Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

That really is bad art. They can't have gone BACK - this is the same visit. They shouldn't be so excited if it's a return visit. But Superman being there is a continuity conflict - odd, since both books are by Bendis.

Clark only knowing Tim, Cassie and Naomi is not a continuity gaffe, however. They are the only ones he would know after New 52 - Superman Reborn established that while the New 52 Kon was gone, he didn't remember the original Conner, and the same thing can be presumed for Bart. Teen Lantern and Jinny Hex are new, and I think he genuinely hasn't ever interacted with Amethyst.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    You remember falsely. I don't know about the current Bendis-written reboot of the Legion, but in past versions of the Legion's continuity, the Legion was never the only super-heroes of their time. There have many heroes, either working individually or as part of other teams or groups.

As for your desired membership for the Young Justice team, as well as your oft-repeated ideas on how you want the YJ Four to be portrayed...have you considered writing fanfiction about the team using your ideas? Because I think that is the only way you're going to get a Young Justice that is exactly the way you want it. Even if DC were to announce that a brand new creative team was taking over, it's highly unlikely you'd be any happier with their direction and ideas.
    Where were the other heroes, who were at the same time active?
    I mean the LOSH Version with Bart Allens Mother,XS etc.

Speaking about Young Justice, JOHNS TEEN TITANS was NEARLY 100% perfect for me.
    GREAT TEAM: Raven,Miss Martian,Conner,Bart,Tim,Cassie.......
    Conner,Bart,Tim and Cassie became more mature and more powerful and found their own way...

Johns TT was absolutely PERFECT for me...
    I would only like them being older, some minor corrections, like giving Conner his Leather Jacket back etc.

Cover of issue 17

And here's a pin-up from Superboy #25 (1996), also featuring Impulse.

I like the fact that Bart's Game Boy appears to be overheated, likely due to him pressing the buttons too fast.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Where were the other heroes, who were at the same time active?
    I mean the LOSH Version with Bart Allens Mother,XS etc.

Speaking about Young Justice, JOHNS TEEN TITANS was NEARLY 100% perfect for me.
    GREAT TEAM: Raven,Miss Martian,Conner,Bart,Tim,Cassie.......
    Conner,Bart,Tim and Cassie became more mature and more powerful and found their own way...

Johns TT was absolutely PERFECT for me...
    I would only like them being older, some minor corrections, like giving Conner his Leather Jacket back etc.
    The other heroes in the Legion's setting appeared within the pages of the Legion's stories, as guest-stars, allies, and occasionally as rivals or even opponents. I hope you weren't expecting them to appear in their own titles, because that's only happened once, in the late 80's, and it was cancelled by the 13th issue. But yes, other heroes besides the Legion have appeared in the Legion's own book(s).

And speaking about Young Justice, I'm the exact opposite: Johns' Teen Titans was 100% UTTERLY WORTHLESS GARBAGE. They didn't become more mature or powerful, they were hijacked and destroyed from who they were so they could be artificially rebuilt into Dan Didio's narrow-minded (and wrong-headed) vision of what DC heroes ought to be. Better that that version be retconned out of continuity permanently and never referred to again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    The other heroes in the Legion's setting appeared within the pages of the Legion's stories, as guest-stars, allies, and occasionally as rivals or even opponents. I hope you weren't expecting them to appear in their own titles, because that's only happened once, in the late 80's, and it was cancelled by the 13th issue. But yes, other heroes besides the Legion have appeared in the Legion's own book(s).

And speaking about Young Justice, I'm the exact opposite: Johns' Teen Titans was 100% UTTERLY WORTHLESS GARBAGE. They didn't become more mature or powerful, they were hijacked and destroyed from who they were so they could be artificially rebuilt into Dan Didio's narrow-minded (and wrong-headed) vision of what DC heroes ought to be. Better that that version be retconned out of continuity permanently and never referred to again.
    I agree with you about Johns TT. It derailed the YJ cast and set the stage for further derailment under the writers who followed him.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...n-comics-1020/

Oh hey I guess they found Conner and went back to the hall of justice...or this is part of whatever is wrong with the timeline who knows at this point. What I find interesting is that while we can tell that I guess Superman doesn’t recognize Conner yet, oddly he knows who Cassie is. I know she wasn’t erased from continuity but it felt a bit nebulous at times if people remembered her as well.

I will say, Romita Jr not the best looking version of the Young Justice team. It looks a little rough in spots if I’m honest.
    I was a BIG fan of JR Jnr, his work on the Spider books is some of my favourite, but MAN I really dislike his current stuff.
    Everybody is too square, especially the females and it has the overall look of being very rushed.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cover of issue 17
    Tim's the only one with a dramatic change in costume...and probably the worst as well.
    And here's a pin-up from Superboy #25 (1996), also featuring Impulse.

I like the fact that Bart's Game Boy appears to be overheated, likely due to him pressing the buttons too fast.
    Conner can't help but admire the ladies...

Well, he was just The Kid back then. Wasn't named Kon-El or Conner Kent until later.

Interview with Amy Reeder about the Amethyst solo book.
    https://www.newsarama.com/49166-dc-a...my-reeder.html

All-New Member

I’m just wondering what’s going to happen to everything now that DiDio’s out.

Maybe now Bart and Cassie can start appearing in Flash and Wonder Woman books. Wasn't Didio's usual legacy hate the main thing that was keeping them out?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Maybe now Bart and Cassie can start appearing in Flash and Wonder Woman books. Wasn't Didio's usual legacy hate the main thing that was keeping them out?
    If Didio's contribution to a tense editorial atmosphere is what led to the editorial offices becoming so insular...maybe?

Well, Donna's finally appearing in Wonder Woman, so hopefully it's just a matter of time until Cassie does too.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, Donna's finally appearing in Wonder Woman, so hopefully it's just a matter of time until Cassie does too.
    I sure hope so.

Extraordinary Member

I picked up Action 1020 just because of the crossover and I only have myself to blame. This whole story is a mess. Now I see it somehow continues in 1021? I should know better. I should be stronger. I will probably end up buying it anyway.

I really cannot wait for things to move forward.

Amazing Member

Young Justice appeared in Action 1020 and they looked horrible, all the issue looked atrocious my eyes were bleeding.... They weren't that bad written, I mean Bendis' standard the Naomi gag you know her first time doing x, Tim being a boyscout and well Conner couldn't talk with Superman but well now he knows Conner exists.... I hope Conner will talk with Superman. On the other hand, well Bendis couldn't keep continuity even if he writes Action and Young Justice...