Page 696 of 750 FirstFirst ... 196596646686692693694695696697698699700706746 ... LastLast
Results 10,426 to 10,440 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    You know damn well that if the sequel does ant man numbers they going to say it's cause BP franchise doesn't sell and it was a fluke and it's a failed franchise... Bet money
    That's exactly what they'll say. And all these casual new fans will move on as well Marvel since there's no real titular character to lean into

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    That’s what I’ve been thinking as well. Marvel knows T’Challa is way to important of a character to just toss to the side. But at the same time, Boseman’s passing is still way too recent.
    What makes you think Marvel knows that? His portrayal in his own movie with subpar compared to what he really is and in the comics for The Last 5 Years? Does it seem at all like editorial was making sure that the character was taken care of? Marvel views this franchise the same way UPN viewed black leadership back when they was popular

Incredible Member

So this is it, T'Challa's played out? The comics have butchered him, we can't get a game with him and the movies have now hauled his ass to the nearest gibbet with a thousand crows ready to finish off what's left. Unbelievable.

Don't agree with the decision not to recast at all. They know damn well Chad would want T'Challa's adventures to continue. Just disgusted right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    So this is it, T'Challa's played out? The comics have butchered him, we can't get a game with him and the movies have now hauled his ass to the nearest gibbet with a thousand crows ready to finish off what's left. Unbelievable.
    Yeah fam, I held out hope that MCU had the vision of the potential for impact black heroes, especially black male heroes could be. With the exception of Fury whose being buoyed by Jackson's star power, they are content to spit out sidekick heroes. They are building their future NOW! This is the time to expand the role of T'Challa Panther to be incorporated into MCU and beyond. Instead they are just putting 1plus billion in a basket and kicking it off a cliff! I'm through with the comics for damn sure, now I'm close to not caring about anything else Panther related. They want to screw him, well screw them. I working on a video next week just to air out all this trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Basically lol. Hey, remember when our worst fears were Namor or Doom or Storm? LOL, what a year.

But, as much as I hate all of this, I refuse to be one of those toxic fanboys.

Hope people that like Shuri Panther enjoy the movie TBH. Good for them, it ain't their fault.

Just don't expect me to pay to watch it or buy any merch. That is all you really can do.

(also think they need to resurrect the Shuri BP thread when it happens)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I mean we are not alone in this.

Some people on YouTube and Twitter have the same reaction to this news.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I mean we are not alone in this.

Some people on YouTube and Twitter have the same reaction to this news.
    Hopefully there will be enough pushback to make Marvel reconsider

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Hopefully there will be enough pushback to make Marvel reconsider
    Let's do our part to flood social media, at least enough to heighten the conversation.

All I know is after this Marvel needs to contact each of their big actors and discuss protocols or what they'd want to be done in the event of their death, thats were we are at now. MCU clearly is cast driven just as much as story driven and if any of the big actors were do unexpectedly perish they'd need to have a plan do this doesn't happen again.

I mean what if Ben Cumbrrbatch dies? With his movie defining or tying into 3 other projects? They'd almost be forced to recast and continue on or scrap several things
    Last edited by Toonstrack; 12-11-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    All I know is after this Marvel needs to contact each of their big actors and discuss protocols or what they'd want to be done in the event of their death, thats were we are at now. MCU clearly is cast driven just as much as story driven and if any of the big actors were do unexpectedly perish they'd need to have a plan do this doesn't happen again.

I mean what if Ben Cumbrrbatch dies? With his movie defining or tying into 3 other projects? They'd almost be forced to recast and continue on or scrap several things
    Not just that these days.

But if an actor becomes transgendered as well, like Ellen/Elliot Paige.

What does Redjack think about this?

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I have a feeling Coates convinced his friend Coogler that now was not the right time to replace his friend Chad.

Obviously other higher ups in the decision. However, I'm sure Coates gave his thoughts. Their closeness with Boseman probably felt it was best to move on.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    I don't know about you fellas, but should the thread name be changed to T'Challa: The Black Panther, like the other threads? Just so some people know what to expect when they start talking in here.
    There is no point in changing now because the end of the year most 2020 threads will be closed and new appreciation threads will be started again. It is better to make that distinction then than requesting for it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I have a feeling Coates convinced his friend Coogler that now was not the right time to replace his friend Chad.

Obviously other higher ups in the decision. However, I'm sure Coates gave his thoughts. Their closeness with Boseman probably felt it was best to move on.
    If that's the case then it further proves how Coates finds the character of T'Challa unnecessary that he would convince Coogler to move on, thereby wiping a legacy character out of existence.