Page 688 of 750 FirstFirst ... 188588638678684685686687688689690691692698738 ... LastLast
Results 10,306 to 10,320 of 11243
    Astonishing Member

I disappointed but not surprised and I gotta say I’m not interested in a sequel to Black Panther without King T’Challa. The movie may be good without him, I dunno, but I strongly feel T’Challa’s story has to continue and while understand Chadwick’s passing is tragic I do feel the character should be continued with another actor to honor Chadwick’s legacy.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

This just means we get less Black Panther overall. I expected a Wakanda Disney+ show or a Shuri spin off eventually on top of the T’challa trilogy. Now it seems like the T’challa trilogy is turning into the spin off.

Disappointed, but from every leak and rumor that’s been going around I already expected this so it’s not hitting me that hard. Just hope we get a good story out of this.

All-New Member

Just seen the news and while I thought it might be the case, it didn't stop me being mad at the decision.

We've had two Jokers since Ledger (and he was supposed to be in Dark Knight Rises), but of course people want Shuri to be BP so much this would've been disrespectful to do similar here.

While I loved Boseman and it's truly tragic, I've been making the case on other corners of the Web on why he should be recast.
    Now it just feels T'Challa and his fans have been used to get some hype for this corner of the world and now happy to make it what others want, forgetting any true fan wishes.

My only hope is he's temporarily written out for BP2, while its fresh, so can be recast for a third and future cameos, but know that's unlikely.

Sadly, I know I want to support the franchise, but I will not be going to see a non T'Challa BP movie. If I still have Disney+ by the time it hits there I'll watch it there.

The Grandmaster: "Eventually you plan to have Black Panther in your Black Panther movie right."

Get Hectic!

So No re-cast of T'Challa for Black Panther 2.

Ultimate Member

The whole “no other actor can play so and so character” never rubbed me the right way. It’s a sentiment I’ve seen online that just strikes me as a) unnecessary or b) mischievous because some people don’t want to see the character again and worse still could be pushing some agenda or something.

We’ve seen multiple James Bonds, Batmans , Jokers, Supermans , Spider-mans and the list goes on. Even the Spartacus tv series re-cast when the main character when the actor died. Why is it different here. Killing off a fictional character because of a real life tragedy sounds like a good idea on paper but is a long term problem. Disney is denying the opportunity of many other actors at playing one of the more iconic black superheroes AND is also denying young kids the chance to see the character again on the big screen.

I personally don’t have much interest in a Black Panther movie that doesn’t feature T’Challa. The story that’s been introduced from Civil War into the Black Panther movie is very much T’Challa’s story and shifting the focus onto other characters doesn’t work for me at all.
    Last edited by Username taken; 12-10-2020 at 10:24 PM.

Marvel is trash. Coogler's Tchalla was trash. The Movie franchise is dead to me.
    Thus us why i complained so much about this Coatsesk portrayal.

They. Dont. Care. About. This. Franchise.
    They just want black money

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Marvel is trash. Coogler's Tchalla was trash. The Movie franchise is dead to me.
    Thus us why i complained so much about this Coatsesk portrayal.

They. Dont. Care. About. This. Franchise.
    They just want black money
    Hard, HARD disagree. Coogler has been writing black men stories his whole career and put his heart and soul into that movie. You could clearly see the passion for he character and the respect for black and African culture in nearly every creative decision. Afrofuturism, diversity of African cultures, even the music.

I just can't see where you are coming from on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Hard, HARD disagree. Coogler has been writing black men stories his whole career and put his heart and soul into that movie. You could clearly see the passion for he character and the respect for black and African culture in nearly every creative decision. Afrofuturism, diversity of African cultures, even the music.

Im coming from the fact that he made a good movie and failed to properly present Tchalls soooo much....that ppl are happy he isnt the lead in his own franchise anymone.

