Page 89 of 750 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189589 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I think this is just a logical story. I hope it can live up to the original.
    For the pwople on this board at least that likely won't be possible as it was sort of a Wakandan Bravehart story.

See Wakanda and Die was a story about just Wakanda. This has the Avengers and FF, who will likely do the heavy lifting. It might still be cool, but it likely won't be the same.
    Last edited by XPac; 02-12-2020 at 08:06 AM.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Black Panther & Agents of Wakanda came out today. It's a good issue with T'Challa taking the lead.

If anyone else has read it, thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Black Panther & Agents of Wakanda came out today. It's a good issue with T'Challa taking the lead.

If anyone else has read it, thoughts?
    It was pretty average.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    It was pretty average.
    Two issue arcs simply doesn't work.

Not enough time to get into anything really.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

The plot wasn't going to get any better being longer. I think it was just an uninteresting topic. And no jump out of your seat moments to help create atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    It was pretty average.
    Alright, but at least it was a fun short story were T'Challa was not incompetent.

For now this & the Avengers is what we got, regarding Black Panther.

Comic fans today are just more used to 6 or 12 issue arcs fit for trade I guess, because back in the day stories being one and done were the norm.

If it get's past 10-12 issues, they'll get to longer arcs though likely it probably won't. Some of that stuff happening in AoW will likely get resolved in Avengers.

WGTC are back at it again. Instead of Shuri BP replacing T'Challa in the sequel, they're saying Shuri as BP from another reality will be appearing in DS 2. Getting paid to right that stuff must be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I think that's the biggest thing. As you said Marvell, Wakanda needs a win. So very badly it needs a win. T'Challa needs to be making grandmaster chess player moves here. But the most important thing, is that if Marvel is saying this takes place in Wakandan land, then T'Challa needs to be the focal point. Of anyone else is then that's just bullisht
    Agreed, the last thing we should see is the King and his kingdom being used as a prop while all these other characters occupy and kick stuff around in Wakanda while the nation just gets smashed for "reasons" I have no problem drawing parallels between how Carol is getting focus and upgrades and all kinds of development and the story isn't directly about her. Not feeling the narrative of AOW leading national defense. When do we see the might of the most advanced nation on the planet hard flex in the Invasion. Second as King of Wakanda a targeted nation or as the leader of the Avengers I want to see general, and strategist in full effect. If not in space then at least on earth.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

aow was ok. I wish there were more black faces but whatever.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Agreed, the last thing we should see is the King and his kingdom being used as a prop while all these other characters occupy and kick stuff around in Wakanda while the nation just gets smashed for "reasons" I have no problem drawing parallels between how Carol is getting focus and upgrades and all kinds of development and the story isn't directly about her. Not feeling the narrative of AOW leading national defense. When do we see the might of the most advanced nation on the planet hard flex in the Invasion. Second as King of Wakanda a targeted nation or as the leader of the Avengers I want to see general, and strategist in full effect. If not in space then at least on earth.
    That's the biggest Thing. Wakanda has yet to Flex it's muscles on panel in it's glory since SWaD, before that somewhat WitBP but we have never seen a straight up flex of Wakandas might, we get glances but never any sort of full scope. After TRO, SE, and all of Coates nonsense, Wakanda needs a win. T'Challa needs to show why he was made chairman.

The thing that bothers me the most is that writers these day's think that, in order for the plot and the "stakes" to be high, they have to smash a nation or something in order to do it. MCU got it right, in IW, Wakanda beats back the outriders, show the fighting spirit of the nation and how they were able to far very well despite having zero Time to prep. They won the fight but still the plot was able to proceed with Thanos getting the stone. If it were the comics, Thanos and co would of pulled a tro without the whole deal of Wakanda repelling the invasion first.

You can move the plot without punking a nation or any character by having them win while still "losing" the macguffin. Which at this point is all I can hope for

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    WGTC are back at it again. Instead of Shuri BP replacing T'Challa in the sequel, they're saying Shuri as BP from another reality will be appearing in DS 2. Getting paid to right that stuff must be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That's the biggest Thing. Wakanda has yet to Flex it's muscles on panel in it's glory since SWaD, before that somewhat WitBP but we have never seen a straight up flex of Wakandas might, we get glances but never any sort of full scope. After TRO, SE, and all of Coates nonsense, Wakanda needs a win. T'Challa needs to show why he was made chairman.

The thing that bothers me the most is that writers these day's think that, in order for the plot and the "stakes" to be high, they have to smash a nation or something in order to do it. MCU got it right, in IW, Wakanda beats back the outriders, show the fighting spirit of the nation and how they were able to far very well despite having zero Time to prep. They won the fight but still the plot was able to proceed with Thanos getting the stone. If it were the comics, Thanos and co would of pulled a tro without the whole deal of Wakanda repelling the invasion first.

You can move the plot without punking a nation or any character by having them win while still "losing" the macguffin. Which at this point is all I can hope for
    In "Strum Und Drang", Wakanda got to Flex hard. Wakanda took on three nations at the same time.

But, that's was over 15 years ago. Wakanda needs a win.
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 02-12-2020 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I wouldn't hate that but yeah, they are just throwing **** out there as fast as passble
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html