Page 679 of 750 FirstFirst ... 179579629669675676677678679680681682683689729 ... LastLast
Results 10,171 to 10,185 of 11243
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    A new character. Muti is a mutant and I think those should always be kept at an arms distance even if they're under the control of the BP office. The Wakandan royal family shouldn't have an X-gene. Vibraxas had something there with QDJ and I'd rather they stay together. Kasper is a foreigner and since I think T'Challa should marry a non-Wakandan from the African diaspora, I think Shuri needs a Wakandan love interest. Otherwise both the king and princess of Wakanda will be with foreigners and I don't like that very much. T'Challa should be the only person in the royal family willing to make that jump.

The most interesting option is a younger brother of M'Baku. That's a built in Romeo and Juliet romance as the Jabari have always had tension with mainstream Wakanda. The drama and subterfuge would be interesting enough to explore across a Shuri book and even the main BP title, because of the implications. The guy can be someone who contrasts Shuri's forward thinking, tech-savvy worldview. Maybe he's a mystic or alchemist of some sort. But at the same time, he rejects the ways of a pure warrior in contrast to his brothers. It also facilitates incorporating M'Baku into the supporting cast as a frenemy.
    I'm not sure if it is still canon, but Ramonda was South African. Shuri is part South African.

T'Chaka was the first to have a thing for foreign romance. The kids take after their poppa.

I'm admittedly out of date with current lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I'm not sure if it is still canon, but Ramonda was South African. Shuri is part South African.

T'Chaka was the first to have a thing for foreign romance. The kids take after their poppa.

I'm admittedly out of date with current lore.
    It is still canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Happiness is a great BP solo!

Okay Redjack, we've got you on:

Green Lantern: John Stewart
    KIB: Black Panther
    Vixen Team-Up

Is there anything else currently coming out that we need to be on the look out for?
    FUTURE STATE

MARVEL HEADS definitely want to get this one.>>>>Planet of Symbiotes #2

MENAGERIE: DECLASSIFIED

and later three indie comics on my own label.

remember i posted this>>>

Last edited by Redjack; 12-09-2020 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Reminds me of a video on youtube where the guy talks about a black character that was like the hulk, but had so many racial stereotypes attached to him I'm surprised it was greenlit.
    He must be talking about this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post

Oh Mark Millar. Why are you so... you?

Mighty Member

All I said is that the area has been shown recently. I'm not saying dinosaurs are not there. Your original post asked what happened to the area. I'm just saying it's been shown. Lol

Making Gentle a spy is messy because hes an X owned character. You risk setting him up to be the next Bishop post Messiah Complex.
    Again, what's with the simping towards X-Men?

The X-Men have used, abused and forced their stories on BP mythos repeatedly with a very HARD "so the effin what"-type of attitude to benefit them while ridiculing BP in the process ....but u are here being all oh ooh "he's an X-owned character"....Why?

If they are going to play around with what's ours anyhowly then quid-pro-quo we do the exact same thing.

For effs sake we have the wealthiest superhero in existence and a king of the most advanced nation in the M who made a movie that performed ABOVE AND BEYOND any X-Men movie that spawned a global cultural movement with a actor who passed but was heartfelt by the entire world....above and beyond even Hugh Jackman being wolverine...so why....the eff....are we BP fans....still being simpy towards the X-Men?!?!!!!!!!!?!?!?!!!!!!

What has become of we Wakandans (BP fans)??

Frankly I place the blame on the editor Will Moss who keeps allowing this to happen ...frankly it been long overdue for a new editor to take over... it's almost as if he worships the X-Men at this point.

The way I see it is.....if some outside franchise is going to impose a story/ character into BP mythos then the present/current writer of BP should have the right to use that imposed story/character in whatever way or manner of their choosing except with some mutual cordiality is achieved to the benefit of both franchises.

So X-Men writers created and imposed negatives against the BP mythos, let's flip it on them to the benefit of BP.....AND also forcibly impose BP stories/characters on the Xmen the same way they have been doing to BP mythos for decades.

Also, I think it's best to just ignore the empire concept.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    FUTURE STATE

MARVEL HEADS definitely want to get this one.>>>>Planet of Symbiotes #2

MENAGERIE: DECLASSIFIED

and later three indie comics on my own label.

remember i posted this>>>

Many great thanx for the update sir....we will keep our eyes peeled.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post

The X-Men have used, abused and forced their stories on BP mythos repeatedly with a very HARD "so the effin what"-type of attitude to benefit them while ridiculing BP in the process ....but u are here being all oh ooh "he's an X-owned character"....Why?

