Page 7 of 750 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107507 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I was with them then they lost me on the part where they said Coates actually improves.. there isn't any "improvement" until S2 and that quickly falls back into his tired tropes. He is less prose driven but he still has the same tropes he follows. Lecture T'Challa, blame T'Challa for the latest woes, sideline T'Challa for someone else, and take the wind out of T'Challas sail's when he should have Bass in his voice
    To be honest, any podcast or review of BP related materials that doesn't reference Reginald Hudlin's contributions to the BP mythos, lacks credibility.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    To be honest, any podcast or review of BP related materials that doesn't reference Reginald Hudlin's contributions to the BP mythos, lacks credibility.
    I'm curious. What are your favorite Hudlin Black Panther stories? Mine are Back to Africa & Black to the Future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Me and you both my brother.

If someone had told me that a time would come when I of all people, would go for three days let alone, three full years without purchasing a single issue of a Black Panther solo book, I would have laughed in their face.

I'll gladly go another two years of boycotting Coates rubbish and put the money saved towards more appropriate books that aren't buttressed by his particular brand of slave mentality/racially charged low expectation fare.
    It's sad that we can not enjoy T'Challa in his own series. The fortunate thing is that we at least have comics like the Avengers and Black Panther & agents of Wakanda to see glimpses of the real T'Challa. Hopefully, due to the low sales of the current Black Panther comics, we can get a new creative team and new direction.

E6937884-1B42-44E8-8DFE-51D1B02A3BC3.jpg
    A picture of a lego set based on the upcoming avengers game, and look who’s a part of it!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    I'm curious. What are your favorite Hudlin Black Panther stories? Mine are Back to Africa & Black to the Future.
    The only arc I didn't love was the Marvel Zombie tie in issues. Everything else is engrained in my comic soul.

It's sad that we can not enjoy T'Challa in his own series. The fortunate thing is that we at least have comics like the Avengers and Black Panther & agents of Wakanda to see glimpses of the real T'Challa. Hopefully, due to the low sales of the current Black Panther comics, we can get a new creative team and new direction.
    It the era we live in. Batman, Sups, Thor... The solos with the big writer names attached just aren't resonating with long time fans. The crazy thing is the writers are doing good on their smaller products.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Given that he STILL hasn't finished his space "epic"... who knows? I'm rather hoping that around issue #24 or #25 he gets a "grand finale" and they give the book to someone else, but I suspect he'll drag things along to issue #28 (which will be renumbered to #200 for the sales boost) at the earliest.
    If he has five major arcs planned, this would be there or four now. Of course, Marvel has the final say. My guess is they'll launch a new creative team about six or seven months prior to the next movie so the first trade can be in book stores when the movie is in theaters.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    If he has five major arcs planned, this would be there or four now. Of course, Marvel has the final say. My guess is they'll launch a new creative team about six or seven months prior to the next movie so the first trade can be in book stores when the movie is in theaters.
    That would make sense... but they are more likely to make sure there's a new #1 on the stands when the movie gets out (or shortly thereafter).

I have a question for people on this board. BP issue 200 is a huge milestone. If Coates is the only person to write it, would you purchase it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The only arc I didn't love was the Marvel Zombie tie in issues. Everything else is engrained in my comic soul.
    I felt Hudlin got better as a storyteller as time went on, but he had issues with his artists. The Civil War story would have been one of the greatest BP storylines if not for some of the bad art (like the fight with Captain America).

I have a question for people on this board. BP issue 200 is a huge milestone. If Coates is the only person to write it, would you purchase it?
    No. "Milestones" are meaningless, just a number on the cover.

(I don't raise a fuss over relaunches either, especially by the same writer)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    In the current Marvel take on the Egyptian pantheon the Sky-Father equivalent is Osiris (who took over from Geb, who took over from Shu, who took over from Ra).

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/osiristhor.htm

In the case of the pre-Coates Orishas (aka the Vodu) the Sky-Father is Buluku, aka Olurun and others:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/bulukuag.htm

Interestingly, the Egyptian pantheon is one of the few that DOES have a sky goddess (and a male Earth god): Nut, the sister/wife of the aforementioned Geb.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/nuthelio.htm

She's sort of retired, tho.
    Ah!!! Thank You!! Good information very good. I always thought Wakanda had their own Sky-Father.
    Sheesh Glad I didn’t say that openly as fact. Lol

Also, how come the other Orisha don’t talk??? Are they mute?? Do they ever talk?? I know Bast is the head honcho, but she seems to do all the talking and the other gods seem like they can’t form an opinion of their own.

What’s the deal with that?

Yeah, I see what you're saying. But she did say if she had read Coates run before Priest's, that she would not be a fan of Black Panther. In the other video when they review Strum Und Drang, you should hear how she gushes over T'Challa (it's at the times I mentioned).
    I did hear thst part and i agree. They said essentially that anyone coming into Coates run at entry level would likely not stay or have a harder time being a fan since Coates just assumes people know what's going on in T'Challas history. And given thst she knew how T'Challa IS on continuity that is why she tolerated Coates story. But people start falling onto the same trap, they start going on these assumptions, they start talking about the conversation with changamire abd T'Challa and contrasting that between Shuri and Ayo and saying how Coates weaved this brilliant moment... When. They forget that Coates used that moment to have changa shade throw on T'Challa and T'Challa be like "yeah I messed up"

Because he is an "intellectual" people bend kver backwards for Coates run and try to find the intelligence behind it to explain the mess he is putting on panel

Didn't he say he has 5 years of storytelling? So since this space story has gone on coming to two years that means it's one more year then he is done

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Also, how come the other Orisha don’t talk??? Are they mute?? Do they ever talk?? I know Bast is the head honcho, but she seems to do all the talking and the other gods seem like they can’t form an opinion of their own.

What’s the deal with that?
    If you mean the Vodu, they haven't shown up all that often (mostly in Jericho Drumm stories) so I can't really say.

If you mean the version currently appearing in Black Panther, they didn't exist before Coates created them (except for Bast, of course) and they've never done a bloody thing. In fact, save for the ones he swiped from the Egyptian pantheons (Thoth & Ptah) they've only appeared a half-dozen times, and I believe those were group shots.