Page 690 of 750 FirstFirst ... 190590640680686687688689690691692693694700740 ... LastLast
Results 10,336 to 10,350 of 11243

Why even call it Black Panther 2 at this point?

Mighty Member

https://images.app.goo.gl/bTPrY9x2xP2GyE3DA
    T'challa fans are the Charlie Browns of comic book world. Thanks an awful f@#$ing lot Marvel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MouserGrey; 12-11-2020 at 05:47 AM.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

What exactly did t'challa accomplish in the MCU?

Died twice with a third time coming up soon without delay and barely any rewrites it seems since were still filming next year.
    Wakandan technological advancement? Nope his much smarter baby sister did it .

Revenge for his dead father? Nope Zemo will be out and about again soon.

Opening wakanda to the world? Lol good now let the destruction flow into wakanda without his even being around to defend the nation from his actions! But dont worry, Shuri, Mbaku, A reformed MbJordan (cause Coogler), and A few new random character tossed in....will defend Wakanda thanks to dead Tchallas choices.

Whats so great about this now moot MCU Tchalla?

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Why even call it Black Panther 2 at this point?
    Might as well call it wakandan side missions

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    How is a different take worse? There's so many different takes of bond, Batman, joker, Spiderman, Superman etc. Why is it all of a sudden so unreasonable for the biggest Black hero of all time to have his story continue to be told? Black people have been saying they want to be treated the same as white people, but it's always different, it's a special case. Here, T'Challa Chadwick was too important so goodbye T'Challa? Nah man Chadwick did something special and to let his work fall to the side is disrespectful.

Really they should of just held off on the sequel a together and waited a few more years. T'Challa, not Wakanda, not Shuri, or Okoye or M'Baku, but T'CHALLA, it's the draw. A character that has been around for 50+ years, a character created to fight racial stereotypes surrounding Black folks, who's name came before the black panther party, cannot be treated with the same respect as his fellow white heroes???
    I was always against race-bending characters but after this debacle of killing off T'Challa (lol I seriously can't believe this is actually happening) I have no care nor qualms if Hollywood race-bends characters anymore. This is exactly why people champion the idea of a black Bond but when we have our own they deep 6 him for what? I'm mega pissed right now. Oh and I guarantee Black Panther 2 ain't touching anywhere close to a $Billion. It will be lucky to do $700Million or the covid-equivalent.

Hey, the plus side is that we can all go back to being fans of a D list character and not have to worry about any new fans!

We can be our own little cult.

"remember back in 2018 when T'challa took the world by storm. That was something"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Might as well call it wakandan side missions
    Naw

The same people who have always championed "Wakanda is more than T'challa" know damn well the mythos can't survive without that Black Panther name.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Naw

The same people who have always championed "Wakanda is more than T'challa" know damn well the mythos can't survive without that Black Panther name.
    And they might learn this lesson the hard way if/when Black Panther 2 doesn’t crack a billion.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    And they might learn this lesson the hard way if/when Black Panther 2 doesn’t crack a billion.
    I learned the hard way that being a "T'challa only" fan didn't quite work out how I hoped lol

Ride or Die isn't so cool when the Die part happens

Man, when the God Butcher kills Thor, I am going to be in some shit with the MCU lol

Astonishing Member

I’ve seen others in this thread use The Heath Ledger/Joker situation as an example of recasting an actor a role after a tragedy... and while I understand the basis for the comparison, its actually quite different from the T’Challa situation for a number of reasons. First of all, The Joker was never recast in the Nolan Batman movies. As others have pointed out Nolan didn’t bring back or even mention the Joker by name out of respect to Heath in Dark Knight Rises. Marvel’s decision on Chadwick is actually quite similar to how Nolan ultimately choose to handle the situation with Heath. The difference being that since Chadwick’s character was the lead in the franchise, the sequel will have to address his character’s fate in someway.

And while it’s true the Joker has been recast since Heath played him, it was never for the same version that Heath played. Every actor who’s been cast as the Joker after Heath were cast as totally different versions for completely different continuities than the Joker Heath played. While the Joker character overall has been recast, that specific iteration played by Heath in the Nolan-verse has never been recast and never will be recast. This will be the same for T’Challa. The MCU version of T’Challa that we first met in the Civil War isn’t being recast, but if the MCU were to reboot 20 years from now with a new version of T’Challa then they would certainly recast.

Not to mention, audiences were already used to the idea of Joker getting recast since Both Cesar Romero and Jack Nicholson both played the roles in live-action before Heath did. That isn’t really the case with Chadwick who’s literally the first person to play the role in live-action. His performance is seen by Marvel as too iconic to recast, and Marvel likely felt it’d be too soon to try and replace an actor who left such an indelible mark on the character. We will see King T’Challa again...in a reboot many years for now but this specific iteration is done. This version of the character will die with the actor who played him and I have to respect Marvel’s decision even if I strongly disagree.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 12-11-2020 at 07:01 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    No, they'll use it as an excuse to rest Wakanda entirely. Then it'll go right back to mentions like it did pre-Boseman casting.

Incredible Member

I ain't trying to wait 20 years to see T'Challa on the big screen again. It was bad enough having to wait until 2022. I suppose crap like this is one of the drawbacks of a shared cinematic universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    No, they'll use it as an excuse to rest Wakanda entirely. Then it'll go right back to mentions like it did pre-Boseman casting.
    I’m still holding on to hope that they’re just not recasting specifically for this movie since it’s still too soon after Chadwick’s death. Hopefully after this movie is done they’ll wait a little while and then recast T’Challa for a possible third film.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Oh well.

In the end, it is 2 hours of entertainment a few years in the future.

Now we don't have to have debates about AAA video games or new cartoons or TV shows and what not. Don't have to worry about T'challa mixing in with Carol and Strange and worrying about how he "fits" in there.

That dream is 100% dead. IMagine all the free time!

Just go back to being D list character comic fans. Life is simpler that way.

Hell, now that T'challa isn't a hot property, maybe Marvel won't worry about putting a huge name on his next solo book and will just cast some regular Joe comic writer instead! until he gets eventually killed off anyway. the mcu plot armor is gone. but alas

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    I ain't trying to wait 20 years to see T'Challa on the big screen again. It was bad enough having to wait until 2022. I suppose crap like this is one of the drawbacks of a shared cinematic universe.
    In the last movie-there was lots of time travel.

Whose to say a T'Challa version from Miles's universe didn't cross over by accident?

Even Disney has to know in this climate that was not going to happen.

The shot to make a profit is still there with a lower budget.

Don't be shocked if we see way too many CAMEOS......

Since we have Fantastic Four confirmed-Shuri and Wakanda help fund that space ship for Reed.

A Wakandan Delegation is seen heading off to meet some Inhuman folks.

Peter & Ms Marvel's schools are shown getting Wakandan stuff.