Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Is Bendis saying that he's leaving YJ?
    No, that was just my suggestion if in the case the book gets a bigger, consistent, roster.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    No, that was just my suggestion if in the case the book gets a bigger, consistent, roster.
    Whew. I don't want him to leave.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Amethyst, Aqualad and Teen Lantern are nice additions, for the rest there are better solutions like Static,Blue Beetle,Traci 13,Raven (I think original Titans will return, so I think she will be free to join a new team)...
    Eh, the only way to get a roster you like 100% is to write it yourself.

I'm not terribly fond of Amethyst (I don't dislike her, just rather "meh" about her) and I think Teen Lantern is a bad idea DC shouldn't have given in to (though the character herself is fun enough). I'd happily replace both with Beetle and Aqualad. Or Sideways. The Wonder Twins. Empress. Basically any teen hero who isn't Spoiler.

But I'm not writing the book so it's not my call. At least with this larger roster, the characters I *do* want to see have decent odds of showing up at least some of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    do you guys think once bendis leaves the title will DC keep the team of they will disband them once again?
    Hard to say. There's so much happening right now. The sales haven't been great but the team has a certain pedigree and the cartoon has another season on the way. I wouldn't be surprised to see DC keep the book going, hoping to hit the right chords for higher sales.....and I wouldn't be surprised to see them cancel it. Depends on what DC expects from the book, depends on what AT&T want to do with the direct market.....who can say?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I would give Conner a psuedo YJ TV show look mixed with this present look, make Tim look a Lil more like he is still a Robin, he had a couple really nice suits in the past. I would drop everyone besides the YJ4 and add aqualad, blue beetle, static, and ms Martian. Have the best chance of bringing in the TV shows fans thst wouldn't like such a large departure from the TV show. Not to mention they are more popular characters and bring in more comic fans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Eh, the only way to get a roster you like 100% is to write it yourself.

I'm not terribly fond of Amethyst (I don't dislike her, just rather "meh" about her) and I think Teen Lantern is a bad idea DC shouldn't have given in to (though the character herself is fun enough). I'd happily replace both with Beetle and Aqualad. Or Sideways. The Wonder Twins. Empress. Basically any teen hero who isn't Spoiler.
    I dont know how powerful REBIRTH Amethyst is, but Pre-Flashpoint Amethyst was one of DC most powerful magicians (during Infinite Crisis she was able to fight against Spectre and survive).
    Like I said I dont know how powerful she is, but she is a magician and thats something what YJ needs, even if I would prefer TRACI13 or ZACHARY ZATANNA.

I always thougth that Lanterns are one of the most boring Superheroes ever, but Teen Lantern made me change my opinion.
    She was the first Lantern who I really liked AND she is together with Bart the main protagonist of YJ so far.
    She and Bart are the two most entertaining characters in YJ so far (I really LOVED for example the dialogue between TEEN LANTERN and KINGDOM COME HAL JORDAN).
    TIms Generation never had a Green Lantern (which is STRANGE, because the earth has MANY Lanterns with Jordan,Kyle,Simon,Jessica,John,Jade,Alan,Guy)
    I would have prefered Jessica Cruz to become a member of YJ, but TEEN LANTERN really is together with Bart the most entertaining character in YJ so far.

I personally dont like DIAL H FOR HERO and SPOILER...
    I NEVER liked Dial H for Hero Idea, Spoiler is just a human with no powers like Drake.

My problem with the current Roster of YJ is that there are to many characters with no or little experience in the team (compared with Cassie,Bart,Tim and Conner) and the power level might also not be as high as the "old" YJ (Empress,Conner,Bart,Tim,Cassie,Secret,Arrowette) or TT (Cassie,Conner,Bart,Tim,Starfire,Cyborg,Raven, Static, Blue Beetle,....)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I would give Conner a psuedo YJ TV show look mixed with this present look, make Tim look a Lil more like he is still a Robin, he had a couple really nice suits in the past. I would drop everyone besides the YJ4 and add aqualad, blue beetle, static, and ms Martian. Have the best chance of bringing in the TV shows fans thst wouldn't like such a large departure from the TV show. Not to mention they are more popular characters and bring in more comic fans.
    They already did add Aqualad.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They already did add Aqualad.

Well that's good, I just want him to be full time now, plus beetle, static, and Megan

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I'm a few issues behind, but I saw this image. Who is the girl with the pink hair behind, who I think, is Dial H?
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post

I'm a few issues behind, but I saw this image. Who is the girl with the pink hair behind, who I think, is Dial H?
    I think that's the girl from Dial H for Hero in whatever power form she and her friend with the Dial got for this occasion.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

That's also a Dial H. Her name is Summer. She and Miguel share the H Dial.

lol, we posted at the same time.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-22-2020 at 07:19 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm kind of amazed she made it into the special .

There was a profile of her too. Said that when she grows up, maybe she'll get a proper Green Lantern ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of amazed she made it into the special .
    I mean...Bendis.

Maybe his next project is actually Green Lantern related.

Also, I love Lafuente.

There was a profile of her too. Said that when she grows up, maybe she'll get a proper Green Lantern ring.
    I think we have enough proper Lanterns at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I mean...Bendis.

Maybe his next project is actually Green Lantern related.

Also, I love Lafuente.
    Not sure how I'd feel about Bendis on a GL book (unless it was a Teen Lantern solo/mini?).

Love Lafuente too .