Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Young Justice Appreciation 2020

Discuss all versions of Young Justice here.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Will Justice Cave make a return?

ICO001121._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah I think I'm done supporting this book, it's not that there was anything even particularly offensive in this preview but it's just more of the same unfunny banter that goes on and on while saying absolutely nothing of note.

It's not even that I don't enjoy a book that can make me laugh (the current Mary Jane solo one of the funniest books I've ever read) but Bendis seems to be under the belief that epitome of wit is having characters either state the obvious, repeat each other or mention how weird comics can be.

I love the old series and these characters but I just can't do another year of this, good luck everyone.

Happy New Year to the coolest teen heroes .
    Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Yeah I think I'm done supporting this book, it's not that there was anything even particularly offensive in this preview but it's just more of the same unfunny banter that goes on and on while saying absolutely nothing of note.

It's not even that I don't enjoy a book that can make me laugh (the current Mary Jane solo one of the funniest books I've ever read) but Bendis seems to be under the belief that epitome of wit is having characters either state the obvious, repeat each other or mention how weird comics can be.

I love the old series and these characters but I just can't do another year of this, good luck everyone.
    I'm just wondering if this series is going anywhere.

Incredible Member

Preview has some good content.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to the coolest teen heroes .

I'm just wondering if this series is going anywhere.
    The book has literally gone in a circle, the team is exactly where they were at the start right down to Conner once again missing in another dimension.

Whatever great reveal or explanation Bendis is clearly stalling for likely won't be satisfying or worth the wait if how the conclusions of Levithan and Rogol Zaar are anything to go by.

This was the last of his books I was still reading and frankly I think I'll have a more enjoyable 2020 in the world of comics being entirely free of him as his writing clearly doesn't agree with me.

Incredible Member

Just read the new issue. They definitely cover a lot more ground in this issue than they have since #6.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Just read the new issue. They definitely cover a lot more ground in this issue than they have since #6.
    Hopefully that's the case, and hopefully it's enough to keep my interest because right now I'm pretty sure I'm done with this book.

I've supported Bendis' work at DC to varying degrees (with his main Superman book being best, imo), but his Young Justice book seems to really highlight all of his absolute worse instincts and flaws as a creator.

It's a book with absolutely no direction, and surprisingly minimal character work past the first 3 or 4 issues. I'm not anticipating anything when I read this book, and I never feel like I'm building towards anything in this. It just feels like it's getting by on the fact that it's brought these character back, and that it's a fairly shallow idea of a teen and team book.

I was waiting for the other shoe to drop, but I figure not every one of these books needs to be for me.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Hopefully that's the case, and hopefully it's enough to keep my interest because right now I'm pretty sure I'm done with this book.

I've supported Bendis' work at DC to varying degrees (with his main Superman book being best, imo), but his Young Justice book seems to really highlight all of his absolute worse instincts and flaws as a creator.

It's a book with absolutely no direction, and surprisingly minimal character work past the first 3 or 4 issues. I'm not anticipating anything when I read this book, and I never feel like I'm building towards anything in this. It just feels like it's getting by on the fact that it's brought these character back, and that it's a fairly shallow idea of a teen and team book.

I was waiting for the other shoe to drop, but I figure not every one of these books needs to be for me.
    If it helps, they definitely have 2 mission based objectives now and it seems like this upcoming arc will resolve the Superboy arc Bendis set up back in #3.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

I was so worried about Bendis' Legion that I didn't expect Young Justice to become the second coming of his Guardians run.

Fantastic Member

I've got a question about Young Justice Season 4 (Young Justice: Phantoms?).

While Greg Weissman has said that the show will focus more on the original core cast, I think it's inevitable that we will get at least a few new characters:

Given that they appeared in the outro clips in the YJO finalle, I'd say that Cisco "Vibe" Ramone* and Wendy "Windfall" Jones are heading for a bigger part in the narrative in YJ4/YJP, also given that two of the best known Darkseid plots of previous animated shows have also involved Supergirl (Kara In-Zee in STAS and Kara Zor-El in S/B:A) I think it's not unlikely that we'll get her. I'd also like them to complete the "Satellite Era" line-up by recruiting Firestorm for either the Justice League or the Outsiders.

* If Vibe does appear, I hope that we get his team-mates Gypsy and Vixen at least, and maybe an Arrow-esque Hank/Nate fusion as Citizen Steel could work.
    Last edited by Shamrock Holmes; 01-14-2020 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post

While Greg Weissman has said that the show will focus more on the original core cast, I think it's inevitable that we will get at least a few new characters:

Given that they appeared in the outro clips in the YJO finalle, I'd say that Cisco "Vibe" Ramone* and Wendy "Windfall" Jones are heading for a bigger part in the narrative in YJ4/YJP, also given that two of the best known Darkseid plots of previous animated shows have also involved Supergirl (Kara In-Zee in STAS and Kara Zor-El in S/B:A) I think it's not unlikely that we'll get her. I'd also like them to complete the "Satellite Era" line-up by re3cruiting Firestorm for either the Justice League or the Outsiders.

* If Vibe does appear, I hope that we get his team-mates Gypsy and Vixen at least, and maybe an Arrow-esque Hank/Nate fusion as Citizen Steel could work.
    I'd like them to finally give the characters they really didn't develop much in Outsiders (Cassandra Cain, Spoiler, Arrowette, Traci, etc.) some more focus before they introduce any new young heroes, but it being Young Justice they will probably strive for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post

Given that they appeared in the outro clips in the YJO finalle, I'd say that Cisco "Vibe" Ramone* and Wendy "Windfall" Jones are heading for a bigger part in the narrative in YJ4/YJP, also given that two of the best known Darkseid plots of previous animated shows have also involved Supergirl (Kara In-Zee in STAS and Kara Zor-El in S/B:A) I think it's not unlikely that we'll get her. I'd also like them to complete the "Satellite Era" line-up by re3cruiting Firestorm for either the Justice League or the Outsiders.

I could also see Jason being brought in, having been slightly more then teased in YJO. And with Damian probably at best being a toddler for the next series, Jason is the last of the main Bats to really have a role and all.

The preview for issue 12 has a crossover with Dial H. Looks like Miguel has channeled the powers of a hero from another universe. A character with spider-like powers. A “spider-man” if you will.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-young-justice-spider-man/

Pretty funny that the creator of Ultimate Spider-Man found a way to bring him to the DCU.