Page 73 of 750 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173573 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 11243

All this politics talk is like debating whether or not Jedi can have sex on the side or do they hold it all in like Yoda for 800 years!

Escapism sci-fi is more of a "What If" this type of world existed and how heroes and villains operate within it!

For the most part if you like myself come from a large family the general idea is to escape from all of that and live vicariously through a male hero that has no siblings or large extended family members player hating from the sidelines!

Parents are typically killed off to add inner motivations and get unnecessary casualties tucked out of the way so that the protagonist can brood and have as many love interests available without blockers hindering the date movie aspect!

Wakanda breeds ensembles as newer throwaway characters are introduced just to see what sticks but essentially it should still boil down to...

Black Panther... Significant Other/Love Interest... Rogues Gallery... Wakanda... Period!

Every new writer seems to want to add extras that only suck up panel space and word balloons but don't really add anything new to the game!

Redjack did something fantastic adding Princess Zanda who like Killmonger can be upgraded and given whatever diabolical traits needed to sell toys and black women who may have tired of Catwoman cosplay an alternative for naughtiness!
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Here's the problem with your argument, it's full of I think" and "I'm sure" well here's the thing with comics, if it's not shown or said ON PANEL, then it's moot. Coates didn't think about intricacies of why they would join, he simply had Ayo say to aneka they can't do anything because they are so few, then aneka "has an idea" and all of a sudden they are in the jabari lands and leaf Mbakus brother onto a trap with the Dora's..

The DM have been shown as loyal to the crown, ride or dies they take that isht seriously, then all of a sudden let characters convince Allo of then to leave off panel? How did they even get back onto the Golden city with detection? And why didn't any oppose them? Or when they joined forces with KNOWN TERRORISTS who were raping and killing their people they swore to protect why didn't they call the Ma out? Or go back to T'Challa? Better yet why did they hide like cowards while T'Challa and co fought to protect the citizens and them by stopping Tetu?

I want you to show me on panel proof, not I thinks or im sure, or I assume or anything of YOUR OPINION. Provide facts. I'll wait...
    The Doras did walk away from Tchalla once already in Time Runs Out. So they are ride and die only up to a point. If push came to shove, they ended up being ride and die each other.

The main book doesn't cover the rest of the DMs perspective to any great detail. WOW doesgive us some of the build up to it though. We see the Doras frustration with the crown building and things slipping through the cracks, and we see the Doras decidingto take things into their own hands and deal with those issues while Tchalla is occupied with other (admittely more important) things. That story was the background setting the table for rebellion. The execution order of the MA was the straw which broke the camels back.

Why did they join forces with terrorists? Because those terrorists saved their butts. They were losing that fight with the HZ. At the time, it made sense. Once it stooped making sense, Tetu and conpany were on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    should i post the list here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Please do.
    Definitely post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The Doras did walk away from Tchalla once already in Time Runs Out. So they are ride and die only up to a point. If push came to shove, they ended up being ride and die each other.

The main book doesn't cover the rest of the DMs perspective to any great detail. WOW doesgive us some of the build up to it though. We see the Doras frustration with the crown building and things slipping through the cracks, and we see the Doras decidingto take things into their own hands and deal with those issues while Tchalla is occupied with other (admittely more important) things. That story was the background setting the table for rebellion. The execution order of the MA was the straw which broke the camels back.

Why did they join forces with terrorists? Because those terrorists saved their butts. They were losing that fight with the HZ. At the time, it made sense. Once it stooped making sense, Tetu and conpany were on their own.
    Technically Ezyo is right because in the contect of TRO, Shuri was the crown. He didnt' say ride or die for Tchalla. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Technically Ezyo is right because in the contect of TRO, Shuri was the crown. He didnt' say ride or die for Tchalla. lol
    Sure. But the point is they lost respect for Tchalla. Tough to be ride and die after that. And that respect apparently didn't return with him regaining rhe crown, as they continued to show frustration wirh him leading into their exodus. The order to execute the MA was the straw that broke the camels.

