Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    New Wonder Girl announced. Cassie needs a rebrand.

https://deadline.com/2020/11/wonder-...cw-1234616503/
    At least Cassie will have season 4 of Young Justice, but it does kind of blow that the first big Wonder Woman tv series in a while will go to a completely new character we haven’t gotten to know yet instead of Donna and Cassie.

That said...it’s not entirely bad to see a new Wonder Girl series with Yara whom I’m interested in Future State. Bit torn honestly.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Cassie's the one done dirty here. Donna's already in Titans - I assume they'll follow the comics there and change her codename from Wonder Girl to Troia. Cassie's chances of a live action appearance just took a big dive.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Cassie's the one done dirty here. Donna's already in Titans - I assume they'll follow the comics there and change her codename from Wonder Girl to Troia. Cassie's chances of a live action appearance just took a big dive.
    As much as I like Cassie, they were already low to begin with. Especially after new 52 Diana took her “daughter of Zeus” origin from her.

That was weird. They gave Diana Cassie's origin, gave Donna Diana's old one (made from clay), and made Cassie the granddaughter of Zeus instead - meaning she's now Wonder Woman's niece and Donna isn't related to them. Donna's was later retconned back to her bronze age origin (she remembers all of her origins, the oldest being that she was saved from a fire by Diana and became her adoptive sister) but the other two are still the New 52 ones.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

That was weird. They gave Diana Cassie's origin, gave Donna Diana's old one (made from clay), and made Cassie the granddaughter of Zeus instead - meaning she's now Wonder Woman's niece and Donna isn't related to them. Donna's was later retconned back to her bronze age origin (she remembers all of her origins, the oldest being that she was saved from a fire by Diana and became her adoptive sister) but the other two are still the New 52 ones.
    The movie solidified Diana’s Zeus lineage origin in the general public. There’s no going back now.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    So she is going to be the next Wonder Girl in the comics too?

>> Cassie needs a rebrand.

Cassie and Conner need a new moniker, hopefully in a better situation than Tim.

___
    Edit:
    Nevermind, i saw in the article that she is indeed the next wonder girl in the comics.
    DC is such a mess. Lets introduce a new Wonder Girl as we write Damian and Jon out. They want to introduce new legacies then won't commit to having them be the next generation. Though i see this is TV show motivated so nevermind.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-16-2020 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The movie solidified Diana’s Zeus lineage origin in the general public. There’s no going back now.
    I think DC Super Hero Girls (the modern one) used the clay origin though. Actually, I think a few of the kid/YA graphic novels have used the clay origin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    DC is such a mess. Lets introduce a new Wonder Girl as we write Damian and Jon out. They want to introduce new legacies then won't commit to having them be the next generation. Though i see this is TV show motivated so nevermind.
    Jon is appearing on the new Superman & Lois show.

Conner and Cassie = Synergy and Fury

I can't believe we finally got (a recognizable) Cassie back and now with the debut of a new Wonder Girl, she'll probably fade away into obscurity again. The most recent YJ title was far from a favorite read of mine but I sure did enjoy seeing her, Connor, Tim and Bart back in action.

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    I can't believe we finally got (a recognizable) Cassie back and now with the debut of a new Wonder Girl, she'll probably fade away into obscurity again. The most recent YJ title was far from a favorite read of mine but I sure did enjoy seeing her, Connor, Tim and Bart back in action.
    Agreed .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    Try being a Lorena Aquagirl fan.

Their generation is really becoming the “Lost Generation” of the DC.

Which isn’t a bad theme for their team to go by.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Try being a Lorena Aquagirl fan.

Their generation is really becoming the “Lost Generation” of the DC.

Which isn’t a bad theme for their team to go by.
    And the sad thing is no one's even using the Aquagirl name.

Yeah - Tula, who was killed off in Crisis on Infinite Earths, came back in New 52 Aquaman but didn't take the Aquagirl mantle. Lorena hasn't appeared since the New 52 reboot, and Andy's going to be Aqualass, not Aquagirl.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah - Tula, who was killed off in Crisis on Infinite Earths, came back in New 52 Aquaman but didn't take the Aquagirl mantle. Lorena hasn't appeared since the New 52 reboot, and Andy's going to be Aqualass, not Aquagirl.
    Tula is now Ocean Master’s half sister and Aquaman’s step-sister. So that keeps her as useful for the mythos.

No such luck for Lorena and especially Deep Blue (said to be Arthur’s sister before Flashpoint).