Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Static is for some reason blocked from use in the comics - Bendis did want him on the team - despite being used in the Young Justice TV show (which is odd. If the comics can't use Milestone characters, why can the cartoon, which also uses Icon and Rocket?).
    Probably different contracts for use in comics and use in animation.

For what it's worth, Greg Weisman said that when it came to making season 3, there was suddenly a problem using Milestone characters, then just as suddenly it was okay again: https://s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/archives.php?lid=617

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post

For what it's worth, Greg Weisman said that when it came to making season 3, there was suddenly a problem using Milestone characters, then just as suddenly it was okay again: https://s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/archives.php?lid=617
    They were also not able to use Milestone characters on the covers for the last few issues of the comic, so they had to edit already solicited covers.

So this problem has been going on since 2013 at least then. I see Static's New 52 solo book also only lasted eight issues - for the same reason?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-07-2020 at 12:52 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Haven't had time to enjoy the great YJ comic / cartoon. Darn cancer (thankfully now going away from a dear family member). I do reward myself with a toy here / there. A fun reminder of childhood when things were easier. So I started (and invite all YJ experts to) this really fun new Toy Thread!

So this problem has been going on since 2013 at least then. I see Static's New 52 solo book also only lasted eight issues - for the same reason?
    Nope. It was a poorly handled title, under a "my way or the highway" editor who seemed to have little to no respect for most established lore for Static, and who belatedly informed the former Milestone writer (John Rozum) he hired that said writer was only there to script dialogue for the artist, who was going to be the actual writer, despite said artist never having written a comic before. It went, well, even worse than you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post

So I guess that means no Static from Young Justice themed merchandise? Don't need an action figure or anything like that, I'd just settle for a cool logo shirt.

I will say its sad to hear what the New 52 writer had to deal with.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Nope. It was a poorly handled title, under a "my way or the highway" editor who seemed to have little to no respect for most established lore for Static,
    Doesn't that apply to ALL New 52 books except for Batman and Green Lantern? It was a reboot!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Doesn't that apply to ALL New 52 books except for Batman and Green Lantern? It was a reboot!
    The idea that Static was so old and overloaded with a confusing history/lore/continuity after less than 20 years of existence, much of which he wasn't appearing in any comics, and was more well-known for his cartoon on Kids Wb!, to the point that he needed a reboot to be "saved," is laughable. What about Static's history or status quo needed to be rebooted, exactly?

Mighty Member

It would make more sense for Rose to join the Teen Titans than Young Justice, because Wallace West is there, who she worked with in Deathstroke's Defiance team. Of course, Terra was there as well.

Static is for some reason blocked from use in the comics - Bendis did want him on the team - despite being used in the Young Justice TV show (which is odd. If the comics can't use Milestone characters, why can the cartoon, which also uses Icon and Rocket?).

It's definitely odd that Geoforce - and Halo - aren't in the current Batman and the Outsiders series. Metamorpho has an excuse for not being on that team as he's with The Terrifics instead, but the other two are definitely available.

Miss Martian and Raven are both currently still meant to be Titans - the team didn't disband when the book was axed.

Blue Beetle is the only one of those names who could join either the Teen Titans or Young Justice. Titans is more likely since that's currently in a transitional stage (only four known members as of May as they're losing Robin and Djinn).
    I hope that Static can join later...

I hope/expect that now sooner or later Dicks Team comes back together in the Rebirth Beginning Group: Donna,Lilith,Tempest,Wally,Nightwing,Arsenal,...ma ybe Bumblebee or so...
    So Raven and Miss Martian would be free to move on...

I hope for:
    Titans Team A: Nightwing,Wally,Tempest,Arsenal,Lilith,Donna,.....
    Titans Team B: Tim,Bart,Conner,Cassie,Static,Miss Martian,Raven,....

The Pre-Flashpoint TT Team (Johns) and the Rebirth Titans Team...

In the picture which someone posted here (Flash 750) we see Cassie,Bart,Conner,Tim....AND RAVEN!!

So I hope that there is a chance to see this team together again..

The Johns TT was more experienced,much more powerful and also much more interesting than the current YJ Team...

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I thought today's issue of Young Justice was pretty fun! Oeming's art was a highlight - kinda wish he could take over as main artist, but I know John Timms has the title right now. I was very impressed with the way every character got some good character moments in the massive fight. And the tease at the end was really fun.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Been reading the YJ tie in comics. They have been great so far.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

"What the whattt?" cracked me up. I was never especially a fan but seeing her again made me suddenly miss her...!

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    "What the whattt?" cracked me up. I was never especially a fan but seeing her again made me suddenly miss her...!
    Was that one of her old catch phrases?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Was that one of her old catch phrases?
    I don't recall it being her catch phrase. My impression was that she was just taken completely off guard by Bart's appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    I don't recall it being her catch phrase. My impression was that she was just taken completely off guard by Bart's appearance.
    I thought it was pretty funny myself.