Page 748 of 750 FirstFirst ... 248648698738744745746747748749750 LastLast
Results 11,206 to 11,220 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    So is knull connected to Symbiote Killmonger?
    technically he'd have to be, but I'm sure that wasn't Coates intent when he started that arc. I doubt it's brought up in this event.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Would have been finished in this past July, Covid pushed it to April. Feburary will be the first issue out in almost a year.
    I been waiting for dude to leave the book for a long time...

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    technically he'd have to be, but I'm sure that wasn't Coates intent when he started that arc. I doubt it's brought up in this event.
    I'm just waiting for Coates to come out and say he didn't know what was going on with the symbiote like he apparently didn't know the ending to Hickmans run...

T'Challa doesn't do much in the new Avengers issue

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

can you say it or is it very spoilery?

The J-man

It's really a Cap issue. BP gets more to do then some other Avengers. No bad showings to say the least

Those who are still dealing with PTSD from AvX might want to skip this event.

the one thing that I can't get over
    spoilers:
    is T'Challa's casual interactions with Namor, given what transpired in AvX. Given that Namor claims he called the Phoenix to earth and has his army attack the Avengers. I feel like Aaron intentionally had Wolverine and Cap fight him instead of T'Challa. Just felt off. You know anyone who thinks of that story remembers Namor and Wakanda
    end of spoilers
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

It's really a Cap issue. BP gets more to do then some other Avengers. No bad showings to say the least

spoilers:
    is T'Challa's casual interactions with Namor, given what transpired in AvX. Given that Namor claims he called the Phoenix to earth and has his army attack the Avengers. I feel like Aaron intentionally had Wolverine and Cap fight him instead of T'Challa. Just felt off. You know anyone who thinks of that story remembers Namor and Wakanda
    end of spoilers
    I find that a sign of relief. T'Challa and Namor's actions happened years ago and at this point there's no need for them to have a special animosity for one another. Besides, this whole run Namor's problem has been primarily with the US corporate machine and the Avengers as a whole.

He doesn't bear any specific hatred towards T'Challa and I get the impression T'Challa doesn't fear the Phoenix is going to be targeted at Wakanda. Not exclusively at least. Them being impersonal makes sense right now. I'd like them to rekindle their respect for each other in the future but not in the context of some Phoenix-centric event with over a dozen other heroes involved. So keeping them separate is just fine by me tbh. I don't want either of them being shat on though.

unless AvX is no longer canon and the subsequent events of Atlantis atacking Wakanda, and Wakanda retaliating. Then Namor pointing Proxima Midnight and Co there way. Then T'Challa stabbing Namor and leaving him for dead. And anything else in Secret Wars.

Unless all that stuff is erased it should still be a point of contention with these characters. Damage was done, lives were lost, blood was shed. Those events happened in the last 8 to four years. Thats like nothing in comic time. They are both monarchs, Kings, leaders of nations once at war. There was no breaking bread. No peace talks.

If Marvel has retconned that away fine, but I can't ignore it when the story is slapping it right in my face.
    The J-man

The problem is that JA had Namor bring it up on this very Avengers run. When they first encountered Namor he threw it in T'Challas face. So unless it was Retconned within the last couple story arcs it's still canon

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

You people need a smile on your face before the start of the new year...

Get Hectic!

Astonishing Member

unless AvX is no longer canon and the subsequent events of Atlantis atacking Wakanda, and Wakanda retaliating. Then Namor pointing Proxima Midnight and Co there way. Then T'Challa stabbing Namor and leaving him for dead. And anything else in Secret Wars.

Unless all that stuff is erased it should still be a point of contention with these characters. Damage was done, lives were lost, blood was shed. Those events happened in the last 8 to four years. Thats like nothing in comic time. They are both monarchs, Kings, leaders of nations once at war. There was no breaking bread. No peace talks.

If Marvel has retconned that away fine, but I can't ignore it when the story is slapping it right in my face.
    What’s left to say between them though lol. Both their kingdoms were destroyed and both of them lost loved ones. The universe got restored or whatever and Namor died then was revived. They even shared a laugh along the way. I think T’Challa should’ve killed Namor all the way back in Avengers but that’s like 5 years ago, why would they have still have some vendetta given the current circumstances and all that’s transpired since. Them not liking each other is pretty much all we need to see.

Should T’Challa still be trying to kill Namor despite nearly half a decade’s worth of publication basically showing he’s not even thinking about the man? Should Namor be plotting to use the Phoenix solely against Wakanda even though he technically got everything he wanted pre-Secret Wars? Like you said, they’re kings, they’re above petty rivalries when everything’s already been settled. T’Challa is leading the Avengers and Namor’s just one piece of wider network of threats T’Challa is trying to beat, no need to inject unnecessary emotions into it. Namor’s just trying to save Atlantis, T’Challa is just one of many “heroes” standing in his way, there’s no benefit to rehashing a past war.
    Last edited by chief12d; 12-30-2020 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    What’s left to say between them though lol. Both their kingdoms were destroyed and both of them lost loved ones. The universe got restored or whatever and Namor died then was revived. They even shared a laugh along the way. I think T’Challa should’ve killed Namor all the way back in Avengers but that’s like 5 years ago, why would they have still have some vendetta given the current circumstances and all that’s transpired since. Them not liking each other is pretty much all we need to see.

Should T’Challa still be trying to kill Namor despite nearly half a decade’s worth of publication basically showing he’s not even thinking about the man? Should Namor be plotting to use the Phoenix solely against Wakanda even though he technically got everything he wanted pre-Secret Wars? Like you said, they’re kings, they’re above petty rivalries when everything’s already been settled. T’Challa is leading the Avengers and Namor’s just one piece of wider network of threats T’Challa is trying to beat, no need to inject unnecessary emotions into it. Namor’s just trying to save Atlantis, T’Challa is just one of many “heroes” standing in his way, there’s no benefit to rehashing a past war.
    short answer? yes.

long answer: he plays it light, the way we're seeing, and then, once Namor thinks it's all settled and they're friends again, T'Challa cuts his throat.

"This is what happens when you kill Wakandans."