Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So:

spoilers:
    Conner and M'Gann are going on their honeymoon and taking Beast Boy?
    end of spoilers
    Given that J'onn and Bioship are going along, my guess would be Mars.

spoilers:
    Who is leading the Outsiders?
    end of spoilers
    Based on public profile and frequency of focus in episodes my guess would be Blue Beetle.

spoilers:
    Artemis is leading the team (because Dick Grayson is seemingly terrible at commitment) and invites Arsenal to come back, which reminds me of that teaser for Outsiders showing members of the Team, 70% of which never ended up doing much that season..
    end of spoilers
    IMO, Nightwing not being the new leader of The Team is because he was also involved in the whole "Anti-Light" thing, whereas she was the most senior member who wasn't.

spoilers:
    Zatanna has more than one protege now (so Traci and...who else?).
    end of spoilers
    Raven, Timothy Hunter, her cousin Zach (although this would raise questions about s1), Black Alice, David "Sargon" Sergeant, Sebastian Faust...

I also wonder if:

spoilers:
    The Prize is set in Year Nine or Year Ten. The lack of an indicator suggests that it takes place between the death of Bedlam and the epilogue montage but that doesn't fit particularly well. On the other hand, Artemis specifically references "her team" clashing with the villians for ten years, which could suggest either Year Ten or even Eleven?

Thoughts?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Shamrock Holmes; 09-14-2020 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Spoiler codes

Spectacular Member

It's a year after S3 going by Conner's commits about it being "10 years since he met M'gann" yeah it'd be a few months off, but 5 year timeskip after a season taking place over half a year + 2 year Timeskip after a season taking place over half a year + 1 year time skip after a season taking place over like 8 months.... It adds up to being I think just shy of a full 10 years.

Also I think Conner and M'gann are going on a more "meet the family" thing than a Honeymoon.. don't think they'd want Garfield and J'onn there on their honeymoon to possibly interrupt more uhh private matters.

So it's kinda "take your pick" if that should be labeled Team Year 9 or Team Year 10 but it takes place in 2019.
    Last edited by Mojo; 09-14-2020 at 12:40 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nah - probably Zachary Zatara. Raven's not a magician - in the comics she's an empath and a teleporter.
    Ravens powers are just super illdefined in general tbh and she can range from pretty limited to "able to do basically fucking anything the plot needs". But I do hope it's Zach. Would be fun to see him outside of comics and I always worry when Raven shows up were gonna have to deal with Trigon for the millionth time. Like I love Raven but jesus am I tired of Trigon.
    Last edited by Mojo; 09-14-2020 at 12:38 AM.

Plus there's two characters specifically associated with the New Teen Titans - Raven and Starfire. I think it's a very deliberate decision not to have included them so far. It's no coincidence that Cyborg didn't show up until after he became more associated with the Justice League.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Ravens powers are just super illdefined in general tbh and she can range from pretty limited to "able to do basically fucking anything the plot needs".
    Thats not really different for Zatanna or most of DC other magic users.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Plus there's two characters specifically associated with the New Teen Titans - Raven and Starfire. I think it's a very deliberate decision not to have included them so far. It's no coincidence that Cyborg didn't show up until after he became more associated with the Justice League.

Eh I don't think that's it, nothing stopped him from using Beast Boy, or doing his own (although quite different) version of Judas Contract with Terra. Not to mention Wally, Dick, Roy and Donna were all part of the NTT (and yes I know Donna's a minor role but he wanted her since Season 1, she was just caught up in rights issues at the time) I would guess maybe he doesn't want too many of them in focus at the time to not take the spotlight too much but he has no issue with using NTT characters or storylines.

Fantastic Member

It's a year after S3 going by Conner's commits about it being "10 years since he met M'gann" yeah it'd be a few months off, but 5 year timeskip after a season taking place over half a year + 2 year Timeskip after a season taking place over half a year + 1 year time skip after a season taking place over like 8 months.... It adds up to being I think just shy of a full 10 years.
    Given that, the weight does seems to favour a timeskip.

Also I think Conner and M'gann are going on a more "meet the family" thing than a Honeymoon.. don't think they'd want Garfield and J'onn there on their honeymoon to possibly interrupt more uhh private matters.
    There's no reason why it can't be both. But you may have a point.

So it's kinda "take your pick" if that should be labeled Team Year 9 or Team Year 10 but it takes place in 2019.
    As Team Year Zero was based on 2010 (though 1993 and 1999 are among the other options), Team Year Nine (which YJO strays into the start of) would be 2019, so assuming Conner and Artemis mean "nearly ten years" rather than "over ten years" -- and the trend towards shorter timeskips supports this -- then The Prize would be set in 2020 (Year Ten).

Eh I don't think that's it, nothing stopped him from using Beast Boy, or doing his own (although quite different) version of Judas Contract with Terra. Not to mention Wally, Dick, Roy and Donna were all part of the NTT (and yes I know Donna's a minor role but he wanted her since Season 1, she was just caught up in rights issues at the time) I would guess maybe he doesn't want too many of them in focus at the time to not take the spotlight too much but he has no issue with using NTT characters or storylines.
    Beast Boy was originally a Doom Patrol character. They're not avoiding Titans characters, just ones exclusively associated with them. Terra was used because her brother was one of the Outsiders in both the comics and the show. Wally, Dick, Roy and Donna are all originally sidekick characters (associated with the Flash, Batman, Arrow and Wonder Woman franchises) - and Donna was only a cameo, Cassie's seen far more use, a character from the comic YJ.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    IMO, Nightwing not being the new leader of The Team is because he was also involved in the whole "Anti-Light" thing, whereas she was the most senior member who wasn't.
    Wasn't his apology for that actually sticking around and leading the Team again?

Fantastic Member

Wasn't his apology for that actually sticking around and leading the Team again?
    Not as such, the only dialogue on the matter in Nevermore was:

BLACK LIGHTNING: What say you?

BATMAN: I don't have a vote. Currently.

BLACK LIGHTNING: If I take this, you're either in or you're out. There's no half-way. No behind-the-scenes crap. If you take this, we'll fold Batman, Inc. back into the League
    and the Team, on your terms. It's for the best. For the mission.

NIGHTWING: I rejoin the Team. Team works for the League. I work for you, boss.

And while Nightwing being the one to call the roundtable on the Watchtower makes it clear that his popularity isn't as dented as Batman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman's, Artemis' specific note that "Nightwing doesn't lead the team anymore, I do." would be seem to be unambiguous enough to override any implication that he takes back leadership of The Team.
    Last edited by Shamrock Holmes; 09-20-2020 at 10:41 PM.

We have 24 completed scripts, 20 fully recorded episodes, and 3 partially recorded episodes.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Greg_Weis...13005601558528

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    We have 24 completed scripts, 20 fully recorded episodes, and 3 partially recorded episodes.

Good hopefully Conner gets a flight ring, and creates a pair of super specs this next season

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Does 24 completed scripts mean that the 24 episodes have been written and thus completed?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Does 24 completed scripts mean that the 24 episodes have been written and thus completed?
    Written, but not completely produced.

Yeah, they still need to do the animation. They won't be completed for a few months yet. They do script, then voice recording, and animation last.