Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

JR JR is slowly morphing into Frank Miller.

I know this probably won't be popular, but I'm not a fan of Klaus Janson's ink work, it's always seemed sloppy to me.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by Dazai_Osamu View Post
    Young Justice appeared in Action 1020 and they looked horrible, all the issue looked atrocious my eyes were bleeding.... They weren't that bad written, I mean Bendis' standard the Naomi gag you know her first time doing x, Tim being a boyscout and well Conner couldn't talk with Superman but well now he knows Conner exists.... I hope Conner will talk with Superman. On the other hand, well Bendis couldn't keep continuity even if he writes Action and Young Justice...
    Yeah, that was supposed to be their first visit to the Hall of Justice, but didn't we already see that in YJ, and Superman wasn't there?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Page from Flash #750:

Geoff Johns era Teen Titans including Tim, Cassie, Conner and Bart!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Issue 14 preview - Spoiler alert!
    http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...ng-justice-14/

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So wait...they all just know who Conner Kent is? And some of them recognize who Bart is? Even though it’s been made clear Superman and a handful of other people don’t remember or recognize the both of them. Spoiler I get since she knew Tim was gonna go look for them in a sense but I’m surprised by Aqualad, Sideways, and Arrowette.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yeah, Arrowette remembers the original team and Aqualad called Bart "Kid Flash", which means he remembers the pre-Flashpoint Teen Titans. Spoiler did regain her pre-Flashpoint memories at the end of the Rebirth Detective Comics run (she was shown her life as Robin and Batgirl), so yes, she does remember the original YJ (think about it - that's probably how Tim knew that the Conner spoken of by his future self was real, and that he had missing memories himself, prompting his visit to Zatanna).

Which begs the question - why the heck didn't Superman remember Conner and Bart in Action Comics last week? Seems like he should've known those two and not just Tim, Cassie, and Naomi.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-05-2020 at 05:28 AM.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, Arrowette remembers the original team and Aqualad called Bart "Kid Flash", which means he remembers the pre-Flashpoint Teen Titans. Spoiler did regain her pre-Flashpoint memories at the end of the Rebirth Detective Comics run (she was shown her life as Robin and Batgirl), so yes, she does remember the original YJ (think about it - that's probably how Tim knew that the Conner spoken of by his future self was real, and that he had missing memories himself, prompting his visit to Zatanna).

Which begs the question - why the heck didn't Superman remember Conner and Bart in Action Comics last week? Seems like he should've known those two and not just Tim, Cassie, and Naomi.
    Time being broken is the logical explanation for all inconsistencies.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Time being broken is the logical explanation for all inconsistencies.
    Or DC continuity being DC continuity.

I think action comics was decent start, but now that the dimension hopping story is reaching its end and we are going into them fighting starlabs in the main universe I hope that we will see this team appear more in the DC Universe. I honestly hope with all going on with continuity that we can see this team in Death Metal or Generations or yes other people's ongoings like Wonder Woman and Batman.

I honestly hope to see Teen Lantern appear in a Green Lantern story/series in the future because I think the Krona Guantlet merged with Earth 3 equivalent in the DC universe in the hands of a teenager would be a pretty big story for the Green Lantern Corps.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

My question is:

At the end of the last YJ issue we saw Bart running and finding Jackson,Spoiler etc. already dressed up and claiming that they are YOUNG JUSTICE...

And now he has to collect them? and Arrowette isnt in her costume etc.?

And she calls IMPULSE BART in front of ALL PEOPLE????!!!! AND!! sorry, but how did ARROWETTE knows WHO Conner is? I mean she left the Team BEFORE TT and Conner got his name during (or before) TT??

Anyway I still dont like the new YJ team:

-Tim,Cassie,Conner,Bart are veterans
    -Jackson is part of another generation
    -Amethyst is also a veteran, but she seems to lost much of her magical powers
    -Arrowette is RETIRED
    -Teen Lantern,Hex....are new heroes...

I still miss the TT Teams were they had a more powerful team....

I've just read Superboy's original solo series, and it ends with him going to live with Jonathan and Martha Kent. So he probably got the name Conner immediately after that - in either Superman or Action Comics. Anyway, Cissie did have opportunity to learn that name, as she still appeared in the Young Justice book despite no longer being a full time team member (and was involved in Secret's ending, where after Greta was depowered she enrolled at Cissie's school).

Arrowette was at school, that's why she wasn't in costume, she did tell Bart she needed to grab her gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    My question is:

At the end of the last YJ issue we saw Bart running and finding Jackson,Spoiler etc. already dressed up and claiming that they are YOUNG JUSTICE...

And now he has to collect them? and Arrowette isnt in her costume etc.?