If they are going to play around with what's ours anyhowly then quid-pro-quo we do the exact same thing.

For effs sake we have the wealthiest superhero in existence and a king of the most advanced nation in the M who made a movie that performed ABOVE AND BEYOND any X-Men movie that spawned a global cultural movement with a actor who passed but was heartfelt by the entire world....above and beyond even Hugh Jackman being wolverine...so why....the eff....are we BP fans....still being simpy towards the X-Men?!?!!!!!!!!?!?!?!!!!!!

Frankly I place the blame on the editor Will Moss who keeps allowing this to happen ...frankly it been long overdue for a new editor to take over... it's almost as if he worships the X-Men at this point.

The way I see it is.....if some outside franchise is going to impose a story/ character into BP mythos then the present/current writer of BP should have the right to use that imposed story/character in whatever way or manner of their choosing except with some mutual cordiality is achieved to the benefit of both franchises.

So X-Men writers created and imposed negatives against the BP mythos, let's flip it on them to the benefit of BP.....AND also forcibly impose BP stories/characters on the Xmen the same way they have been doing to BP mythos for decades.
    I'm perfectly fine with the X-Men and Black Panther franchises staying out of each other's lanes. It's clear that no good will ever come of crossing these particular streams. Erase Gentle from existence if it makes you happy or just ignore him. It isn't like he's such a major character that he will have any impact on either the X-Men or Black Panther. Black Panther should work on building itself up not engaging in petty swipes with the X-Men and vice versa.

We can't change characters without the Xoffice sign off. Lol. The writers have to ask if the character is available to use and even if something is changed, they just ignore it or twist it so why bother associating with them? Just read the Storm thread over the past year especially the Xmen Gold run and you'll get an idea. Get Gentle out and never seen in WK again.

What you call simping, I call not wanting to be assassinated with them.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Not the one the Midnight Angels killed lol. I'd prefer a new brother but that's just me wanting to keep things in-house. Shuri ending up with Eli Bradley or Tom Foster isn't a bad idea at all. There's just always going to be lingering concerns about them getting ripped away from the BP mythos.

And I agree, M'Baku should be revived and brought back as his MCU incarnation. We already know that despite his dislike of T'Challa, he wasn't a complete barbarian and that he respected the king. Hell he even got invited to T'Challa's wedding lol. Ressurect him, have him say his time in Jabari heaven changed his perspective, and make him T'Challa's frenemy. Simple.

You know I've been stanning Monica Lynne for a while now lol. But Malaika and Zanda should be in rotation, no reason there's gotta be a permanent LI, just a primary one. I always felt that Zenzi was with Tetu on the low but that's just speculation lol.
    Yeah. I honestly just want an actual L.I that's not Storm. People need to let the man move on and get on with his life. Let him have his queen who isn't going to jump ship when isht gets real.

M'Baku, yeah at this point he isn't really a much used villain and it would be nice to see their friendship now after decade's of it being mentioned.

And Zenzi at this point is a lost cause, but initially before shen was ruined by Coates there was potential

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Also, I think it's best to just ignore the empire concept.
    Agree to disagree on that buddy....it's to great a concept to just throw into the trash. A concept that was born from right here amongst us Wakandans.

It can easily be retooled into a Hickman-esque type plotting style using the method I described earlier which also simultaneously changes the origin of the empire while creating new plots.

After all the rampant L's that Wakanda has taken repeatedly over the last 10yrs.....it's no longer the "unconquerable" warrior kingdom it was said to be.....at the moment it's close to being the one of the worst rear end jokes in Marvel.

So Wakanda needs to re-establish itself as MORE POWERFUL than before.....going beyond just earth or just 1 Galaxy but inter galactic that would garner the recognition of true political strength universe-wide.

And it would an unwaveringly testament and validity to the grandiose warrior spirit and gaddamn hyper-innovative formidable power of not just Wakanda.....but of TCHALLA himself making would make the IEW/empire literally be a feat for Tchalla rearly achieved by anyone in fiction.

With such socio-political, geographical, transgalactic clout, technology and firepower even cosmic beings and cosmic characters will have meetings with BP more regularly.

It would also make BP more unique amongst superheroes in general. No more comparisons to other Kings like Aquaman and Namor etc or even Black Bolt, Gladiator and so on.

Man, just think about it....some insane thing like BP weaponizing a vacated solar system to use against a cosmic antagonist like the 1MYM or an army of Beyonders.

Having a massive collection of Dyson spheres, quasars, black holes, white holes, super Nova's, etc at his finger tips?

A collection of multiple hundreds of alien races all bowing to and adoring BP/Tchalla as their leader/King.

