Mighty Member

Default DCAMU going forward...

So, over the next few years how long do you think it will take for a continuity that we got from 2013 will happen again? I think that the animated movies do a great job of doing standalone movies with some connections between the films and gradually brought a connected universe. It's a good blueprint that I think the DCEU could use, honestly. I would imagine for now it'll be the same with standalone and then gradually build the connected universe back in, hopefully even better than the first one. I'm hoping for more GL movies and WW. I think it's a bright future for the line. Looking forward to 2021 with Soul of the Dragon, JSA WWII and The Long Halloween.

BANNED

I think based on the ending of Darkseid War that universe will be rebooted. Starting over every 10 years to get new people on board doesn't sound like a bad idea and generally follows the trend of updating heroes for each generation.

I think we can expect more WW and GL, since those two franchises, Batman, Superman, Justice League, and Suicide Squad are the only properties to get their own films so far. It seems as though Flash and Aquaman aren't considered popular enough, so they best they get is the lead role in a Justice League film (Flashpoint Paradox; Throne of Atlantis).

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 12-12-2020 at 05:25 PM.

A movie based on one of the milestone properties would be sweet. Static and Icon being the obvious choices.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I don't think they're gonna do a shared universe for a while. My guess is they ended that universe because they don't want to keep forcing a connection between movies that isn't there naturally. If they just want to do straight adaptations of stories from the comics, they don't have to think about which one fits in where in the timeline. If you don't like one property, you shouldn't have to buy it just to follow what's going on in a property you do like. Their best stuff is the stand alone stuff IMO.
    Assassinate Putin!

RIP superboy, we barely got to know ya, amd you seemed like you could have been awesome, thanks DC