Page 705 of 750 FirstFirst ... 205605655695701702703704705706707708709715 ... LastLast
Results 10,561 to 10,575 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I'd like to see This interview that keeps being thrown around. Nothing about what Coogler has said has hinted that he doesnt like T'Challa. Ontop of that, just based on what we saw in the movie it's clear that Shuri isn't the developer of Wakandas advancements because Wakanda was already advanced before she was even born. Currently she is the overseerer of Wakandan development, and I will give you that I don't like that T'Challa doesn't seem to be a super genius in the same vein or as obvious as one like inl would like. I very much would of appreciated more than just mention of his design of the habit. But I don't agree with the idea that T'Challa is more dispensable to Shuri or anything like that. I just don't believe it. I think Disney is jumping the gun and not giving this more time
    That's the thing. It's not clear. The Casual audience came away thinking that Sheree is responsible for the advancement of wakanda because the movie presented it as such or at the very least didn't do a good enough job of presenting the opposite fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Totally agree. There is some serious reaching going on.
    I'll answer that for him. Because white people specifically white men would never let them kill Bruce Wayne off in a movie and replace him with Dick or batgirl. They're very protective of that. But when it comes to Black characters we are so starved that we're perfectly fine clawing at eachother for representatione trying to get out of the bucket that were in and the white people in charge of these characters are perfectly fine watching it as long as we're spending money
    Last edited by Ekie; 12-12-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Found that petition. I know a lot of us are older cats but don't underestimate the power of putting your voice an opinion out there in the ethos. Sign the petition and just say what the character meant to you
    http://chng.it/tCRbzvp8py
    Last edited by Ekie; 12-12-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    T'Chaka is the official predecessor to T'Challa in Marvel lore, that's all there is to it.

Kasper illegitimately took up the mantle when T'Challa disappeared then was temporarily backed by T'Challa himself. The time limit and format have nothing to do with anything.

Kind of makes sense? It's not like she was the Black Leopard during that period. She was T'Challa's successor. She gets the mantle, he takes it back - that still makes her a Black Panther. And T'Challa was Daredevil briefly, that didn't make him not Black Panther. How long people had the mantle isn't relevant.

My argument wasn't that T'Challa didn't have the mantle the longest, my argument was that its a mantle based down the generations and has more people as Black Panther than simply T'Challa. Next you'll be telling me Dick Grayson was never Batman in the comics (he did this twice). The mantle's more like the Iron Fist's.

Forgot that Killmonger had the mantle for a while in Priest's run, too.

Sure I am, I'm being gaslit here. You do remember in Dark Knight Rises when Bruce passed the mantle to Robin? The fact the movies didn't do a legacy that much didn't not make the mantle a legacy, there have been more than one Batman in the comics. Jean-Paul Valley, Jim Gordon and Dick Grayson are three of them. If the movies ever want to go this route nothing stopping them.
    Why the F are you even here man, you're in a community with real BP fans trying to support and justify a complete asinine decision to completely right off a title character. Tchalla is BP plain and simple there is no "but" and if that's a problem to people like you well that's too bad, my question is where the hell all this random "Shuri for BP" synergy is even coming from when she not even an established character within the mcu anyway and Tchalla has only been BP for one damn movie now all of a sudden cats like you want a change because you're too brain dead to separate an actor from his role. Chadwick will be missed but it's time to move, y'all can move on from anything else. No Tchalla no BP 2.
    Last edited by Mekk80s; 12-12-2020 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Found that petition
    I signed, Im down with being patient for a recast, just as long as they do recast.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I'd like to see This interview that keeps being thrown around. Nothing about what Coogler has said has hinted that he doesnt like T'Challa. Ontop of that, just based on what we saw in the movie it's clear that Shuri isn't the developer of Wakandas advancements because Wakanda was already advanced before she was even born. Currently she is the overseerer of Wakandan development, and I will give you that I don't like that T'Challa doesn't seem to be a super genius in the same vein or as obvious as one like inl would like. I very much would of appreciated more than just mention of his design of the habit. But I don't agree with the idea that T'Challa is more dispensable to Shuri or anything like that. I just don't believe it. I think Disney is jumping the gun and not giving this more time
    I don't think anybody but Internet theorists have said that T'challa was going to actually die in the film. They didn't kill off Paul Walker's character in the Fast franchise after the actor died. They just wrote him out of the series.

