Page 691 of 750 FirstFirst ... 191591641681687688689690691692693694695701741 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,365 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’m still holding on to hope that they’re just not recasting specifically for this movie since it’s still too soon after Chadwick’s death. Hopefully after this movie is done they’ll wait a little while and then recast T’Challa for a possible third film.
    I mean they did do that with spartacus, the second season went into the past. I dunno I don't really care about the MCU at all at the moment, maybe later on they will shed more light into what they plan to do with the franchise

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Oh well.

In the end, it is 2 hours of entertainment a few years in the future.

Now we don't have to have debates about AAA video games or new cartoons or TV shows and what not. Don't have to worry about T'challa mixing in with Carol and Strange and worrying about how he "fits" in there.

That dream is 100% dead. IMagine all the free time!

Just go back to being D list character comic fans. Life is simpler that way.

Hell, now that T'challa isn't a hot property, maybe Marvel won't worry about putting a huge name on his next solo book and will just cast some regular Joe comic writer instead! until he gets eventually killed off anyway. the mcu plot armor is gone. but alas
    Somewhere Vita is warming their hands and working on a pitch

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Somewhere Vita is warming their hands and working on a pitch
    Gonna wait until the plot leaks out, then we will get "Women of Wakanda"

Hey, good news though, this kills any chance of Storm/T'challa being a thing lol. Storm fans should be punching air too.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I’ve seen others in this thread use The Heath Ledger/Joker situation as an example of recasting an actor a role after a tragedy... and while I understand the basis for the comparison, its actually quite different from the T’Challa situation for a number of reasons. First of all, The Joker was never recast in the Nolan Batman movies. As others have pointed out Nolan didn’t bring back or even mention the Joker by name out of respect to Heath in Dark Knight Rises. Marvel’s decision on Chadwick is actually quite similar to how Nolan ultimately choose to handle the situation with Heath. The difference being that since Chadwick’s character was the lead in the franchise, the sequel will have to address his character’s fate in someway.

And while it’s true the Joker has been recast since Heath played him, it was never for the same version that Heath played. Every actor who’s been cast as the Joker after Heath were cast as totally different versions for completely different continuities than the Joker Heath played. While the Joker character overall has been recast, that specific iteration played by Heath in the Nolan-verse has never been recast and never will be recast. This will be the same for T’Challa. The MCU version of T’Challa that we first met in the Civil War isn’t being recast, but if the MCU were to reboot 20 years from now with a new version of T’Challa then they would certainly recast.

Not to mention, audiences were already used to the idea of Joker getting recast since Both Cesar Romero and Jack Nicholson both played the roles in live-action before Heath did. That isn’t really the case with Chadwick who’s literally the first person to play the role in live-action. His performance is seen by Marvel as too iconic to recast, and Marvel likely felt it’d be too soon to try and replace an actor who left such an indelible mark on the character. We will see King T’Challa again...in a reboot many years for now but this specific iteration is done. This version of the character will die with the actor who played him and I have to respect Marvel’s decision even if I strongly disagree.
    It would have been hard for a recast actor to make the role his own, admittedly. Even with characters that aren't exactly the same iteration, it's still a challenge. Look at Andrew Garfield, Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Jared Leto and Tom Holland. To varying degrees all of them have been criticised for not being like the one before. Imagine that with an actor who probably wouldn't have had the star power to match Boseman's plus having to play his version of the character. It would have been a lot to deal with.

I'd been saying it for months too, But I'm more so disappointed at the fact that it could mean the end of T'Challa's on screen presence as far as we know. I knew a recast would have been way more difficult that people were acknowledging but I knew I would have been happy with it if a great choice in another actor was made and it was Coogler's decision.

It's tough all around. Almost no right answer either way. It's why I think there should have been a delay of sorts. I'm seeing lots of people not happy about this across many platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    It would have been hard for a recast actor to make the role his own, admittedly. Even with characters that aren't exactly the same iteration, it's still a challenge. Look at Andrew Garfield, Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Jared Leto and Tom Holland. To varying degrees all of them have been criticised for not being like the one before. Imagine that with an actor who probably wouldn't have had the star power to match Boseman's plus having to play his version of the character. It would have been a lot to deal with.

I'd been saying it for months too, But I'm more so disappointed at the fact that it could mean the end of T'Challa's on screen presence as far as we know. I knew a recast would have been way more difficult that people were acknowledging but I knew I would have been happy with it if a great choice in another actor was made and it was Coogler's decision.

It's tough all around. Almost no right answer either way. It's why I think there should have been a delay of sorts. I'm seeing lots of people not happy about this across many platforms.
    They could have pivoted BP 2 into "World of Wakanda" staring Lupita (or changed it to a streaming show) and then worried about the T'challa issue for BP 3 era. Basically punt the issue 3-7 years down the road.

Rushing this announcement just makes no real sense all around.

I mean... BPII doesn't seem really integrated into what is going on in the MCU this phase anyway. PUshing it back would allow marvel to "catch up" trying to fit movies in due to Covid.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I am vehemently against Feigie's decision, (fwiw Mahershala Ali is my big or go home play here for T'Challa).