BP/Tchalla being CONSULTED by Cosmic beings...heck...some may even become refugees IEW.

Tchalla would have a massive army of STAR BRANDS for each planet in the IEW as part of his defence force.

Why not also have a "tribe" of sentient planets as well as part of the EMPIRE.

With this level of expansion, BP can truly become a formidable franchise capable of making and carrying multiple spin-offs enough to rival X-Men to the core......the spin offs can come later after the proper foundations of the BP and the IEW story is firmly established.

All this greatness is at our grasp for BP....truly the IEW concept can NOT be dismissed or thrown out so hastily.

I see no other concept for BP that is as good or better than the IEW.... We just need a writer/s (AND EDITOR) with the right mindset to give this concept the Priest/Hickman-esque treatment it requires to elevate BP to a level that can tip over all other franchises in Marvel including the X-Men.

Yeah... Ugh that guy.. like. He is a genius who taught banner and when he hulks out he becomes a crime lord gangster and is this super violent black man? Then in the end he is a snitch too? I'm actually glad I never exposed myself to the ultimate universe, seems like they had some real stupid isht pop up there

No one here is simping on x office. We want to distance and remove x office association from the BP franchise. Gentle is a lost cause. Everything about his backstory is wack AF. Even if you were to change it and have him be some sort for Wakanda or something all it takes is one x writer to use a telepath and "reveal" to him it's all a lie, and they implanted memories into his head so that he could be a spy for Wakanda or some stupid isht like that. When the character you are using is not controlled by the franchise any change can be ignored on a whim. Again see what happened with Storm.

Getting out of this petty pissing contests and focusing on building the BP brand will be better for the franchise as a whole and just keeping any thing x related out. Honestly i would like in T'Challas next Solo for him to get a L.I and then tell Storm off, that they had their time, it's over now, he's moved on, and to not contact him anymore. Nail in the coffin on BPs terms.

Agree to disagree on that buddy....it's to great a concept to just throw into the trash. A concept that was born from right here amongst us Wakandans.

It can easily be retooled into a Hickman-esque type plotting style using the method I described earlier which also simultaneously changes the origin of the empire while creating new plots.

After all the rampant L's that Wakanda has taken repeatedly over the last 10yrs.....it's no longer the "unconquerable" warrior kingdom it was said to be.....at the moment it's close to being the one of the worst rear end jokes in Marvel.

So Wakanda needs to re-establish itself as MORE POWERFUL than before.....going beyond just earth or just 1 Galaxy but inter galactic that would garner the recognition of true political strength universe-wide.

And it would an unwaveringly testament and validity to the grandiose warrior spirit and gaddamn hyper-innovative formidable power of not just Wakanda.....but of TCHALLA himself making would make the IEW/empire literally be a feat for Tchalla rearly achieved by anyone in fiction.

With such socio-political, geographical, transgalactic clout, technology and firepower even cosmic beings and cosmic characters will have meetings with BP more regularly.

It would also make BP more unique amongst superheroes in general. No more comparisons to other Kings like Aquaman and Namor etc or even Black Bolt, Gladiator and so on.

Man, just think about it....some insane thing like BP weaponizing a vacated solar system to use against a cosmic antagonist like the 1MYM or an army of Beyonders.

Having a massive collection of Dyson spheres, quasars, black holes, white holes, super Nova's, etc at his finger tips?

A collection of multiple hundreds of alien races all bowing to and adoring BP/Tchalla as their leader/King.

BP/Tchalla being CONSULTED by Cosmic beings...heck...some may even become refugees IEW.

Tchalla would have a massive army of STAR BRANDS for each planet in the IEW as part of his defence force.

Why not also have a "tribe" of sentient planets as well as part of the EMPIRE.

With this level of expansion, BP can truly become a formidable franchise capable of making and carrying multiple spin-offs enough to rival X-Men to the core......the spin offs can come later after the proper foundations of the BP and the IEW story is firmly established.

All this greatness is at our grasp for BP....truly the IEW concept can NOT be dismissed or thrown out so hastily.

I see no other concept for BP that is as good or better than the IEW.... We just need a writer/s (AND EDITOR) with the right mindset to give this concept the Priest/Hickman-esque treatment it requires to elevate BP to a level that can tip over all other franchises in Marvel including the X-Men.
    The only purpose empires serve in fiction or at least superhero fiction is as antagonists to be defeated. This would essentially make Wakanda the Shi'ar or Kree Empires and look what happened to them.

You could get a good story out of it but it will most likely end with a screed about how this was a bad thing from the word go.