We don't know what they are gonna do. They could have T'Challa go on a pilgrimage and leave a regent in charge. They could have him die off screen. They could pull a Bruce Lee Game of Death and just use what BP footage they have left over.

Because of Coronavirus, this year has been a disaster for Disney. They want to go back to making money again. That's why they aren't delaying anything more.

Warner Bros. in comparison just said "eff it, everything is getting pushed back a year or is going to stream or both".

Given the state of the world, its frankly optimistic as hell for Disney to even have the Shang Chi and Black Widow movies coming out when they are in the first half of 2021.

But Disney was used to putting out 4 Marvel movies a year in the Theaters. They can't do that now of course. But they want to get back as close to that pace as they can. So they are only delaying releases where they had no choice (Black Panther 2 will had to have been re-written, of course) at all.

Marvel has always treated its characters as people first and foremost and mantles second. Thats one of my favorite aspects of their universe. TChalla is no exception to this. And TChalla is dead in the MCU.

Black Panther is a mantle, it can be passed on. This goes for everyone in the Marvel universe, save for MAYBE the X Men. In fact almost none of the characters currently getting movies is the only one to hold their mantle. Iron Man, BW, Cap, Thor, Daredevil, Iron Fist, etc.

When you read about these characters you are following the character not the suit. TChalla is still TChalla even if he isnt wearing the BP suit. Tony Stark is still Tony Stark. It's different with DC for a lot of characters but in Marvel they switch it up all the time.

So I have no problem with their being another BP at all. I'm upset about not seeing TChalla again. Black Panther isn't going anywhere. But TChalla is dead as it is

This whole" there is still a black panther! It is just a mantle!" thing has got to be the worst argument ive seen in this thread in a long long time.

My favorite character isn't a damn costume lol.

It is OBVIOUS when someone says "i like black panther" they aren't praising the empty costume. Bast have mercy, this is dumb.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    my question is where the hell all this random "Shuri for BP" synergy is even coming from when she not even an established character within the mcu anyway and Tchalla has only been BP for one damn movie now all of a sudden cats like you want a change because you're too brain dead to separate an actor from his role. Chadwick will be missed but it's time to move, y'all can move on from anything else. No Tchalla no BP 2.
    Excluding the folks who read the comics when a previous version of Shuri did take over as Black Panther.
    A LOT of that is from the usual suspects who push certain narratives. The fake ultra woke culture.

That wants the black man gone and what he had passed on to his woman.
    It's lets build up Shuri and Storm as their OWN folks and build up a franchise to rival the Bat & Superman & Spider verse.
    It's GET rid of T'Challa and any other black male and hand what they FOUGHT for to the ladies.
    They want the representation WITHOUT the work.

Are you willing to go to the levels of #ReleasetheSnyderCut to go about getting what you want?
    The way of harassing folks and even threatening them? No thanks. Those folks attacked everybody. Panther fans are better than that.

Wait til their wallet gets hit, that speaks louder than words.
    Keep that money in your pocket sends a bigger message.

Now some will say Disney will just dump the franchise. I am sure the accountants will remind Disney how much they made off Back Panther. They do NOT want to hand over the black hero kingdom to Static or Spawn or Kareem (Black comics).

And the title of the Batman movies is Batman not Bruce Wayne. You're not making any points
    His point is someone could be Black Panther until they finally decide on T'Challa.

However we have not seen anyone else as Batman or Robin in the movies. They even paid Marlon Wayans to be Robin (in two movies) but gave up due to fear of a Black Robin.

