Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

There should be a CBR article on how many times she was ignored by the writers on these events LOL. I'm so annoyed how Illyana's in the scenes where she's supposed to be with her family.
    Last edited by Cerridwen; 11-25-2020 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She got to use Emma's daughters instead, aka all 5 Cuckoos. It wasnt as impressive as the telepathic team she led in Disassembled. To her credit, Rachel was among the X-men that she led into battle once Otherworld was breached, but she didnt do much
    Sadly, they couldn't even color Rachel's outfit properly. Is monochromatic THAT hard?

Fantastic Member

The whole event was for Rachel fans like us a bait and switch. Appearing on the promo material again only to have a limited role at the beginning and whatever that was at the end there. I was going to be kind and say maybe Jean used Emma's kids because of their connection to Cable, but Rachel is his freaking sister! So very disappointing. You are assembling a team to go to Otherworld to fight and you find excuses not to take Nightcrawler and Kitty and then you don't even ask Rachel anything. The whole thing was stupid

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean mentions in today's Cable that she's going to gather of team of telepaths to breach Otherworld. If Rachel isnt selected to be on her team, you know Marvel aint sh-t
    Quoting to remind us that Marvel aint ****.

I'm going to go for the No-Prize here and say that Jean, who is leading the charge in part to rescue her son, is sidelining Rachel intentionally so her only daughter is not put in the line of fire. Jean TRIED to send Rachel on a side mission to distract her from the main fight, but Rachel saw through that and ducked back in for the group charge when Jean's back was turned!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I'm going to go for the No-Prize here and say that Jean, who is leading the charge in part to rescue her son, is sidelining Rachel intentionally so her only daughter is not put in the line of fire. Jean TRIED to send Rachel on a side mission to distract her from the main fight, but Rachel saw through that and ducked back in for the group charge when Jean's back was turned!
    Although what you say makes sense and as a Rachel fan I would have been happy for that to have taken place, unfortunately as has been pointed out to me. If it doesn't happen on panel then that's not what's happening. In the end they opted yet again to not use Rachel.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

That doesn't explain why if Jean is assembling powerful telepaths to smash through a barrier she wouldn't use Rachel. If Jean had once addressed Rachel in DoX I'd want to believe this fantasy. But she hasn't and doesn't care to engage with a Rachel. #facts

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    That doesn't explain why if Jean is assembling powerful telepaths to smash through a barrier she wouldn't use Rachel. If Jean had once addressed Rachel in DoX I'd want to believe this fantasy. But she hasn't and doesn't care to engage with a Rachel. #facts
    They are living togheter on the moon ffs
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    By definition a NO-PRIZE is explaining a story point that is either a continuity mistake or just a screw up by creating a circumstance that helps it make sense.
    If Jean is assembling an assault that may result in death, and doesn't want to put another child at risk doing so (with Young Cable already compromised), it makes sense that she would NOT use Rachel in the mission.

Fantastic Member

By definition a NO-PRIZE is explaining a story point that is either a continuity mistake or just a screw up by creating a circumstance that helps it make sense.
    If Jean is assembling an assault that may result in death, and doesn't want to put another child at risk doing so (with Young Cable already compromised), it makes sense that she would NOT use Rachel in the mission.
    I don't disagree and if that is the reasoning then I just want it on panel. Show us that she cares enough to think like that for her family.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    I don't disagree and if that is the reasoning then I just want it on panel. Show us that she cares enough to think like that for her family.
    If it were ON PANEL it wouldn't require a No-Prize submission. Its an attempt to fanwank something that makes no sense in canon.

CC talked about rachel:
    "Considering my vision of the X-Men was that it's all one storyline from 94-279 page 11, I'd rather just rewrite the whole thing," Claremont said. "If I could, I would revisit the Rachel arc I was starting at issue 209, so I could finish it as a miniseries or a maxiseries that starts off Excalibur. I'd like to revisit the story of Rachel, so I could get it better with her and the Phoenix. My B wish? I would rather have found a way to talk Jim Shooter into agreeing to my proposition when I heard about X-Factor, which was to leave Jean dead and hold onto the existing continuity. Bring Scott back with Madelyne and the baby for him to become the Professor X of X-Factor, and bring in Jean's sister as the unattached member of the team, and thereby give Hank and Bobby and Warren something to do rather than rendering them functionally irrelevant."

From Bleedin Cool https://bleedingcool.com/comics/chri...-from-scratch/
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The writers opted to not use a lot of fan-favourite characters for this event. Emma, Bishop, Kate, Nightcrawler, all of the Classic New Mutants except for Illyana etc etc etc ...that does not mean there's some grand conspiracy against this or that single character. X-Facter is returning to its "regularly scheduled programme" I'm sure you will see more of Rachel there....Just as I will see more of Emma and Kate in Marauders and the Rahne and Dani in New Mutants.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Last edited by juan678; 11-28-2020 at 04:24 AM.

You know i wonder if Rachel would defy the Otherworld death thing and still come back as herself. I think people seem to forget that this is exactly the same rachel in that this rachel is the only one to exist in all realities and claremont tied her to the 616 so for all intents and purposes rachel is no longer from an alternate universe and if otherworld death creates an amaglam that's not possible since only one rachel exists in all reality.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/