Page 75 of 750 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175575 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Bro, Ororo's now 100% on that Krakoa Mutant supremacist Gestapo isht currently ruling the X-Verse.

Meanwhile, Coates is busy selling wolf tickets in the BP solo.
    Ugh, Gross. Makes it worse that Coates is falling over himself to prop up Storm. When will the nightmare end?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Ugh, Gross. Makes it worse that Coates is falling over himself to prop up Storm. When will the nightmare end?
    I dont think this nightmare is going to end anytime soon.

You know what WOW does? It completely confirms Coates whole deal with the MA rebelling is bullisht. Why? Because THEY kept information hidden from the Royal family and decided to try and fix it on their own. To bad effects. Then aneka tried to act high and mighty about it, ontop of that, there were holes, very obvious glaring holes. Fiest the men were being banished for speaking up, yet none of then went to the golden city? They just wandered around aimlessly? Then one Wakandan girl runs right into the dm facility with ease? Also the dm walked away from T'Challa on tro however thry were still loyal to the throne.

And yes they joined with Tetu because he saved them, BUT they didn't leave when they knew that he was killing Wakandans, no they left when his men started raping women and even then it wasn't until Shuri threaten them. Abd they still hid and didn't defend Wakanda. So no they weren't in thw right, they the whole the monarch doesn't care was bullisht because they didn't report it. And everything was still very much unexplained
    Yes, the opted to investigate the rapist by herself. Wherher or not that was to bad effect is debatable. The rapist is dead. Problem solved. Legality aside there are upsides to dealing with things Punisher style.

As far as them leaving Tetu ... really helping them against tbe hz was the last time they actually worked together. When the people requested their assistence, they refused. They workwd with Tetu when it was convenient to do so and left him high and drywhen it wasn't.

Why did they not side with Tchalla against the People? Because at that pointin the story the Doras were in conflict with the Wakandan government too. Obviously this changes later but at the time they weren't on either side.

Ultimately they played their cards well enought to remain free until Tchalla proved they were wrong about him by granting their independence.

Deleted scene from the Infinity Saga box set

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Do you still read Nobel? I thought the writing went down hill about seven or eight issues in and haven't been keeping up. I know they went on hiatus trying to find a new artist.
    Yeah, I still pick it up. I think maybe they were beginning to go down the mainstream superhero route after they did they whole mystery about who he was and what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Regarding black creators:

Quick show of hands…. how many folks here know that one of the longest-running indy books with the same creative team since day 1 is written, drawn & even colored by an African-American?
    What book is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What book is that?
    As I mentioned earlier, Fred Perry's Gold Digger, from Antarctic Press.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yes, the opted to investigate the rapist by herself. Wherher or not that was to bad effect is debatable. The rapist is dead. Problem solved. Legality aside there are upsides to dealing with things Punisher style.

As far as them leaving Tetu ... really helping them against tbe hz was the last time they actually worked together. When the people requested their assistence, they refused. They workwd with Tetu when it was convenient to do so and left him high and drywhen it wasn't.

Why did they not side with Tchalla against the People? Because at that pointin the story the Doras were in conflict with the Wakandan government too. Obviously this changes later but at the time they weren't on either side.

Ultimately they played their cards well enought to remain free until Tchalla proved they were wrong about him by granting their independence.
    Aneka and the leader of the DM knew about it, they decided on their own that T'Challa was too busy, Aneka kills the rapist then turns herself in and then acts like she shouldn't have to answer for her crimes and acts like the Government is bad.. but the DM are apart of the government, she is responsible. Had they reported it, then that leads to further investigation, and checking the other villages then you know giant ass rape treehouses. Punisher style doesn't work like it does in America because criminals aren't just released from jail a week later or constantly breaking out like in Spidey or Batman. T'Challa puts villains down.

As for Tetu, no they didn't help because Shuri threatened them. They were all for helping Tetu take down T'Challa, they learned the truth about the suicide bombings and still didn't leave him, they were still with him, they only thought about leaving after finding out about the rapes going on and even then they were going to try and wait till T'Challa was overthrown.

You know what would of likely swayed things in their favor? If they turned on Tetu and helped repell them from the Golden city, because, and I'm going to use this because you love throwing this around so much, realistically, helping the King repel terrorists who are killing their people is likely going to be in their favor, yet they hid then had the gall to try and demand they get what they want. So for people who claimed to be looking out for Wakandans they were pretty much doing the opposite of that. Abd this is made worse because Coates didn't actually have any real plan or coherent story to tell about the separation and changing the Monarch behind he didn't like it personally and wanted it gone for his own agenda.

BANNED

As I mentioned earlier, Fred Perry's Gold Digger, from Antarctic Press.
    I used to collect the book years ago.

Aneka and the leader of the DM knew about it, they decided on their own that T'Challa was too busy, Aneka kills the rapist then turns herself in and then acts like she shouldn't have to answer for her crimes and acts like the Government is bad.. but the DM are apart of the government, she is responsible. Had they reported it, then that leads to further investigation, and checking the other villages then you know giant ass rape treehouses. Punisher style doesn't work like it does in America because criminals aren't just released from jail a week later or constantly breaking out like in Spidey or Batman. T'Challa puts villains down.

