Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

#19 preview. Reality ensues for Cassie. She's fired!
    https://aiptcomics.com/2020/10/02/dc...ng-justice-19/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Intriguing! I'm quite interested in this one! Cassie has needed some development for 18 issues.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Well, that's...anti-climactic.

Apparently the team was away for quite a while...
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So it would appear from the preview that the last issue of Young Justice is asking “hey maybe we should have asked a couple of questions about Teen Lantern and her gauntlet.”

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/10/30/dc...ng-justice-20/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

This run has been the biggest slap to the face of anyone asking for YJ Rebirth since 2016 LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So it would appear from the preview that the last issue of Young Justice is asking “hey maybe we should have asked a couple of questions about Teen Lantern and her gauntlet.”

Well, we already know she doesn't get her powers taken away - yet. She's mentioned in the Future State Green Lantern solicit.

I mean, after 20 issues, you'd think...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    This run has been the biggest slap to the face of anyone asking for YJ Rebirth since 2016 LOL.
    True Huge wasted potential.
    A whole run to try and explain how these characters are like this in this mess of a continuity.
    It would have been so much better to just pick the best versions of each and move on with a compelling story. It's not like Bendis managed to make the continuity comprehensible, he just wasted issues and issues on a convoluted plot that wen nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    True Huge wasted potential.
    A whole run to try and explain how these characters are like this in this mess of a continuity.
    It would have been so much better to just pick the best versions of each and move on with a compelling story. It's not like Bendis managed to make the continuity comprehensible, he just wasted issues and issues on a convoluted plot that wen nowhere.
    And we got more of the team just quipping or making jokes with each other instead of really getting know each other and growing as a team. This book meandered around for far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And we got more of the team just quipping or making jokes with each other instead of really getting know each other and growing as a team. This book meandered around for far too long.
    I always got the feeling that they were buying time until they figured out the continuity mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    See I don’t think I really would have wanted that because the main players I really care about, Tim, Conner, Bart, and Cassie, already know each other after years of being teammates and friends throughout various continuities. At worst you can probably say it didn’t use the new cast to it’s complete use but honestly after how bad New 52 was I’m happy with them just being friends and going on adventures.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

See I don’t think I really would have wanted that because the main players I really care about, Tim, Conner, Bart, and Cassie, already know each other after years of being teammates and friends throughout various continuities. At worst you can probably say it didn’t use the new cast to it’s complete use but honestly after how bad New 52 was I’m happy with them just being friends and going on adventures.
    I agree it's not really necessary for the core YJ4 (although I'm still not sure what's going on with Conner and Cassie) but then there were all the other additional characters they started throwing in and it just didn't maximize the team dynamic as well as they could have in my opinion.

It's a fun enough book but not a great team or Young Justice book in my opinion.

New Wonder Girl announced. Cassie needs a rebrand.
    The series tells the backstory/origin story of the DC Comics character of Yara Flor, who was recently revealed as a new Wonder Woman. In addition to the Future State Wonder Woman with adult Yara Flor as Wonder Woman, DC concurrently is publishing the Wonder Girl comic series written and drawn by Jones.
    https://deadline.com/2020/11/wonder-...cw-1234616503/

New Wonder Girl announced. Cassie needs a rebrand.

https://deadline.com/2020/11/wonder-...cw-1234616503/
    So she is going to be the next Wonder Girl in the comics too?

>> Cassie needs a rebrand.

Cassie and Conner need a new moniker, hopefully in a better situation than Tim.

___
    Edit:
    Nevermind, i saw in the article that she is indeed the next wonder girl in the comics.
    Last edited by Drako; 11-16-2020 at 03:46 PM.