Page 743 of 750 FirstFirst ... 243643693733739740741742743744745746747 ... LastLast
Results 11,131 to 11,145 of 11243
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    to me, Wakanda must be a near utopia or there's no point.
    Here, here!!!

Mighty Member

Folks, it's official. i will not be taking over BP after King in Black. Dunno who the new team is but I'm not on it. So, if this is my swan song, I'm going out gangster.

Happy Holidays.
    Oh for effs sake!!!!! [ Double facepalm]

Siiiiighh!

Why dammit

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    so minus out Storm and wrecking ball and we got a decent team book that covers all sorts of avenue's. Plus Miles and T'Challa needs to have an actual conversation with miles getting some vibranium upgrades
    Hell no... To Miles getting Vibranium upgrades.

He is plenty powerful as a spider character as he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Oh for effs sake!!!!! [ Double facepalm]

Siiiiighh!

Why dammit
    Marvel is either killin the charcater off and promoting Shuri (thusly rejecting RedJacks vision) or they have another black writer with zero comics writing experience and moderate name recognition that they want to let "reimagine wakandas history and mythos

Thats a HARD NO from me!!!

Having Tchalla being the only reason for Wakandan Advancement instantly robs of its historical technological height over the rest of world.

U are basically saying Wakanda was nothing but a nation of Savage warriors until Tchalla went to the U.S who taught him education which he brought to Wakanda .....basically making the U S the reason for Wakanda's tech Advancement.

Why can't Wakanda been a reknown kingdom that has had super tech ....just have Tchalla make his creations and additions???

What is sooo wrong with that?!?
    I didn't say there was a problem with it. I said I like Priest genius feat he gave T'Challa and don't want him to lose a big tech feat. And T'Challa just making creations and additions too small scale. T'Challa is supposed to be the GOAT BP. Show us why, the GOAT means he exceeds everyone in all aspects.

Hell no... To Miles getting Vibranium upgrades.

He is plenty powerful as a spider character as he is.
    There's nothing wrong with him getting a few upgrades to his tech. Like vibranium webshooters. Just like how T'Challa created falcon's wings he can create better web shooter's for miles such as the ones he used on MK. Plus there's nothing wrong with them actually having a conversation

Astonishing Member

Hudlin drew attention to what was plainly apparent since T'Challa's debut. There had never been any indication that Wakanda was ever under the thumb of a colonial power, all he did was make that a big part of the narrative that surrounds the IP. As for his decision to have it so Wakanda was always a step ahead of the world, I prefer that as opposed to what we had before. That said, I can admit it did open up the way to the targeted efforts some writers make to have Wakanda get defeated.

Wakanda having access to a literal mcguffin like vibranium but never harnessing that potential until they sent T'Challa to the US is just a damning indictment on Africans and their capabilities. It's rooted in the colonial era notions of African civilization being impossible without outside stimuli, as though concepts like multistory buildings and urban clusters did not exist before the rise of European colonialism or Islam.

Hudlin's update added a great, complex legacy to the history of Wakanda and opened up nuanced political conversations about their relative absence in African affairs. It expanded the lore and made it so T'Challa was the greatest in a long line of great kings and queens, as opposed to being a man "civilized" by the West and single handedly uplifting a civilization too ignorant to make use of the most versatile material in comics.

If writers want to illustrate T'Challa's contributions to the development of Wakandan culture it should focus on his reforms to Wakandan institutions and his cosmopolitan policies. Maybe up until his reign, Wakandan tech development was conducted by disparate vibranium working guilds, but under him they got consolidated into the Wakandan Design Group. They could still have it so that in the past decade that T'Challa has been king he's constructed new cities with Wakanda's ballooning wealth based off their vibranium sales (which he would've started/accelerated).

T'Challa leading Wakanda into the space age is another huge feat he should've gotten. Which is why having it so that Shuri built the ship that sent him to space and the Wakandan colonies progressing into an empire without any royal oversight was bad. Think about it, T'Challa had NOTHING to do with the current developments in Wakandan space. All he did was get the coordinates.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Hudlin drew attention to what was plainly apparent since T'Challa's debut. There had never been any indication that Wakanda was ever under the thumb of a colonial power, all he did was make that a big part of the narrative that surrounds the IP. As for his decision to have it so Wakanda was always a step ahead of the world, I prefer that as opposed to what we had before. That said, I can admit it did open up the way to the targeted efforts some writers make to have Wakanda get defeated.

Wakanda having access to a literal mcguffin like vibranium but never harnessing that potential until they sent T'Challa to the US is just a damning indictment on Africans and their capabilities. It's rooted in the colonial era notions of African civilization being impossible without outside stimuli, as though concepts like multistory buildings and urban clusters did not exist before the rise of European colonialism or Islam.

