudden he is in there and is the key to saving Wakanda abd is dating Shuri?? Over the last 4 year's dude has gotten literally zero development and has barely had any speaking lines.. like he is basically a warm body taxi
    We dont got to worry about Eden anymore. X-verse has reclaimed him. Got rid of his dreads and everything. Hes going to be in the new SWORD book.

We dont got to worry about Eden anymore. X-verse has reclaimed him. Got rid of his dreads and everything. Hes going to be in the new SWORD book.
    Well now that Eden is out of the picture, who do you guys think would make a suitable love interest for Shuri?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"