Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

So, do we really think Bendis is going to explain everything next issue?

Regardless, I am still having fun with this. The large cast and frantic pacing is really testing the artists (styles) in those action scenes, but the book is managing to pause on the moments it needs to for a breather.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    So, do we really think Bendis is going to explain everything next issue?

Regardless, I am still having fun with this. The large cast and frantic pacing is really testing the artists (styles) in those action scenes, but the book is managing to pause on the moments it needs to for a breather.
    I think we'll get a key piece, I doubt we'll get everything.

I'm also having fun with the title. The next issue is supposed to be more All Team All Action stuff, but the three are supposed to be much more small group character focused, which is exciting.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So I guess that means no Static from Young Justice themed merchandise? Don't need an action figure or anything like that, I'd just settle for a cool logo shirt.

I will say its sad to hear what the New 52 writer had to deal with.
    Rumor is the legal dispute over Milestone has finally been put to rest. So if that's true, then we might be seeing the characters used in comics and merchandise before year's end. I myself suspect the "big bang" mentioned in the generation 1 one-shot is Milestone related somehow. But it'll still depend on the details of whatever deal DC cuts with Milestone. DC does not own that company, so they can't just do whatever they like with the IP's.

Back in the 00's, DC had to pay a fee to use any Milestone properties, which is why you barely saw them anywhere despite Milestone having such a popular roster. If not for those licensing fees, we'd likely have seen Icon as a mainstay of the League and Static as a regular Titan. But when comics barely make any money in the first place, those fees (even if they were very reasonable) look pretty daunting. Whether that changes now or not, who knows? Far as I'm aware, no details about the legal settlement have been released.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    I don't recall it being her catch phrase. My impression was that she was just taken completely off guard by Bart's appearance.
    I wonder, did she get caught so off guard because she didn't even remember Bart until that moment? It doesn't make sense that she remembers YJ when Tim didn't.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder, did she get caught so off guard because she didn't even remember Bart until that moment? It doesn't make sense that she remembers YJ when Tim didn't.
    I think that'll really depend on why they don't remember.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think that'll really depend on why they don't remember.
    Exactly, Dr. Glory (?) says there is a reason that they each remember certain people and not others.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I thought #14 was a fun issue, but I'm undecided about the art. I thought some of it was good, but some of it didn't appeal to me.

Now that the Naomi series and Wonder Twins series are done, are they joining YJ? We did see the Twins get some action, but I don't think that we've seen Naomi actually do anything.

And the Dial H kids. I hope we'll know by the end of issue 15, because the covers we've seen past that point offer no clues.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Rumor is the legal dispute over Milestone has finally been put to rest. So if that's true, then we might be seeing the characters used in comics and merchandise before year's end. I myself suspect the "big bang" mentioned in the generation 1 one-shot is Milestone related somehow. But it'll still depend on the details of whatever deal DC cuts with Milestone. DC does not own that company, so they can't just do whatever they like with the IP's.

Back in the 00's, DC had to pay a fee to use any Milestone properties, which is why you barely saw them anywhere despite Milestone having such a popular roster. If not for those licensing fees, we'd likely have seen Icon as a mainstay of the League and Static as a regular Titan. But when comics barely make any money in the first place, those fees (even if they were very reasonable) look pretty daunting. Whether that changes now or not, who knows? Far as I'm aware, no details about the legal settlement have been released.
    DC is already writing Milestone a check-Static is not on Young Justice for FREE.

DC has to pay Milestone even if they don't use those guys. If NOT Milestone is free to do what Archie did with Red Circle guys-take them back and go elsewhere.

Also understand DC is more than comics as Jamal Igle said. Where us all my Milestone merchandise that I don't have to go to a comic book store to buy?

We have had 2 Static figures and only ONE made it to the comic book store. Whose fault is that?

Where are the trades? The ones with Static are hard to find and at some places got for more money than Punchline's first appearance.

If those fees are too great-TERMINATE the contract. I am sure Boom, Lion Forge, Image, Dark Horse and even the House of Mouse won't have an issue paying them. Static vs Miles Morales would be better than the latest Teen Titan getting killed again story.

Does this cover answer that question? Ameythyst is notably absent, but so are all the newbies.

YOUNG JUSTICE #17
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS and DAVID F. WALKER
    art by SCOTT GODLEWSKI
    cover by JOHN TIMMS
    variant cover by MIRKA ANDOLFO
    This very special issue focuses directly on the friendship at the heart of Young Justice: Conner, Tim, and Bart—a.k.a. Superboy, Drake, and Impulse. As younger men, these three iconic heroes built Young Justice on their friendship. Now their dream has grown and changed as much as they have. And with the demands of adulthood pulling them in different directions, they realize that nights like this one
    may never happen again.
    ON SALE 06.03.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC

Extraordinary Member

Does this cover answer that question? Ameythyst is notably absent, but so are all the newbies.
    Naomi is there. But it is just a variant. The actual cover reflects the actual story, which does not tell us much of anything about the future of the cast.

YOUNG JUSTICE #17
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS and DAVID F. WALKER
    art by SCOTT GODLEWSKI
    cover by JOHN TIMMS
    variant cover by MIRKA ANDOLFO
    This very special issue focuses directly on the friendship at the heart of Young Justice: Conner, Tim, and Bart—a.k.a. Superboy, Drake, and Impulse. As younger men, these three iconic heroes built Young Justice on their friendship. Now their dream has grown and changed as much as they have. And with the demands of adulthood pulling them in different directions, they realize that nights like this one
    may never happen again.
    ON SALE 06.03.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    That's a decent theory, and I'm 100% getting that variant cover. But I think variants aren't ever a good judge of what's inside.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    DC is already writing Milestone a check-Static is not on Young Justice for FREE.

DC has to pay Milestone even if they don't use those guys. If NOT Milestone is free to do what Archie did with Red Circle guys-take them back and go elsewhere.

Also understand DC is more than comics as Jamal Igle said. Where us all my Milestone merchandise that I don't have to go to a comic book store to buy?

We have had 2 Static figures and only ONE made it to the comic book store. Whose fault is that?

Where are the trades? The ones with Static are hard to find and at some places got for more money than Punchline's first appearance.

If those fees are too great-TERMINATE the contract. I am sure Boom, Lion Forge, Image, Dark Horse and even the House of Mouse won't have an issue paying them. Static vs Miles Morales would be better than the latest Teen Titan getting killed again story.
    You're making the assumption that DC Comics are simply choosing not to publish Milestone characters, even though they announced Earth M years ago. Evidence suggests that the lawsuit between Milestone and the McDuffie estate was the issue.

Stupid Coronavirus. While we're waiting for the next issue of Bendis's run to drop, here's Peter David talking about the original series.
    https://www.newsarama.com/49943-revi...r-himself.html

Fantastic Member

Does anyone have any thoughts/info on who the other two Infinity Inc cameos in Young Justice Outsiders are?

Infinity,_Inc.jpg

We know that the girl in red is Trajectory, I initially assumed that the other girl was Nat "Starlight" Irons, Steel's niece, but Wikipedia identifies her as Fury (based on a race-swapped version of the DCAU Fury, who has no II connections, and Lex's Fury was an entirely different character (more like an Obsidian/Timber Wolf-hybrid IIRC) but provides no sources; and they can't agree which II member the guy is, intially the (again unsourced) id was Everyman (which would make sense, he was a bald-guy who wore blue, FWIW the DC wiki went with this), but now lists him as Brainwave, despite Henry usually being a redhead and the psionic role already being filled by Bad Samaritan and potentially Psimon.

Thoughts?