Page 686 of 750 FirstFirst ... 186586636676682683684685686687688689690696736 ... LastLast
Results 10,276 to 10,290 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Blade. He’s getting a movie no? Blade’s cool, I like him, so I’ll support him getting a push. He’s not a legacy or sidekick either and his niche as a monster Hunter is entirely his own. But it’s not the same as what BP brought.

Jesus I hope you’re wrong, I don’t want them to sideline T’Challa in the comics too.
    Blades cool.

His mom is still a whore though.

T'challa was different. None of that stereotypical BS was present. Not a thug, mom isn't a whore, not a sidekick. 100% his own man. THE most dangerous man.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I can't believe the MCU pushed my BP fandom to new heights and now just destroyed it.

Without T'challa, Wakanda and such mean nothing to me at all.

I think I might delete my blog tomorrow.

Chadwick took T'challa and elevated him to new, unforeseen heights but his decision to hide his illness and his death coming out of nowhere just eliminated the character.

The only black male with any of his own agency is gone just like that. Not a sidekick. Not a thug. Not a legacy.
    Yeah like, people need to think for a minute. T'Challa is the GOAT poc hero of all time, his movie was bigger then any Batman superman Spiderman, etc etc. His movie is 1 of only 4 movie's to hit 700 mill domestic, his movie was a cultural movement. And just like that Marvel shelves the character. I don't blame Chadwick, I admire his strength 1000% but I truly doubt this is what he would want to happen to the character. He wouldn't want T'Challas story to end like this. I think Disney is going to learn quickly just how much T'Challa was the driving force behind the movies success and future. And really it just makes me sick ad sad just how the biggest poc hero is so easily sidelined

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Everyone's gotten a trilogy. I just think T'Challa's could have been the most impactful
    Hulk and original black widow did not however.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well I’ll still check out the other MCU films. But on the Black Panther side of things I’m checking out now that T’Challa is gone for good.
    Yep me too.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Hulk and original black widow did not however.
    Hulk doesn't count

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah like, people need to think for a minute. T'Challa is the GOAT poc hero of all time, his movie was bigger then any Batman superman Spiderman, etc etc. His movie is 1 of only 4 movie's to hit 700 mill domestic, his movie was a cultural movement. And just like that Marvel shelves the character. I don't blame Chadwick, I admire his strength 1000% but I truly doubt this is what he would want to happen to the character. He wouldn't want T'Challas story to end like this. I think Disney is going to learn quickly just how much T'Challa was the driving force behind the movies success and future. And really it just makes me sick ad sad just how the biggest poc hero is so easily sidelined
    This is what happens when people blur the lines between an actor and the character they play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The film might still do well but I don't think it will do as well as the first one in my opinion.

Honestly, this is like having a James Bond movie without James Bond himself and just primarily focusing on the lore of MI6 as a whole. Just doesn't sound right.

Incredible Member

Fans saying they're out good.
    Y'all complained too damn much anyway..

I'm exciting and hopefully the twist is Nakia becomes the New BP.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Blades cool.

His mom is still a whore though.

T'challa was different. None of that stereotypical BS was present. Not a thug, mom isn't a whore, not a sidekick. 100% his own man. THE most dangerous man.
    better hope the Blade Appreciation Thread doesn’t catch you alone in a dark alley one night. But yeah T’Challa being a prince turned king of technological utopia, raised by a loving father and stepmother, and touching on everything from racism to greed to spirituality to duty made him a breed apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post

You are free to be excited about anything bud.

Astonishing Member

In lighter news, Black Panther definitely seems to have kickstarted a new movement in afrofuturism and afrofantasy, which we've touched on in this thread before. Children of Blood and Bone D+ series has massive potential if it gets a Mandalorian style budget. And Iwaju could make waves as well in the realm of sci-fi. Disney clearly got the message that audiences can accept and will support African culture in a fantastical, headlining light and even if the BP franchise doesn't go in the direction I want, I'm insanely happy more projects like it are getting greenlit.

Good for you guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    The film might still do well but I don't think it will do as well as the first one in my opinion.

Honestly, this is like having a James Bond movie without James Bond himself and just primarily focusing on the lore of MI6 as a whole. Just doesn't sound right.
    Yes the movie will be successful by marvel movie standards. But I don't think it's going to be as ground breaking ad the first. Not even close. I like the supporting cast but only as support to prop up T'Challa. This whole "No one can play T'Challa like Chadwick therefore we must retire the character" is bullshit. The recast wouldn't be to replace Chadwick. No one can. But to continue his.. legacy? Give T'Challas 50 frakking year long wait to the big screen to be more then barely two hours of actual on screen time between 4 f*cking movie's?

I mean Isht man if the biggest hero gets tossed away like that then others don't stand a chance. T'Chadwick set the foundation, see the house to it's completion and give these kids and is fans who have waited our whole lives to see a Black hero like this, no thug, no drugs, no prostitute Mom or abusive drunk dad, a powerful Black King who's nation wasn't some african stereotype and men and women are equally respected.

A good man with a good heart. And just like that it's gone done. At this point I just don't care about Wakanda. It means nothing without T'Challa Because he was the change

Extraordinary Member

I still watching of course.

Especially to see how they’re gonna do this. I also wonder how this affects Lupita’s role?

Fans in a T'challa thread mad that T'challa has been written out

shocking stuff? but aren't you oh so edgy

go make a wakanda apppreciation thread nad see how dead the damn thing would be.

Oh yes, nakia, the character they didn't even bother to put in IW and EG. I guess that is better than an anti vax fool being the main character
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html