DC has pretty much stayed on the so-called icon has to be blank. To match the books.
    Marvel was like that too until Jane Foster was Thor in the comics when Thor 2 came out.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Keep that money in your pocket sends a bigger message.

Now some will say Disney will just dump the franchise. I am sure the accountants will remind Disney how much they made off Back Panther. They do NOT want to hand over the black hero kingdom to Static or Spawn or Kareem (Black comics).
    Exactly

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This whole" there is still a black panther! It is just a mantle!" thing has got to be the worst argument ive seen in this thread in a long long time.
    It is OBVIOUS when someone says "i like black panther" they aren't praising the empty costume. Bast have mercy, this is dumb.
    Not when you see a Tim Drake or Damian in the Robin costume.
    Or Jane Foster as Thor.
    Or Erik Masterson as Thor
    Or Kamala as Ms Marvel.
    Or Carol Danvers as Cap Marvel or even Monica as Cap Marvel
    Or Jim Gordon, Nightwing and Jean Paul as Batman.
    Or Green Lanterns NOT named Hal Jordan
    Or Flashes NOT named Barry Allen.
    Or Hawkeye named Kate Bishop.
    Or the various Hawkmen

Or the variations of Cap America.
    Or the variations of Superboy & Supergirl & Batgirl.
    Or the biggest example a Spider Man running around NOT named Peter Parker.
    We have had an Asian one with tv show
    A Latino/Irish on with over 75 solo issues
    A pig as SPider-Man
    and an biracial teen with an Oscar winning movie and now one of the hottest games on the market. Who will celebrate 100 solo issues in 2022.

For Supergirl the version that held 80 issue run was NOT the original one.
    The Batgirl who held the longest run 72 issues was NOT the original one.

Kevin Fiege is looking at all of that and why wouldn't you have someone new in that suit? History says it works. Although it has been tested with Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It doesn't ignore anything. During Black Panther's entire publication history, these other characters have been Black Panther for 15 minutes.

One more time. T'Challa is not dead. There is no need to get rid of the character just because Marvel is afraid to replace Boseman.
    Yeah given what fiege has said and what was said about not cgi-ing T'Challa, and the wording used with it. It's very up in the are about what they are going to do or if they even know

That's the thing. It's not clear. The Casual audience came away thinking that Sheree is responsible for the advancement of wakanda because the movie presented it as such or at the very least didn't do a good enough job of presenting the opposite fact.
    Smart enough to design his habit, possibly designed the emp beads, but it's obvious Shuri isn't the sole person responsible for Wakandas advancements based on what we see at the start of the movie. She may be the current head of the design team (maybe T'Challa was the previous head before her and then she took over after he became the Black Panther) and is currently leading advancements. I agree it's too vague, but i would like to believe that there (Bast I hope they bring him back) will be clear indications T'Challa didn't have characteristics shifted from him to Shuri

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Marvel has always treated its characters as people first and foremost and mantles second. Thats one of my favorite aspects of their universe. TChalla is no exception to this. And TChalla is dead in the MCU.

Black Panther is a mantle, it can be passed on. This goes for everyone in the Marvel universe, save for MAYBE the X Men. In fact almost none of the characters currently getting movies is the only one to hold their mantle. Iron Man, BW, Cap, Thor, Daredevil, Iron Fist, etc.

When you read about these characters you are following the character not the suit. TChalla is still TChalla even if he isnt wearing the BP suit. Tony Stark is still Tony Stark. It's different with DC for a lot of characters but in Marvel they switch it up all the time.

So I have no problem with their being another BP at all. I'm upset about not seeing TChalla again. Black Panther isn't going anywhere. But TChalla is dead as it is
    Do you honestly believe, that Disney would be dumb enough to kill T'Challa (on or off screen) for a 3rd time? serious question. Do you think people would just be cool with that and move on?

Found that petition. I know a lot of us are older cats but don't underestimate the power of putting your voice an opinion out there in the ethos. Sign the petition and just say what the character meant to you
    And signed. Thanks for the link!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"