Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I'm sorry to see this end, as I was really enjoying it.

This is pretty much the end of Wonder Comics as well, I would say.

Naomi ended her 6 issue run, Amethyst ends her run in September, Dial H and Wonder Twins ended their 12 issue runs already.

I'm not too worried about Superboy, Wonder Girl, Impulse and Drake. I'm sure they'll end up in other books.

There seems to be an effort to incorporate the Wonder Twins into DCU, they've been in both Superman and Action, interacting with Superman, Batman and Ray Palmer.

I do wonder what will happen with Teen Lantern, Naomi, and Jinny Hex. I thought they were very interesting characters. I hope they turn up somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post

This is pretty much the end of Wonder Comics as well, I would say.

Naomi ended her 6 issue run, Amethyst ends her run in September, Dial H and Wonder Twins ended their 12 issue runs already.

I'm not too worried about Superboy, Wonder Girl, Impulse and Drake. I'm sure they'll end up in other books.

There seems to be an effort to incorporate the Wonder Twins into DCU, they've been in both Superman and Action, interacting with Superman, Batman and Ray Palmer.

I do wonder what will happen with Teen Lantern, Naomi, and Jinny Hex. I thought they were very interesting characters. I hope they turn up somewhere.
    Bendis might keep using them and other Wonder Comics stuff as long as he's still writing DC books.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    I don't think any of the Wonder Comics sold well, despite Bendis often saying how surprised and happy they were by the reception. I didn't understand that, but assumed he's just a positive guy.

This seems notable as the first book written by Bendis that DC has cancelled. If it's true he's exiting Superman (I don't know where people learned that from, but everyone talks about it like it's a fact), then what is he going to be working on?

I have had a lot of fun reading the book and will be sad to see it go
    Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post

Yeah, I feel like the book was at least worth a creative switch up. The name has pedigree, could they not have brought in a new writer with a new direction and tried that before giving up? They've allowed plenty of books to wallow in low sales ranges for years before cancelling them. Of course, Bendis likely gets paid better than those creators....

Anyway, I suspect that Bendis' creations like Teen Lantern and Jinny will keep showing up in books he writes, but outside of his work I doubt they'll be appearing anywhere. They don't seem to have caught on very well.

The established characters will show up somewhere I think. If the floppy line gets cut all to hell then maybe it'll be digital, or who the hell knows, but I don't share some of our fellow posters' fear that the YJ4 will end up in limbo. They might end up as secondary characters in other books or something, or they might only appear in OGN's or digital, but they won't disappear completely.

The Wonder Twins have a better chance of sticking around somewhere, they've got more pop culture relevance and as JLA interns could remain in DC's orbit.

Naomi, I still think she'll get her season 2. I think her mini did well enough DC will still want to continue with her. I don't know what format it'll be, or when it'll happen (with everything else it might get pushed back a lot) but I hope they don't let her slip through the cracks.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Sad to see it end, but Bendis just didn't establish the tone of this book. Moved way to slowly. 15 issues of stuff that should have been about 8. He had the family aspect of the YJ4 down, but it was missing the humor that made the first one so great.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Sad to see it end, but Bendis just didn't establish the tone of this book. Moved way to slowly. 15 issues of stuff that should have been about 8. He had the family aspect of the YJ4 down, but it was missing the humor that made the first one so great.
    With all due respect, I've read every single issue of the original Young Justice series and the whole team was the most accomplished representation of a group of friends geneuinely enjoying each other's company, NOT of a family. The family dynamics belong to other superhero teams (like the JSA, or the FF if we include the Marvelous Competition), not to the original Young Justice.

Anyway, the current title was cancelled? Well, I don't mean this as a form of disrespect the 16,000 or so people who still read it and possibly enjoyed it, but... good! Bendis's YJ was a farce and at the very least there's the chance that Tim Drake wearing a costume featuring both shades of fecal matter (fresh and dry) and adopting his surname as his codename might be relegated to the status of "short-lived fever dream" in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    Anyway, the current title was cancelled? Well, I don't mean this as a form of disrespect the 16,000 or so people who still read it and possibly enjoyed it, but... good! Bendis's YJ was a farce and at the very least there's the chance that Tim Drake wearing a costume featuring both shades of fecal matter (fresh and dry) and adopting his surname as his codename might be relegated to the status of "short-lived fever dream" in the future.
    I get what Bendis was trying to do but he just didn't implement it well at all.

I know I got the book because these r my favs, not cause of the writing. I hope it comes back soon

What did ppl think of today's issue?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Really, really enjoyed it. Felt like classic Dixon or Jon Lewis writing Robin, as many have pointed out. Steph and Tim were enjoyable, Godlewski's main art was great, and Oeming's flashback art for Steph was truly fantastic. I'd really, really love a Spoiler and Robin miniseries by Bendis and Oeming.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Conner is living with the Kent's again, with a fade and leather jacket lol.

Now he needs TTK

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    With all due respect, I've read every single issue of the original Young Justice series and the whole team was the most accomplished representation of a group of friends geneuinely enjoying each other's company, NOT of a family. The family dynamics belong to other superhero teams (like the JSA, or the FF if we include the Marvelous Competition), not to the original Young Justice.

Actually if we include also the TT Series than the YJ4 are a family.

At Barts funeral Cassie even called Bart her little brother and in ToT Cassie and Conner are probably married etc.

And since the all 4 dont really have a family:
    -Conner was cloned, but had Ma and Pa Kent and kind of familiar relationship with Kara and Clark sometimes...
    -Barts mom lives in the future and father is dead and he didnt have great connections with his grandfather and only sometimes with his grandmother
    -Cassie has her mother, but Zeus isnt really like a father
    -Tim lost his parents and has Bruce and the rest of the Bat-Family..

All 4 dont really have a family, so I would say that they later really became a family during TT.

Yeah, Bart's parental figures are Max Mercury, his daughter Helen (Max is in for a nasty shock, she's probably retgone), Jay Garrick, and his wife Joan. His father isn't dead though. Don and Dawn Allen just appeared in The Flash working for Eobard Thawne. Bart knocked some sense into his Dad, thus sending them home. They should now be alive in the future.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I love that Drake is back to being Robin. Or Red Robin. And I loved that they pretty much flat-out said what a horrible idea that was.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I love that Drake is back to being Robin. Or Red Robin. And I loved that they pretty much flat-out said what a horrible idea that was.
    Which is he? Robin or Red Robin?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Which is he? Robin or Red Robin?
    I think that after the events of the last Teen Titans annual, he is back at being Robin.