Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I wouldn't be so optimist about this.

They probably don't have plans to reunirte YJ again.

The sales of Bendis YJ fall really fast. So, I guess DC doesn't have a lot of faith in the group anymore.

As much as we want to blame Bendis, there was also a disinterest problem from the audience towards YJ group (sales dropped quite a bit even before the comic got really bad).
    The comic was never really good. Initial sales would indicate the interest is there, but the execution didn't win people over.
    I would like to see a proper attempt at a YJ ongoing, but I agree it's not very likely, especially with Kon joining the Suicide Squad of all teams.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The comic was never really good. Initial sales would indicate the interest is there, but the execution didn't win people over.
    I would like to see a proper attempt at a YJ ongoing, but I agree it's not very likely, especially with Kon joining the Suicide Squad of all teams.
    I don't like Bendis Young Justice comic either, but it wasn't so horrible in issue #3.

The sales of YJ #1 were good, but I think that was more audience curiosity due to promotion and the return of YJ group, but not really a big interest in the team. It falls under 40k in YJ #2 and the fall just continue after that.

I couldn't say Bendis is the only responsible for that.
    Last edited by Konja7; 12-08-2020 at 10:00 AM.

I don't like Bendis Young Justice comic either, but it wasn't so horrible in issue #3.

The sales of YJ #1 were good, but I think that was more audience curiosity due to promotion and the return of YJ group, but not really a big interest in the team. It falls under 40k in YJ #2 and the fall just continue after that.

I couldn't say Bendis is the only responsible for that.
    I don't think he helped, just like he didn't seem to help Superman's sales much in the long-run.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

For me, the problem with the Bendis run is he didn't do anything other than get them back together...which was great...but I wanted actual story built around them. It seemed like it was just a bunch of random events happening outside of the initial Amethyst story, which as much as I love Amethyst, that went on way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    For me, the problem with the Bendis run is he didn't do anything other than get them back together...which was great...but I wanted actual story built around them. It seemed like it was just a bunch of random events happening outside of the initial Amethyst story, which as much as I love Amethyst, that went on way too long.
    This is pretty much my thoughts...well, that and weird stuff going on at STAR Labs.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I think Titans Academy wants to use new characters. Honestly, I think they are trying to copy Strange Academy, which has new characters as protagonists.

I can't help but compare Young Justice with Strange Academy, since both try to use teen protagonists.

Strange Academy #3 has a sales range of 70k-85k. Young Justice #3 didn't even have the half of the lower end in that range.
    Why Strange Academy rather than Avengers Academy?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    How did I forget about Avengers Academy...

Astonishing Member

Well, I don't know sales for Avengers Academy, so I don't know how good (or bad) the sales were?

Ultimate Member

Avengers Academy lasted 3 years. What followed it was Avengers Arena where all those fans got the finger when Mettle got killed off in issue one. Which is why I never buy books from Dennis Hopeless again.
    Aside from Reptil and Hazmat the rest have not been seen since.

Young Justice was THIS-a place to keep Tim and friends SAFE from Heroes in Crisis. Since that book still found a way to kill off Titans (one who made a painful cameo in a book today).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Avengers Academy lasted 3 years. What followed it was Avengers Arena where all those fans got the finger when Mettle got killed off in issue one. Which is why I never buy books from Dennis Hopeless again.
    Aside from Reptil and Hazmat the rest have not been seen since.
    Finesse was a supporting character in Unstoppable Wasp.

Astonishing Member

Avengers Academy came to a terrible end in Avengers Arena where they killed off lots of teen heroes for shock value.

This version of the YJ series had so many issues, let's not be silly and act like it was the actual YJ4, and not all the components of the series thst were crap.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    This version of the YJ series had so many issues, let's not be silly and act like it was the actual YJ4, and not all the components of the series thst were crap.
    I mantain my point that the fall on sales started before the biggest flaws in this comic started to show.

Maybe a better story could catch more readers. However, that's apart from the current YJ4 popularity.

If the YJ group has a lot of interest from the audience, the comic will likely mantain better sales (at least in the first issues).

After all, a good amount of bad comics mantain sales because they have big names.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Finesse was a supporting character in Unstoppable Wasp.
    More like she was a villain.
    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Avengers Academy came to a terrible end in Avengers Arena where they killed off lots of teen heroes for shock value.
    So basically they went the Titans route.
    I mantain my point that the fall on sales started before the biggest flaws in this comic started to show.

Maybe a better story could catch more readers. However, that's apart from the current YJ4 popularity.

If the YJ group has a lot of interest from the audience, the comic will likely mantain better sales (at least in the first issues).

After all, a good amount of bad comics mantain sales because they have big names.
    I think it all depends on a lot of factors. Even big names don't always bring home the best sales you would expect from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    More like she was a villain.
    Yeah, she was working for AIM. She defected to Nadia's team GIRL in the last issue.

Because it's currently running?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman