Page 707 of 750 FirstFirst ... 207607657697703704705706707708709710711717 ... LastLast
Results 10,591 to 10,605 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I think we comic book fans totally agree but I am not sure the film makers agree. You can see the push for female character driven shows in their announcements and I can easily see them push Shuri as the BP for their films. With so many pushing Marvel for more female led films, this is going to happen.
    I think people started pumping the brakes a bit when she shared and defended that video on twitter. So I'm not so sure it's a sure fire thing

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    THIS right here this is why I say they rushed. They had no reason to announce this so soon, they could of waited. It hasn't even been 4 months since his passing. Abd maybe Chadwick did, but he legit thought he was going to beat the cancer. Bast I wish he did. But yes your right it's BP that people actually want and who's face on at the center of all the success.

This isn't a Fast and furious situation where the ensemble cast is established and able to continue without Brian. They are asking this not fully developed cast who's whole shine and appeal is based around T'Challa, to carry the weight of the franchise. With out any source material to reference or memorable stories to draw from. And who were fully reliant o. The franchise hero to guide them and bring out their best?? That's an astronomically difficult task ahead of them especially given the cultural impact of the first.

Didn't he Also get his ass kicked by ant-man? A trained solider got his ass kicked by a thief??
    Both Falcon and War Machine were punked by Ant-Man. What makes it even more humiliating is that Scott was just getting hold of his powers when he fought Sam, he was a first world boss.

He just needs to beat another black male character without powers, y'know, for the hat trick.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 12-12-2020 at 06:46 PM.

I just bought the ultimate Black Panther Guide on Amazon that tells you all you need to know about BP. It was the last one on Amazon for now. Should get it by Tuesday. Anyone else got it?

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    The only false expectation is thinking that taking a high profile black hero off the table is just somehow, okay.
    People will complain no matter what they do. But that's likely fine, because odds are the movie will probably do fine regardless of what they do.

It's why Coogler and Fiege should ultimately do what they feel is right, whatever that is. They've earned the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    People will complain no matter what they do. But that's likely fine, because odds are the movie will probably do fine regardless of what they do.

It's why Coogler and Fiege should ultimately do what they feel is right, whatever that is. They've earned the benefit of the doubt.
    I think your underestimating the resonation of the first movie and overestimating what people will just be okay with just because it's Marvel. Same thing happened with the star wars movies which is why they opted to focus more on the TV side and taking a break on the movie side. Plus I don't think it's just up to them. I doubt either of them really think trying to move on so soon after Chad's passing is the right thing to do

So Black Panther fans have Bad Blood over these recent developments...

Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    I mean they don't have many options. Its clear in their eyes, Chad was TChalla. So without Chad, there isn't TChalla. And I somewhat agree with that.

Given those things,, the way I see it their options are:

Tchalla dies either offscreen or on. Most likely off.

Tchalla is critically wounded and unable to act as the panther, will exist but not be seen or heard from.

Tchalla is mentioned to be elsewhere off screen for the rest of this franchises existence(which is a terrible idea IMO)

They pull a Leia/Tarkin with the Bosemans blessing and give the character a send off in a brief scene with Chad being CG'd. Send him into space or another dimension or something with the notion that he isnt coming back any time soon.

None of those options are great, but I'd say the first and last are the easiest. The first one leaves then with no other loose ends to fill, but like you said could come off as insensitive. I dont think dying multiple times matters much, Winter Soldier has died about just as many times.

The latter clears things up without reliving a death and there are plenty of avenues they can take straight from the comics to explain this but it would have the risk of being a disservice to the character. But again, not many options.

A recast is off the table for now, thought they could go the multiverse route they'd have to explain why TChalla 2 would not be ruling his own home anyway.
    One more time with feeling for the folks in back. T'Challa is not dead. T'Challa is very much alive in the MCU. There is no reason for T'Challa to be dead because Boseman died. He did a phenomenal job as T'Challa and bringing him to life but to say that since his performance was so great that there can't be anyone else to play T'Challa for the forseeable future is asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I just bought the ultimate Black Panther Guide on Amazon that tells you all you need to know about BP. It was the last one on Amazon for now. Should get it by Tuesday. Anyone else got it?
    Naw, the ultimate panther guide is in my brain! lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    You think this somehow makes up for shuttering up, and ending T'Challa's legacy as the premier black male hero? Sam and Rhodes will always be sidekicks. For Pete's sake Sam admits to being the inferior soldier to Roger's. In another movie Sam says that he's content to just follow Steve's lead. Who will replace the black, noble hero, leader and king?
    I feel you bro. When Sam pulls off some isht like Steve did in the elevator scene in WS or standing toe-to-toe against Winter Soldier in commando mode, then I'll be impressed. I don't want to see Sam get his ass handed to him every time they go up against some enhanced human. Saw enough of that in the comics. Sam's jiob was to take out the redshirts. He did it well but that won't hold up if he's carrying the shield.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Naw, the ultimate panther guide is in my brain! lol
    Lol. I lifted some pics of a page or two off the web. But I decided to just buy the whole thing. Talks about his armor and powers and more about Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I feel you bro. When Sam pulls off some isht like Steve did in the elevator scene in WS or standing toe-to-toe against Winter Soldier in commando mode, then I'll be impressed. I don't want to see Sam get his ass handed to him every time they go up against some enhanced human. Saw enough of that in the comics. Sam's jiob was to take out the redshirts. He did it well but that won't hold up if he's carrying the shield.
    give Sam the HSH so he doesn't get his ass kicked by metas lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    give Sam the HSH so he doesn't get his ass kicked by metas lol
    That or let him get some of that Steve magic. If not, Bucky will be saving his butt just about every episode.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As highly praised as the supporting cast was in the film, now the onus is on them to basically carry the whole film without their lead character who the franchise was basically designed around and kept them all together as a cast...

They are really stuck in an unenviable position.
    I totally agree.

They will all be in a place where they can longer get by with kewl one-liners, and actually have to face a menace that wants them dead in tension filled scenes.

So far, all they did was go after canon-fodder, and henchmen.

Extraordinary Member

I gotta say as a Sam & Rhodey fan.....y'all digging deep with those vibranium claws, lol!

<Ouch!>

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Why the F are you even here man, you're in a community with real BP fans trying to support and justify a complete asinine decision to completely right off a title character. Tchalla is BP plain and simple there is no "but" and if that's a problem to people like you well that's too bad, my question is where the hell all this random "Shuri for BP" synergy is even coming from when she not even an established character within the mcu anyway and Tchalla has only been BP for one damn movie now all of a sudden cats like you want a change because you're too brain dead to separate an actor from his role. Chadwick will be missed but it's time to move, y'all can move on from anything else. No Tchalla no BP 2.
    I am a real Black Panther/T'Challa fan, and I wasn't even "supporting" what marvel did, I said I was against the recast but since I tried to understand where they came from my words get twisted and now T'Chaka isn't a real Black Panther. I have feeling Hudlin and Priest would disagree with that. I'm don't even support Shuri to replace him, especially after Wright's implosion. Kick her out, recast her. The only reason I bought up Shuri was that in the comics she become the Black Panther which is true. T'Challa's been BP for two movies, he debuted in Civil War. We don't know what they're going to do with T'Challa in the sequel, all they said is that they're not recasting Boseman in it. Nobody's saying people are obligated to watch the movie. Marvel are in a bind whatever they do, recasting people are going to see it as disrespectful to Boseman, don't and they get this about T'Challa. I'm not speaking for the not casting people but I am trying to understand where they come from and it's valid. It's not like Disney hasn't been through a minefield over something like this when Carrie Fisher died.