Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Young Justice Appreciation 2020

Discuss all versions of Young Justice here.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Will Justice Cave make a return?

ICO001121._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah I think I'm done supporting this book, it's not that there was anything even particularly offensive in this preview but it's just more of the same unfunny banter that goes on and on while saying absolutely nothing of note.

It's not even that I don't enjoy a book that can make me laugh (the current Mary Jane solo one of the funniest books I've ever read) but Bendis seems to be under the belief that epitome of wit is having characters either state the obvious, repeat each other or mention how weird comics can be.

I love the old series and these characters but I just can't do another year of this, good luck everyone.

Happy New Year to the coolest teen heroes .
    Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Yeah I think I'm done supporting this book, it's not that there was anything even particularly offensive in this preview but it's just more of the same unfunny banter that goes on and on while saying absolutely nothing of note.

It's not even that I don't enjoy a book that can make me laugh (the current Mary Jane solo one of the funniest books I've ever read) but Bendis seems to be under the belief that epitome of wit is having characters either state the obvious, repeat each other or mention how weird comics can be.

I love the old series and these characters but I just can't do another year of this, good luck everyone.
    I'm just wondering if this series is going anywhere.

Incredible Member

Preview has some good content.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to the coolest teen heroes .

I'm just wondering if this series is going anywhere.
    The book has literally gone in a circle, the team is exactly where they were at the start right down to Conner once again missing in another dimension.

Whatever great reveal or explanation Bendis is clearly stalling for likely won't be satisfying or worth the wait if how the conclusions of Levithan and Rogol Zaar are anything to go by.

This was the last of his books I was still reading and frankly I think I'll have a more enjoyable 2020 in the world of comics being entirely free of him as his writing clearly doesn't agree with me.