Sure. But the point is they lost respect for Tchalla. Tough to be ride and die after that. And that respect apparently didn't return with him regaining rhe crown, as they continued to show frustration wirh him leading into their exodus. The order to execute the MA was the straw that broke the camels.
    That was a judge who issued that order. And they seemed cool enough in The Ultimates.

Also they didn't even talk to him about it. Nakia just said Tchalla's too busy we'll handle it ourselves. And if roughly 18 people can handle all of WK problems, the crime rate must be extremely low. How can they be frustrated with someone they never gave the chance to fix the problem.
    Last edited by Cville; 02-06-2020 at 04:03 PM.

Regarding black creators:

Quick show of hands…. how many folks here know that one of the longest-running indy books with the same creative team since day 1 is written, drawn & even colored by an African-American?

That was a judge who issued that order. And they seemed cool enough in The Ultimates.
    They did seem cool in the Ultinates, but if you read WoW things were still very tense at the time. When you see the story from their perspective rather than Tchalla s things were clearly boiling below the surface.

And yes it was a judge that made the verdict but once Ramonda decided not to overturn that decision the Dora's basically had to rebel if they weren't willing to allow one of their own to die.

Though the fact that literally all of them were willing to do it indicates pretty strongly they were unhappy prior to that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    It's funny what Coates has done to the Black Panther comic book. We are not discussing in the Black Panther Appreciation Board about how we can read Indie comics by black creators instead of our beloved character, T'Challa. Man...it's a shame.
    Well whose fault is that?

That others can offer an alternative to what is being offered by Marvel? And who knows if mentioning those names could lead to an Eve Ewing or Donald Glover situation .

Where an offbeat comment lead to something bigger. Someone told Even she looked like Riri and that lead to her writing Ironheart and now Champions. Someone mention Donald Glover for Spider-Man and we got Miles Morales.

Who knows mentioning Ray Anthony Height's Midnight Tiger might see him on Black Panther.

They did seem cool in the Ultinates, but if you read WoW things were still very tense at the time. When you see the story from their perspective rather than Tchalla s things were clearly boiling below the surface.

And yes it was a judge that made the verdict but once Ramonda decided not to overturn that decision the Dora's basically had to rebel if they weren't willing to allow one of their own to die.

Though the fact that literally all of them were willing to do it indicates pretty strongly they were unhappy prior to that.
    But it wasn't all. It was Ayo by herself raiding the prison if I remember correctly. The others just kinda showed up with no explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

Quick show of hands…. how many folks here know that one of the longest-running indy books with the same creative team since day 1 is written, drawn & even colored by an African-American?
    Except for the high profile marvel and DC guys who I see doing interviews at cons, I pretty much never know the ethnicity of the creators. Honestly I don't even think about it for the most part.

But it wasn't all. It was Ayo by herself raiding the prison if I remember correctly. The others just kinda showed up with no explanation.
    I didn't mean they all participated in the jail break. Just meant they were all willing to rebellion against the crown to gain their independence.

Wow showed that they were unhappy for some time. It was there for people who needed more context outside the main book, though for the average fan the DM probably got enough panel time as it.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

Is that Gold Diggers?

Grave Diggers?
    Last edited by Cville; 02-06-2020 at 04:20 PM.

I didn't mean they all participated in the jail break. Just meant they were all willing to rebellion against the crown to gain their independence.

Wow showed that they were unhappy for some time. It was there for people who needed more context outside the main book, though for the average fan the DM probably got enough panel time as it.
    That book had no context. It just show Nakia was incompetent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Now im curious, did something happen involving a particular weather witch squatting in Wakanda?
    Bro, Ororo's now 100% on that Krakoa Mutant supremacist Gestapo isht currently ruling the X-Verse.

Meanwhile, Coates is busy selling wolf tickets in the BP solo.