And she calls IMPULSE BART in front of ALL PEOPLE????!!!! AND!! sorry, but how did ARROWETTE knows WHO Conner is? I mean she left the Team BEFORE TT and Conner got his name during (or before) TT??

Anyway I still dont like the new YJ team:

-Tim,Cassie,Conner,Bart are veterans
    -Jackson is part of another generation
    -Amethyst is also a veteran, but she seems to lost much of her magical powers
    -Arrowette is RETIRED
    -Teen Lantern,Hex....are new heroes...

I still miss the TT Teams were they had a more powerful team....
    Jackson’s in a weird place, because comics pre-flashpoint tried to have him join the teen titans with this cast, and in the cartoon series which is probably his most recognizable iteration he’s known for being with Dick, Wally, and Conner but once brought back in Rebirth he joined Damian before that team got changed. So might be best to say besides the cartoon no one has let Kaldur stick around long enough to have a set generation. Hell only recently he’s been establishing his connection to Aquaman.

I do miss Rose and Eddie though, but hard to say if Rose can join the team after the Deathstroke series and Eddie...Heroes in crisis.
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

I've just read Superboy's original solo series, and it ends with him going to live with Jonathan and Martha Kent. So he probably got the name Conner immediately after that - in either Superman or Action Comics. Anyway, Cissie did have opportunity to learn that name, as she still appeared in the Young Justice book despite no longer being a full time team member (and was involved in Secret's ending, where after Greta was depowered she enrolled at Cissie's school).

Arrowette was at school, that's why she wasn't in costume, she did tell Bart she needed to grab her gear.
    In the issue where Conner,Cassie,Bart and Tim join the TT Superman tells to Conner that he SHOULDNT talk to his Teammates about his life on the Kent Farm.
    It gave me the impression that its still a secret, even some people like CASSANDRA CAIN knew already his real name, because she visited him after she met him on the ship and they had a date in Smallville.

I thought that she works as a waitress, but anyway it doesnt matter she is still a RETIRED Superhero which also dont make the team more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Jackson’s in a weird place, because comics pre-flashpoint tried to have him join the teen titans with this cast, and in the cartoon series which is probably his most recognizable iteration he’s known for being with Dick, Wally, and Conner but once brought back in Rebirth he joined Damian before that team got changed. So might be best to say besides the cartoon no one has let Kaldur stick around long enough to have a set generation. Hell only recently he’s been establishing his connection to Aquaman.

I do miss Rose and Eddie though, but hard to say if Rose can join the team after the Deathstroke series and Eddie...Heroes in crisis.
    Eddie and Rose are the last ones who I miss...
    Rose fought always with Cassandra, the "relationship" with Bart was only strange and she wasnt powerful...

I miss: BLUE BEETLE,MISS MARTIAN,STATIC,TERRA/GEOFORCE,RAVEN...

It would make more sense for Rose to join the Teen Titans than Young Justice, because Wallace West is there, who she worked with in Deathstroke's Defiance team. Of course, Terra was there as well.

Static is for some reason blocked from use in the comics - Bendis did want him on the team - despite being used in the Young Justice TV show (which is odd. If the comics can't use Milestone characters, why can the cartoon, which also uses Icon and Rocket?).

It's definitely odd that Geoforce - and Halo - aren't in the current Batman and the Outsiders series. Metamorpho has an excuse for not being on that team as he's with The Terrifics instead, but the other two are definitely available.

Miss Martian and Raven are both currently still meant to be Titans - the team didn't disband when the book was axed.

Blue Beetle is the only one of those names who could join either the Teen Titans or Young Justice. Titans is more likely since that's currently in a transitional stage (only four known members as of May as they're losing Robin and Djinn).

What can I say, when I started reading comics that was my version of the teen titans, who were the Young Justice team, for a long while. I read Wondergirl, Tim Drake, Bart Allen/Kid Flash, Superboy(Conner) eventually joined up with Rose Wilson, Kid Devil/Red Devil, miss Martian, Blue Beetle, and a handful of other like static and bombshell. I know thanks to current continuity that I likely won’t see that team again but I do miss them. That’s kind of why I read Young Justice anyway.

Edit: to be clear though I don’t want them to change it just because it’s who I miss. Lots of people had iterations of teams like the titans, or outsiders or Justice League that they like and want back. Would I be happy with Rose coming back and Eddie being brought back to life? Yes, but we’ve moved on since then and I’ve just got to read what DC gives me or go read somewhere else if I don’t like it. So for now I’ll be glad with at least Bart, Cassie, Tim, and Conner back.
    Last edited by sifighter; 03-07-2020 at 08:36 AM.
    Words to live by.