Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we have enough proper Lanterns at the moment.
    By the time she's old enough, Hal, John and Guy will be geezers.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I think we have enough proper Lanterns at the moment.

Not sure how I'd feel about Bendis on a GL book (unless it was a Teen Lantern solo/mini?).

Love Lafuente too .
    Everyone says "we have enough," but they keep creating new ones (of Lanterns and Bats. Not so much of Wonder Woman or Superman supporting characters...despite the fact that both of those characters have had two pretty hard reboots in the last ten years...maybe reboots are actually contrary to creative decisions after all...)

I think Bendis's Batman Universe would have fit a Lantern better than Batman.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Everyone says "we have enough," but they keep creating new ones (of Lanterns and Bats. Not so much of Wonder Woman or Superman supporting characters...despite the fact that both of those characters have had two pretty hard reboots in the last ten years...maybe reboots are actually contrary to creative decisions after all...)

I think Bendis's Batman Universe would have fit a Lantern better than Batman.
    And unlike the Bat-Franchise, the GL franchise just doesn't have the pedigree and popularity to be able to focus on or spotlight all these different Lantern characters (and even with that in mind most Bat-Books can only do an "okay" job with all their characters nowadays).

I haven't read Batman Universe but I'm always wary of Bendis on Cosmic characters, although he's done a better job on Superman then I would've expected.

And unlike the Bat-Franchise, the GL franchise just doesn't have the pedigree and popularity to be able to focus on or spotlight all these different Lantern characters (and even with that in mind most Bat-Books can only do an "okay" job with all their characters nowadays).

I haven't read Batman Universe but I'm always wary of Bendis on Cosmic characters, although he's done a better job on Superman then I would've expected.
    It used to have the popularity to have tons of characters.

Given some of the comments coming from Mairghread Scott today, I think the "only okay" aspect of some or even most of the Batfamily is at the very least partly because of pure idiocy in management, destroying writer's ability to build them up.

I think Batman Universe is fun in terms of writing, but the primary draw is the art (which crosses over into Young Justice with Nick Derington's Jinny Hex backstory sequences, which are a direct sequel to what happens in Batman Universe.)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

It used to have the popularity to have tons of characters.

Given some of the comments coming from Mairghread Scott today, I think the "only okay" aspect of some or even most of the Batfamily is at the very least partly because of pure idiocy in management, destroying writer's ability to build them up.

I think Batman Universe is fun in terms of writing, but the primary draw is the art (which crosses over into Young Justice with Nick Derington's Jinny Hex backstory sequences, which are a direct sequel to what happens in Batman Universe.)
    I know, but the franchise is just not as popular as it was during the Johns era, unfortunately, and now it can only carry two titles at most.

That really sucks about what happened to Mairghead Scott (I did get a laugh at Bryan Q. Miller being all "I've been there, sister.").

I know, but the franchise is just not as popular as it was during the Johns era, unfortunately, and now it can only carry two titles at most.

That really sucks about what happened to Mairghead Scott (I did get a laugh at Bryan Q. Miller being all "I've been there, sister.").
    It isn't. But it probably could be, if it had writing and importantly, promotion, that could reach a wide audience.

BQM with the great gif, as always.

But, yeah. Comic writing groups tend to be so intensely cliquey, often to extremely negative consequences.

It isn't. But it probably could be, if it had writing and importantly, promotion, that could reach a wide audience.
    I don't disagree, but it's probably not something we're going to see with the franchise at the moment...although I'm hopeful for the HBOMax series.

I don't disagree, but it's probably not something we're going to see with the franchise at the moment...although I'm hopeful for the HBOMax series.
    Well.

I wish in general that comics got better promotion. Young Justice should be much bigger, given the TV show. But sadly, no.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post

That main cover is so cool looking!

I think if Bart was really serious about getting away, Conner wouldn't be able to keep up with him.

I think if Bart was really serious about getting away, Conner wouldn't be able to keep up with him.
    Oh, dear, let's not get into speed levels. I have Up in the Sky comment related frustration.

Oh, dear, let's not get into speed levels. I have Up in the Sky comment related frustration.
    I wasn't trying to dredge up any Speed Levels arguments, just talking about how it should be on-paper .

Well they were neck and neck pre Flashpoint in a race and now Conner is clearly right in front of him after Bart took off, so Conners speed is no joke.

I think whoever pushes themselves hardest wins in these type of on page scenarios