Cats are understandably feeling a way right now, I would only add a couple points. 1- This is America. This is capitalistic corporate America. Money over bitches and by bitches I mean money over empathy and human sentiment. That's not me talking, that's how the money knows to talk. The MCU was a giant and after what happened with Coogler's film it became monolithic, it changed direction of the entire thing. I have no doubt the character will return. In the early 1970s Hollywood was struggling pre-Jaws and you know what they did, they went to the Black delegation to prop up that industry. Same thing happened to an upstart network called FOX, which begat the second wave Black movie content. I'm just sayin' after Covid things will be in shambles specifically the movie industry, they will look to us, they always do, to get people back out because there's piles of money to be made. I've always said, white dudes like Black Panther too, always have, this is not a title that is only Black supported. None of this is ideal but shelving this IP I don't and can't see happening.

The other thing, the ONLY other thing, that mirrors this unfortunate situation is Superman. Look, I'm 45 and while the character has never been my guy, I used to watch the George Reeve Superman from the 50's in syndication back in the 80s, dude was killed or suicide from however you believe it went down, tragic. Thing is we've been through 2 'can't see anybody else in the role' portrayals of the character and tragic deaths. Know what happened after, Henry Cavill did and imo he's the dopest on screen Kalel we've ever had. Yes 2/3 films are pretty terrible and your mileage may vary with MOS but dude is 1A to me and now Christopher Reeve RIP can be the reporter from Street Smart when I think on his work now.

We make the best of difficult situations and the reason they throw shade is because they are not us. That is fact, there is currency in identity and when you don't have that you make it hard for those that do, am I wrong? It's tough and shitty part is it's a waiting game... a way too fuckin' familiar waiting game for sure but honestly, it's came up roses for the character (outside of Coates and that's what fame will do) every, time. McGreggor begat Marvel Premier, Marvel Premier begat MCP, MCP begat Chris Priest, dig what I'm sayin'... It can again, I feel ya though.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

This is America. This is capitalistic corporate America. Money over bitches and by bitches I mean money over empathy and human sentiment. That's not me talking, that's how the money knows to talk.
    If this is true, this phase wouldn't be focusing around Dr. Strange... who made ONE THIRD the amount of Black Panther in the US.

It isn't all money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    What exactly did t'challa accomplish in the MCU?
    Defeated Killmonger, halted his plan to start a war between Wakanda and the rest of the world, removed Wakanda's isolationist country and stopped Zemo from escaping punishment for his crimes.

Wakandan technological advancement? Nope his much smarter baby sister did it .
    T'Challa has never been responsible for Wakanda being advanced in science and technology. At least not solely.

Revenge for his dead father? Nope Zemo will be out and about again soon.
    Zemo is now a wanted a criminal and the world knows he murdered T'Chaka. And Zemo's goal was to destroy the Avengers permanently and avoid going to jail by committing suicide. T'Challa stopped him from doing the latter and the former didn't happen given the Avengers reunited.

Opening wakanda to the world? Lol good now let the destruction flow into wakanda without his even being around to defend the nation from his actions!
    How was this his fault? Wakanda would have been vulnerable to the Snap regardless of if they were isolated or not.

And let's not pretend comic T'Challa has a perfect track record, even before Coates.

If this is true, this phase wouldn't be focusing around Dr. Strange... who made ONE THIRD the amount of Black Panther in the US.

It isn't all money.
    1,000. There is of course hierarchy within the money but receipt tally's are not the sole predication. If so Thanos would be an Avenger.

Same time the rough outline of the MCU going back further than any of us are likely privy too would involve Dr. Strange. He's a top ten (15 maybe at his lowest point), always has been and he's still the only magic man. And you wouldn't have to leave the continent to shoot exteriors. It's a direction, I mean we saw Cap fight himself, which is one of the corniest things I've ever seen in these movies. The legs are often wobbly on this MCU table. Strange is a door, Ant-Man was a smaller door, no pun intended, that they can use. Black Panther is a door too, a rich one even but the same time sort of insular nevertheless. T'Challa has not lead the Avengers on screen yet but the second he does it would have to be away from his home and on principle that's dope, not sure if I want that to be the final form.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Black Panther without Black Panther seems like a terrible idea

the Black Panther franchise is cursed lol.

Mighty Member

I can't believe the MCU pushed my BP fandom to new heights and now just destroyed it.

Without T'challa, Wakanda and such mean nothing to me at all.

I think I might delete my blog tomorrow.

Chadwick took T'challa and elevated him to new, unforeseen heights but his decision to hide his illness and his death coming out of nowhere just eliminated the character.

The only black male with any of his own agency is gone just like that. Not a sidekick. Not a thug. Not a legacy.
    Please do not delete the blog.

DONT DELETE THE BLOG!!!

For all we know, we may get another BP animated series or game and of course the comics are still coming. Brutha, we still need you and the blog.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I still have hope that the next person after Coates will do a run more to my liking. Marvel better leave T’Challa alone in the comics though, he better get to keep the role.
    Agreed!!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Marvel/Disney's What If will feature Chadwick Boseman's final Marvel performance:

https://www.cbr.com/what-if-trailer-...l-performance/

"What If T'Challa became Star Lord".
    Well, at least this is something to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    I ain't trying to wait 20 years to see T'Challa on the big screen again. It was bad enough having to wait until 2022. I suppose crap like this is one of the drawbacks of a shared cinematic universe.
    Thing is they're bringing back Tobey Maguire that excuse falls on deaf ears. There's an entire Multiverseof Tchallas out there to pull from but instead of doing that they just killed him. So the Heath Ledger excuses about being a different Universe don't fly. None of the excuses defense they're making the movie so fast without any delays whatsoever. People that are truly sad don't do that