Page 694 of 750 FirstFirst ... 194594644684690691692693694695696697698704744 ... LastLast
Results 10,396 to 10,410 of 11243
    Ultimate Member

So if they do a World of Wakanda movie, does that mean they're not recasting T'Challa now, or ever?

Incredible Member

I just saw Feige's quote...

"His portrayal of T'Challa [and] the Black Panther is iconic and transcends any iteration of the character in any other medium from Marvel's past." — Kevin Feige confirms Marvel will not recast Chadwick Boseman's King T'Challa in #BlackPanther2

He better be talking in terms of exposure because as a written character, it's not even close to being remotely true.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, what a way to honor Boseman than to forget about the character he helped bring to life. Way to go Marvel Studios. Good job in blowing up a billion dollar franchise.
    You know damn well that if the sequel does ant man numbers they going to say it's cause BP franchise doesn't sell and it was a fluke and it's a failed franchise... Bet money

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    FWIW, I think they should call it "World of Wakanda." I mean, I wanted a movie about T'Challa so I'm not the best person to ask, but I'd much rather it be a "World of Wakanda" movie than a "T'Challa dies and Shuri is Black Panther" movie.
    Again the only hope now that T'Challa is mentioned as being "Away" for the movie with the intention of his return come the 3rd movie. That's the only way I could even begin to care. If there is any mention that T'Challa is dead.. sorry but frak it. Don't call it Black Panther II and not have the real Black Panther in it

Only way I don't hate Black Panther II .....

is if it is set in the 5 year gap where T'challa was snapped.

Hell, screw Letitia too, won't need her and don't have to worry about her twitter stuff. BC she is snapped to.

Widow opened the door for prequels, make World of Wakanda a prequel.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Hell, screw Letitia too, won't need her and don't have to worry about her twitter stuff. BC she is snapped to.

Hell they could do it on the 2 year gap from BP 1 to IW, with the movie ending right as Cap and co are coming to Wakanda...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Again the only hope now that T'Challa is mentioned as being "Away" for the movie with the intention of his return come the 3rd movie. That's the only way I could even begin to care. If there is any mention that T'Challa is dead.. sorry but frak it. Don't call it Black Panther II and not have the real Black Panther in it
    They could recast via the multiverse in BP3. By then 5-6 years would’ve passed since Boseman’s death and you’d be bringing in a T’Challa that’s not the one he played. Then Marvel does what I speculated they were gonna do with BP2 if they recasted, which is have 2 Black Panthers. Shuri can join the Young Avengers and Future Foundation, T’Challa can be on the main Avengers and Illuminati. Unlike in the past comics there’s enough distinction in terms of personality, skill set, and worldview for them to not step on each other’s toes. If I were Feige this seems like a viable option down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    So if they do a World of Wakanda movie, does that mean they're not recasting T'Challa now, or ever?
    I think it's best we assume a more conservative stance and assume it's JUST for the next BP movie. Who knows what they will do in the future. Even if they do feel right now that Boseman shoudn't be recast, it doesn't mean they potentially can't or won't change their minds in the future.

This might simply be an easy way to side step the wholie issue for the time being. Not recast, and deal with it later.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

What would be killer is if, this whole multiverse stuff affected the past in such a way that Azuri met and fought alongside Cap and we got a Black Panther and Cap team up...that sprint between Cap and T'Challa in IW had me gassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    What would be killer is if, this whole multiverse stuff affected the past in such a way that Azuri met and fought alongside Cap and we got a Black Panther and Cap team up...that sprint between Cap and T'Challa in IW had me gassed.
    Can't even get the main character int he mcu anymore, can't even get a tv series, and you are still dreaming of azzuri hahaha.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    You know damn well that if the sequel does ant man numbers they going to say it's cause BP franchise doesn't sell and it was a fluke and it's a failed franchise... Bet money
    I can see that.

Although many will point out Boseman's death and will probably point out recasting should have been the real option.

Disney made TOO MUCH money off that movie and got 3 Oscars. Lets not forget trades, clothes, toys and other merchandise they got from that film.

Disney is not going to settle on failure.

If they have to pull Aliens Resurrection with a CLONED T'Challa (who looks like John Boyega or Denzel's kid or Ray Fisher) they will do that before admitting it's a failed franchise.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I can see that.

Although many will point out Boseman's death and will probably point out recasting should have been the real option.

Disney made TOO MUCH money off that movie and got 3 Oscars. Lets not forget trades, clothes, toys and other merchandise they got from that film.

Disney is not going to settle on failure.

If they have to pull Aliens Resurrection with a CLONED T'Challa (who looks like John Boyega or Denzel's kid or Ray Fisher) they will do that before admitting it's a failed franchise.
    If the film underperforms fans and execs will blame it on a post-COVID economy and diminishing interest in Afro-centric sci-fi and fantasy. They may say T'Challa's absence is a factor, but I doubt they'd cite it as the primary reason.

I look at it this way. There will be another Iron Man movie at some point but it won’t be Tony Stark. There will be a Cap movie but it won’t be Steve Rogers. Movies are doing what comics have been afraid to do. Move on. I get that’s it’s way too soon. I agree with that. If they’re able to take ok good stories though, I’ll be happy. Just tell great stories.
    Last edited by Stick Figure; 12-11-2020 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    I look at it this way. There will be another Iron Man movie at some point but it won’t be Tony Stark. There will be a Cap movie but it won’t be Steve Rogers. Movies are doing what comics have been afraid to do. Move on. I get that’s it’s way too soon. I agree with that. If they’re able to take ok good stories though, I’ll be happy. Just tell great stories.
    you have the correct mindset people grow and age yet our characters cant grow with us. I thought the purpose was storytelling
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think it's best we assume a more conservative stance and assume it's JUST for the next BP movie. Who knows what they will do in the future. Even if they do feel right now that Boseman shoudn't be recast, it doesn't mean they potentially can't or won't change their minds in the future.

This might simply be an easy way to side step the wholie issue for the time being. Not recast, and deal with it later.
    That’s what I’ve been thinking as well. Marvel knows T’Challa is way to important of a character to just toss to the side. But at the same time, Boseman’s passing is still way too recent.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"