As for Tetu, no they didn't help because Shuri threatened them. They were all for helping Tetu take down T'Challa, they learned the truth about the suicide bombings and still didn't leave him, they were still with him, they only thought about leaving after finding out about the rapes going on and even then they were going to try and wait till T'Challa was overthrown.

You know what would of likely swayed things in their favor? If they turned on Tetu and helped repell them from the Golden city, because, and I'm going to use this because you love throwing this around so much, realistically, helping the King repel terrorists who are killing their people is likely going to be in their favor, yet they hid then had the gall to try and demand they get what they want. So for people who claimed to be looking out for Wakandans they were pretty much doing the opposite of that. Abd this is made worse because Coates didn't actually have any real plan or coherent story to tell about the separation and changing the Monarch behind he didn't like it personally and wanted it gone for his own agenda.

It's a shame that we have to fix the errors of the story so much in this thread.

BANNED

Bro, one thing I've come to accept over the past few years posting in this thread, is that there are some who engage in a particular form of goal post moving, just for the Hell of it.

They've been on the same journey we've been on throughout the Priest, Hudlin, McDuffie, Mayberry and Kiss years, dropping their pearls of disinformation at every opportunity.

Now with Ta Nehisi Coates at the BP writing reigns, they've found the "perfect" writer to celebrate as he weaves his bloated tales filled with wilful inaccuracies for their reading pleasure.

T'Challa's pedigree as a compelling protagonist, was always know to these individuals.

They just chose to ignore same even as they pushed the false narrative that T'Challa was a street level character on par with Daredevil as opposed to being a metahuman in his own right.

Oddly enough, some of them also seem to show up on other threads dedicated to appreciating characters like Blade, Blue Marvel and Nighthawk, with the same commentary leaning towards limiting the characters in question to lesser status under the guise of "positive" criticism.

Irrespective of how groundbreaking the Black Panther movie was, T'Challa was and still is, a boss character.

Folks who can't appreciate that paradigm will always stay moving goalposts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I used to collect the book years ago.
    I was actually the moderator of the GD message board on AP's old website, before they were shut down. I stopped getting the book for financial reasons, and then sort of forgot about it. *blush*

You know what would of likely swayed things in their favor? If they turned on Tetu and helped repell them from the Golden city, because, and I'm going to use this because you love throwing this around so much, realistically, helping the King repel terrorists who are killing their people is likely going to be in their favor, yet they hid then had the gall to try and demand they get what they want.
    And they got what they wanted!

Pardon my Wakandan, but Mka "realism". Gimme my Afro-futurist adventures, Bastdammit!

Except T'Challa doens't put villains down anymore than most other heroes do. Man Ape gets captured and escapes just like any other villain in the MU, because that's how it pretty much has to work. Yes, Killmonger and Man Ape were both killed by it wasn't by T'Challa. When Man Ape is beaten he usually gets the same "punishment" the Midnight Angels got... he gets to chill in the Jabari lands. If nothing else, T'Challa is consistant with his verdicts.

And yes, in theory helping T'Challa againt the People might very well help win over T'CHallas favor. But given they were enemies with the Wakandan government at the time, it was a risky move and since they ended up getting their indepenence anyways that would have been an unecessary risk.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Except T'Challa doens't put villains down anymore than most other heroes do. Man Ape gets captured and escapes just like any other villain in the MU, because that's how it pretty much has to work. Yes, Killmonger and Man Ape were both killed by it wasn't by T'Challa. When Man Ape is beaten he usually gets the same "punishment" the Midnight Angels got... he gets to chill in the Jabari lands. If nothing else, T'Challa is consistant with his verdicts.

And yes, in theory helping T'Challa againt the People might very well help win over T'CHallas favor. But given they were enemies with the Wakandan government at the time, it was a risky move and since they ended up getting their indepenence anyways that would have been an unecessary risk.
    I have a rather simple & straightforward question for you, XPac:

Is there anything Coates has done that you consider unjustifiable?

That is, that makes no sense, is bad for the book, and/or is just poorly written?

I have a rather simple & straightforward question for you, XPac:

Is there anything Coates has done that you consider unjustifiable?

That is, that makes no sense, is bad for the book, and/or is just poorly written?
    Hmmm....

I think retconning Bast into being Wakandans that became gods through prayer was too much of a retcon. It messes with the whole thing with them being Egyptian gods too much. Bast orign does give him a bit more wiggle room as it's sort of unclear where she came from in the mythology. But it was weird.

But as far as poorly written... yeah, there's lots of little things here and there. Most of it excusable, but not what I would consider good writing. If he's going to call for help against an intergalactic invasion, he should obviously contact the Avengers rather than a pick up team with some of his friends who aren't necessarily well suite for fighting an alien invasion. He's the freaking leader of the Avengers so it's just common sense. But if he wants to use a couple minority charactrs who frankly aren't getting any spotlight these days, more power to him.

Really you can nit pick any story if want. See Wakanda and Die is my favorite BP story of all time, but I still find it silly Storm does nothing but fight with a spear or a knife. BUt I get why its done and I love the story overall, so no real harm done. Really it takes a lot to REALLY bother me. Shuri basically committing Suicide in Time Runs Out and T'CHalla leaving her to die for example... that was inexcusible. Most other stuff I can just shrug off if I like the story enough.