Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Legion is just as big.
    Yes, but the Legion has members with a wide variety of powers and are (if I remember correctly) also the only Superhero team of their time.

I am more concerned about WHO!!! the members are than the size.
    Dial H, Wonder Twins, Hex, Spoiler and Sideways are hopefully replaced by other people like Blue Beetle,Static,Sparx,Aura,Traci 13......

Personally I like that Sideways is here now, I am not sure about others but I genuinely liked his ongoing series as I found him to be a pretty enjoyable new character with an interesting power set post metal. I also really like how they wrote him as "Hey I am just glad to be invited" as its kind of a fun nod of, hey thanks for bringing the new guy so that they do not forget I existed.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Doesn’t mean that the LOSH is a good book.
    Alright... are you a Champions fan? They have 15 members too, and it's new writer is apparently adding more without removing anyone.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Alright... are you a Champions fan? They have 15 members too, and it's new writer is apparently adding more without removing anyone.
    Haven’t picked up Champions, since young Cyclops left. Was thinking of picking it up like a few months ago but the character roster felt like a lot. Is it good?

Honestly, it actually got BETTER when Zub replaced Waid as writer. Zub's run ended in October, and it's relaunching in April with Eve Ewing writing.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Yes, but the Legion has members with a wide variety of powers and are (if I remember correctly) also the only Superhero team of their time.

I am more concerned about WHO!!! the members are than the size.
    Dial H, Wonder Twins, Hex, Spoiler and Sideways are hopefully replaced by other people like Blue Beetle,Static,Sparx,Aura,Traci 13......
    You remember falsely. I don't know about the current Bendis-written reboot of the Legion, but in past versions of the Legion's continuity, the Legion was never the only super-heroes of their time. There have many heroes, either working individually or as part of other teams or groups.

As for your desired membership for the Young Justice team, as well as your oft-repeated ideas on how you want the YJ Four to be portrayed...have you considered writing fanfiction about the team using your ideas? Because I think that is the only way you're going to get a Young Justice that is exactly the way you want it. Even if DC were to announce that a brand new creative team was taking over, it's highly unlikely you'd be any happier with their direction and ideas.

All the Green Lanterns. Including Keli!

All the Green Lanterns. Including Keli!
    Surprised she made it over Jo. She looks a tad out of place...

My guess? No Far Sector in that special, but Teen Lantern does appear. Bendis isn't listed as a writer, but Wonder Comics looks rather thin now with only YJ and Amethyst left (both Dial H and Wonder Twins end next issue). So I wonder if she'll get a solo book?

I wouldn't mind a Teen Lantern solo book or mini-series honestly, given the right creative team there is a lot of potential to work with there. I mean we are talking about a teenage girl working with stolen green lantern technology similar to the Krona gauntlet that somehow merged with its alternate universe equivalent and is now latched onto her arm or at least I think it is, its not really clear if she can take that off. That could be a very good green lantern story if someone was to pick that up.
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-14-2020 at 04:19 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I wouldn't mind a Teen Lantern solo book or mini-series honestly, given the right creative team there is a lot of potential to work with there. I mean we are talking about a teenage girl working with stolen green lantern technology similar to the Krona gauntlet that somehow merged with its alternate universe equivalent and is now latched onto her arm or at least I think it is, its not really clear if she can take that off. That could be a very good green lantern story if someone was to pick that up.

I believe she has potential for a maxi-series, but not quite yet. I don't think Young Justice has done enough to flesh her out as a stand alone character yet. We really haven't seen her do much in YJ yet, and as a result, she's too underdeveloped as a character.

I would love to see YJ spend time giving us more development on both TL and Jinny Hex. Once that happens, I can easily see TL in her own maxi-series.

Regarding what characters I'd like to see in the book, as I said in another thread, I think it would be interesting to see YJ have a revolving door policy with teen heroes. Say, for one arc, have a story that features Superboy, Impulse, Arrowette, and Aqualad. When that arc finishes, start a new one that has Wonder Girl, Drake, Teen Lantern, Wonder Twins, and Blue Beetle.

For the YJ cartoon are the tie in comics a good get? My store is selling them.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Fantastic Member

They seem to mesh well with the cartoon itself. I'd say if you liked (or were at worst indifferent) to the cartoon then they could be a good buy. Conversely, if you didn't like the cartoon, then they probably won't be.

A lot of it is written by the actual writers of the show and expands on certain episodes or stuff in-between episodes, and expands on some character dynamics/relationships/backgrounds etc.

It even introduces some characters and concepts that pop up in season 3.

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...n-comics-1020/

Oh hey I guess they found Conner and went back to the hall of justice...or this is part of whatever is wrong with the timeline who knows at this point. What I find interesting is that while we can tell that I guess Superman doesn’t recognize Conner yet, oddly he knows who Cassie is. I know she wasn’t erased from continuity but it felt a bit nebulous at times if people remembered her as well.

I will say, Romita Jr not the best looking version of the Young Justice team. It looks a little rough in spots if I’m honest.
    Words to live by.