Page 88 of 750 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188588 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 11243
    Astonishing Member

From what was said in the video it looks like T’Challa may not be the main character of the the tie-ins. The guy said that he’d be busy with the Avengers (presumably in space) while the AoW, led by Okoye, mount a defense of the kingdom. Hopefully T’Challa’s role ends up being more than what’s suggested but since issue 3 of Empyre is set to take place in Wakanda I’m expecting him to at least be present for the early stages of the invasion.

And I agree with Cville that this may be around the time Coates gets off the book. I wouldn’t be surprised at a relaunch post-Empyre or towards the end of the year since Marvel’s gotta be realizing the book is failing by now. Hopefully with T’Challa as chairman and Wakanda being a major backer of the Avengers the next writer depicts a confident, commanding king.

It’s interesting that Aaron doesn’t seem to have much of a role in this event, though. I think he has a few loose ends to tie up for his run but if the book relaunches come next year or so, I think Ewing would be a great writer for a BP-led Avengers. It’d help cement him in the role and make him central to whatever major stories he tells like in Ultimates.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Looking at this cover, I am NOT EXCITED for this!!! I too feel that Wakanda will be taking another "L" . Why Marvel, why?!?!

It would be nice if Zub proves me wrong, but seeing the way Marvel has been for the past few years, I think it an "L" for Wakanda.

1st Coates, now Zub......Black Panther fans aren't allowed to have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    From what was said in the video it looks like T’Challa may not be the main character of the the tie-ins. The guy said that he’d be busy with the Avengers (presumably in space) while the AoW, led by Okoye, mount a defense of the kingdom. Hopefully T’Challa’s role ends up being more than what’s suggested but since issue 3 of Empyre is set to take place in Wakanda I’m expecting him to at least be present for the early stages of the invasion.

And I agree with Cville that this may be around the time Coates gets off the book. I wouldn’t be surprised at a relaunch post-Empyre or towards the end of the year since Marvel’s gotta be realizing the book is failing by now. Hopefully with T’Challa as chairman and Wakanda being a major backer of the Avengers the next writer depicts a confident, commanding king.

It’s interesting that Aaron doesn’t seem to have much of a role in this event, though. I think he has a few loose ends to tie up for his run but if the book relaunches come next year or so, I think Ewing would be a great writer for a BP-led Avengers. It’d help cement him in the role and make him central to whatever major stories he tells like in Ultimates.
    Looks like Tchalla will be in WK too. Just on a different battlefield.

Wakanda is the battleground—as the Avengers and the FF unite to prevent a vibranium-powered threat to all life as we know it! A long-lost Avenger returns to active duty—but will that be enough to turn the tide? And in space, interstellar intrigue threatens the fragile Kree/Skrull alliance...and the repercussions might just doom planet Earth!

This is written by Al Ewing and Dan Slott, so fingers crossed for a good showing.

"Tiger God, I choose you" lol
    Last edited by Cville; 02-11-2020 at 06:57 PM.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post

Wakanda is the battleground—as the Avengers and the FF unite to prevent a vibranium-powered threat to all life as we know it! A long-lost Avenger returns to active duty—but will that be enough to turn the tide? And in space, interstellar intrigue threatens the fragile Kree/Skrull alliance...and the repercussions might just doom planet Earth!

This is written by Al Ewing and Dan Slott, so fingers crossed for a good showing.

I think the long lost Avenger to return is the Scarlet Witch due to WandaVision.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    I think the long lost Avenger to return is the Scarlet Witch due to WandaVision.
    spoilers:
    The article said there was a Captain Marvel variant cover, so it could be him.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post

I trust Ewing to make good choices

After who knows how many stories/events that involved Wakanda Wakanda getting attacked, it would be nice to see the Prowlers actually used for their purpose instead of attacking Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    After who knows how many stories/events that involved Wakanda Wakanda getting attacked, it would be nice to see the Prowlers actually used for their purpose instead of attacking Wakanda.
    I've already gotten a bad feeling about that. Why are we not seeing the king lead his own army? I think that if this Empyre invasion is going to be this big then I figure T'challa would have to ball out like he did in See Wakanda and Die! Not sure if it's going to go down like on the cover but I don't get Black Panther going into battle with AOW. Hopefully we do get writing that doesn't treat Wakanda and T'challa as basic. If not the figuratively speaking, Wakanda will have fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I've already gotten a bad feeling about that. Why are we not seeing the king lead his own army? I think that if this Empyre invasion is going to be this big then I figure T'challa would have to ball out like he did in See Wakanda and Die! Not sure if it's going to go down like on the cover but I don't get Black Panther going into battle with AOW. Hopefully we do get writing that doesn't treat Wakanda and T'challa as basic. If not the figuratively speaking, Wakanda will have fallen.
    Hell be fight with a mashup if Avengers and FF. Taking on a monster that uses Vibranium. At least that what the solicit says.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Wakanda isn't half destroyed and if both T'Challa and Wakanda pull off some impressive feats.

We need a win.

I think that's the biggest thing. As you said Marvell, Wakanda needs a win. So very badly it needs a win. T'Challa needs to be making grandmaster chess player moves here. But the most important thing, is that if Marvel is saying this takes place in Wakandan land, then T'Challa needs to be the focal point. Of anyone else is then that's just bullisht

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    As others have mentioned, this looks interesting. After their last defeat I'm sure the Skrulls are hungry for revenge.
    I think this is just a logical story. I hope it can live up to the original.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I hope it can live up to the original.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I think that's the biggest thing. As you said Marvell, Wakanda needs a win. So very badly it needs a win. T'Challa needs to be making grandmaster chess player moves here. But the most important thing, is that if Marvel is saying this takes place in Wakandan land, then T'Challa needs to be the focal point. Of anyone else is then that's just bullisht
    Whether or not they win probably depends on what part of the story it takes place in. If its the end, obviously the heroes will come together to defeat the big bad.

If it's more towards the middle, the bad guys will probably suceed in getting the vibranium they need to create their vibranium threat so the heroes can defeat it later.