Page 97 of 750 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197597 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It kinda bothered me how for Shuri they put. Princess of Wakanda: designer, engineer, builder. And driver, and for T'Challa.. The Black panther, son of T'Chaka (here for moral support) chairman of Avengers, genius, most dangerous man alive, hell not even throwing in king..
    The amount of disrespect man...
    My bro the agenda is here, to note that the the two black males on each side are posted up in support roles. To be honest I'm getting sick of the Shuri character as a whole. Its a shame and I'm wondering if she's so great give her a book and see if it will be supported more than T'challa Black Panther books. If not, then put her in a lab and let her chill there. I hate sounding like a jaded Hal Jordan fan, but hell!!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Were the X-Men ever removed from the "top of the pecking order"? They always have an ongoing, frequently had their line re-launched no matter how poorly their books did and their characters were constantly being re-invented to appeal to readers. This just feels like pandering to the X-franchise's already obnoxious persecution complex.
    In the 80's and 90's Claremonts X-Men were clearly the top franchise of marvel, but you can make the arguement that the Avengers franchises took that spot when Bendis' star rose. Right now it's probably fair to say the X-Men are again the top franchise at least in published comics... though the Avengers franchise overall likely is still the undisputed crown jewel of the marvel due to the MCU.

But you're right in saying the X franchise was always A top one. Just not always THE top one. It never even came close to really going away.

It kinda bothered me how for Shuri they put. Princess of Wakanda: designer, engineer, builder. And driver, and for T'Challa.. The Black panther, son of T'Chaka (here for moral support) chairman of Avengers, genius, most dangerous man alive, hell not even throwing in king..
    The amount of disrespect man...
    They could have put king instead of son of T'Chaka.

But the labels in this specific context was just to emphasize that the Wakandan car was purely. I think marvel wants to really sell the idea that Shuri is a top tech person (something that's a new retcon to the comics at least), and this wasn't done with the help of her very very very smart brother. Essentially the descriptions were purely in relation to the cars and the roles people had in building them rather than being more thorough resumes for the character.

It should probably be noted that this story is written by Vita Ayala, a non-binary creator who has primarily written female characters.

It's quite likely that they intend this story to be Shuri-centric, so naturally, she gets the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Ezyo1000 there is also a Windows version of Affinity Photo as well as it's sister app Affinity Designer!

I have not used Affinity Designer yet but I do have it on my computer for future video game making!

Keep this in mind as far as budget goes... Yes, you can wear Chuck Taylor Converse gym shoes on the basketball court but it is generally better to make the Footlocker investment and get the proper gear for your bunions not to swell up so much!

I have various software used by industry professionals because at some point you have to legitimately compete with your upper class peers... Master Artist Mshindo told me that BTW!

Eventually you will be required to make some sort of investment unless it's just a hobby...

There is of course open source (free) software like Blender...

https://www.blender.org

Or if you are really feeling high tech you could download Unreal which was used for the Batman Arkham game as well as Vader Immortal...

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/

Unreal is free until you start making money and then you owe a 5% royalty off what you earned!

I recommend using student versions of most software to test if you like and then purchase later according to the project budget!

Before we derail the thread any further I'll list my most used software...

Zbrush

Lightwave

Marvelous Designer

Substance Painter

Flame Painter

Amberlight

Affinity Photo

Photoshop

Apple Motion

And a gang of plugins too many to name...
    I appreciate the information Flex! Of course for now it's just getting into it just to see what I can convert over from paper as I would sink cash into it. It's just a hobby now, but with little kids and getting to the age where gaming competitively is for the young guys in their early 20s, I think this will be a nice change of pace. I will save these lists here and start researching to see Which one will work best. I am very much appreciate the info!

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    It should probably be noted that this story is written by Vita Ayala, a non-binary creator who has primarily written female characters.

It's quite likely that they intend this story to be Shuri-centric, so naturally, she gets the spotlight.
    That's fine if she wants to make it Shuri centric.. but "Son of T'Chaka"? That's the title he gets? Can't even be bothered to atleast address his Royal title? If you didn't know who BP was, you would wonder wtf the title "Son of T'Chaka" even meant.

It's fine if they are wanting to establish Shuri. But they need to remember who's name and face is on the title and who keeps the lights on. Out some respect on the name.

Black Panther #20 15,142. 524 less than the previous issue.

BP: AoW #5 10,041. 427 less than the previous issue.

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...0/2020-01.html
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 02-17-2020 at 11:29 AM.

That's fine if she wants to make it Shuri centric.. but "Son of T'Chaka"? That's the title he gets? Can't even be bothered to atleast address his Royal title? If you didn't know who BP was, you would wonder wtf the title "Son of T'Chaka" even meant.

It's fine if they are wanting to establish Shuri. But they need to remember who's name and face is on the title and who keeps the lights on. Out some respect on the name.
    She might be forward thinking. That King title isn't supposed to mean anything now anyway. Putting it in his profile might make someone think he's in charge of something. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

BP: AoW #5 10,04. 427 less than the previous issue.

I can't wait to hear the spin on this one:

"See! Sales are leveling off! The fans are coming back!" :P

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Wow....man.

Yet, the Coates run continues.

I can see why Zub is doing an "Invasion of Wakanda" storyline.

I can understand the low sales for the Coates run, but people should give AoW a try.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

She shouldn't throw shade at T'Challa to boast Shuri. I guess she's like another Roxanne Gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    She shouldn't throw shade at T'Challa to boast Shuri. I guess she's like another Roxanne Gay.
    Apparently, Ayala uses "they" pronouns. I consider it only polite to do the same.

Interesting....Coates' Captain America dropped in sales as well.

The sad thing is that Marvel get a new creative team for Captain America and let Coates still write BP, even if BP dropped to 11k in sales.

The heart of Wakanda — its mighty store of Vibranium — comes under threat as the villains of EMPYRE launch their invasion of Earth! Black Panther's Agents of Wakanda form the front line against the alien invasion, but the enemy's powers are vast and unknown. With T'Challa off fighting alongside the Avengers, General Okoye is in charge — and even with the superhumans are her disposal, she may find herself outmatched.

The tag-team action comes home! Wakanda is the battleground – as the Avengers and the FF unite to prevent a Vibranium-powered threat to all life as we know it! A long-lost Avenger returns to active duty – but will that be enough to turn the tide? And in space, interstellar intrigue threatens the fragile Kree/Skrull alliance…and the repercussions might just doom planet Earth!