And now here we are....a dead Tchalla w no legacy in Wakanda because even that was given to his 16 year old sister
    Last edited by Ekie; 12-10-2020 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post

Why bother crafting and placing all those elements together just to make the decision to remove the very heart of all of it, T'challa...? T'challa is the Black Panther, and he has been from the inception of the hero. So now the character that made such an impact on so many and that I'm sure would've been central to MCU upcoming is just not going to be included...? If Coogler couldn't bring himself to make BP 2 with new T'Challa then I would have no problem with a new director coming on to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Barely talked to Cap, didn't talk to Stark, no interactions with Reed, Doom, Namor, Strange. No fights with Wolverine. Never gazes at Storm.

no fights with Achebe, never saw Wakanda open up and change the world.

He never even joined the Avengers.

His time in the MCU was to spend 10 minutes chasing Bucky, one epic movie which was basically the origin of true King T'challa, and then being used as a prop for two Avengers movies for a total of 8 minutes.

He 100% had no affect ont he larger MCU. None. Spider-Man is more connected to it as a local NY teenagers.
    Maybe that's a blessing in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Fans saying they're out good.
    Y'all complained too damn much anyway..

I'm exciting and hopefully the twist is Nakia becomes the New BP.
    Well some of us just aren't cool with sloppy seconds! Hey, eat up and enjoy though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The whole “no other actor can play so and so character” never rubbed me the right way. It’s a sentiment I’ve seen online that just strikes me as a) unnecessary or b) mischievous because some people don’t want to see the character again and worse still could be pushing some agenda or something.

We’ve seen multiple James Bonds, Batmans , Jokers, Supermans , Spider-mans and the list goes on. Even the Spartacus tv series re-cast when the main character when the actor died. Why is it different here. Killing off a fictional character because of a real life tragedy sounds like a good idea on paper but is a long term problem. Disney is denying the opportunity of many other actors at playing one of the more iconic black superheroes AND is also denying young kids the chance to see the character again on the big screen.

I personally don’t have much interest in a Black Panther movie that doesn’t feature T’Challa. The story that’s been introduced from Civil War into the Black Panther movie is very much T’Challa’s story and shifting the focus onto other characters doesn’t work for me at all.
    Yeah, this is PFU.

Over a dozen actors have played Doctor Who. More than one actor has played a particular incarnation.

They could have recast via Bast shenanigans, or the multiverse.

They recast James Rhodes, and Bruce Banner with zero fanfare.

Following MCU Wakanda is no longer a priority, sadly.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 12-11-2020 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Why bother crafting and placing all those elements together just to make the decision to remove the very heart of all of it, T'challa...? T'challa is the Black Panther, and he has been from the inception of the hero. So now the character that made such an impact on so many and that I'm sure would've been central to MCU upcoming is just not going to be included...? If Coogler couldn't bring himself to make BP 2 with new T'Challa then I would have no problem with a new director coming on to do it.
    How do we even know it was his call or not?

Besides, no one couldve predicted what happened. If there's anyone to be upset at in this case it would be Chadwick himself for keeping this news under wraps to the crew. Only he and his family know what kind of timeline he was working with.

That said, he had no obligation to do that anyway. These are just movies. Do you really feel like if Brie Larson were to die in a car crash next week they'd continue on with Captain Marvel and recast? They'd probably just give the role to monica.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Im coming from the fact that he made a good movie and failed to properly present Tchalls soooo much....that ppl are happy he isnt the lead in his own franchise anymone.

And now here we are....a dead Tchalla w no legacy in Wakanda because even that was given to his 16 year old sister
    I never agreed with that sentiment. I thought he was absolutely fantastic in his film as an adaptation and a character in his own right.

That being said, it's a tough situation. The MCUs casting decisions have been a lot more than placeholders, they've arguably defined what stories get told and how. Say what you will but if you ask me there is no MCU Tony without RDJ, no MCU Steve without Cap, etc. Same goes for TChalla. His portrayal largely defind the character in these movies and sure, they could find another black man to play him, but it just wouldn't be the same. Not to me.

Itd either be another guy doing a chad impersonation or a completely different take all together which is even worse.