Hudlin's update added a great, complex legacy to the history of Wakanda and opened up nuanced political conversations about their relative absence in African affairs. It expanded the lore and made it so T'Challa was the greatest in a long line of great kings and queens, as opposed to being a man "civilized" by the West and single handedly uplifting a civilization too ignorant to make use of the most versatile material in comics.

If writers want to illustrate T'Challa's contributions to the development of Wakandan culture it should focus on his reforms to Wakandan institutions and his cosmopolitan policies. Maybe up until his reign, Wakandan tech development was conducted by disparate vibranium working guilds, but under him they got consolidated into the Wakandan Design Group. They could still have it so that in the past decade that T'Challa has been king he's constructed new cities with Wakanda's ballooning wealth based off their vibranium sales (which he would've started/accelerated).

T'Challa leading Wakanda into the space age is another huge feat he should've gotten. Which is why having it so that Shuri built the ship that sent him to space and the Wakandan colonies progressing into an empire without any royal oversight was bad. Think about it, T'Challa had NOTHING to do with the current developments in Wakandan space. All he did was get the coordinates.
    Hudlin established a WK space program. They use electro magnetism to launch shuttles into orbit. Its seen the honeymoon issue where they visit the Inhumans. And there's an comic where they have a space station in orbit. I cant remember what it's in though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Hudlin established a WK space program. They use electro magnetism to launch shuttles into orbit. Its seen the honeymoon issue where they visit the Inhumans. And there's an comic where they have a space station in orbit. I cant remember what it's in though.
    I know a space program existed but I'm talking a legitimate space presence in terms of outposts and interactions with the wider intergalactic community. Coates is the first writer to really experiment with that on a large scale and he had it so T'Challa contributed nothing to the technical side of the operation or in the actual political management of the space presence. If the IGEW survives past this run and gets reformed into a legit colony of sorts, T'Challa had nothing to do with that development other than beating the Imperials into submission.

I know a space program existed but I'm talking a legitimate space presence in terms of outposts and interactions with the wider intergalactic community. Coates is the first writer to really experiment with that on a large scale and he had it so T'Challa contributed nothing to the technical side of the operation or in the actual political management of the space presence. If the IGEW survives past this run and gets reformed into a legit colony of sorts, T'Challa had nothing to do with that development other than beating the Imperials into submission.
    IMO, imperial Wakanda is an oxymoron.

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Also didn't Don Mcgregor have a giant Panther satellite in space that was used to broadcast T'Challa's engagement to Monica?

The Klaws of Panther story used the Wakandan space station.

Side note..a writer might want to develop A'di the Wakandan space cadet:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/A%27d...ol_1_5_001.png
    Last edited by LastManStanding; 12-26-2020 at 01:24 PM.

It's hard to contribute if it existed 1,960ish years before Tchalla born. The most he could have contributed is helping design the original ship. Lol

But he did build the galactic gateway.

I'm still unclear if its supposed to be five full galaxies or five star systems. Lol
    Last edited by Cville; 12-26-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    Also didn't Don Mcgregor have a giant Panther satellite in space that was used to broadcast T'Challa's engagement to Monica?

The Klaws of Panther story used the Wakandan space station.

Side note..a writer might want to develop A'di the Wakandan space cadet:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/A%27d...ol_1_5_001.png
    Unless Kelly does it, I doubt it. Same with the brother and sister in West Coast Avengers.

I agree with what Hudlin did. I also like the fest T'Challa got from advancing Wakanda from Priest. I would combine the two. The alpha flight, the redistribution of absorbed energy. The social politics. The space presence has been ruined by Coates and I don't think it will or should be explored for atleast 5-10 years.

But I want Wakanda in all aspects to be advanced by T'Challa. It could be a combination of his Wakandan education plus his outside experience (not that western influence caused him to "see the light" so to speak but rather he sees how much the world can use a beacon of light as Hickman out it) which causes him to reveal Wakanda. All in all T'Challa is the GOAT by doing what no other BP did

Astonishing Member

IMO, imperial Wakanda is an oxymoron.
    The way Coates went about it is fine imo. T'Challa had nothing to do with the formation of the empire other than sending those explorers into space, it's a commentary on the potential for Wakanda to become everything it hates and how T'Challa isn't with that.

It's an interesting idea, but it should've been preceded by a period of T'Challa expanding Wakanda's cosmic presence and guiding his civilization into the stars. Now we have a situation where T'Challa is forced to defeat an evil space version of Wakanda and turn them into some kind of colony, completely sidestepping any role he could've played in developing Wakanda into a space power.