Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Ray is on the cover of the next Giant Sized (whether she’s in it is another matter, I suspect not, but hey, having her drawn by Alan Davis again is always a bonus).

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Ray is on the cover of the next Giant Sized (whether she’s in it is another matter, I suspect not, but hey, having her drawn by Alan Davis again is always a bonus).
    Can u post the image please? I can´t find it

Edited: I found it. I hope see Rachel drawn by Alan Davis because Alan Davis is god.

xmengsnightcrawler2020001_cov.jpg
    Last edited by askani_son; 01-14-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post
    Can u post the image please? I can´t find it
    Sorry, darling.
    C28D87BF-C7D5-4306-AFBF-C41D1BC1B2AE.jpg
    There you go. But I’m guessing Ray herself won’t be in the book, we’ll see when it comes out.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Sorry, darling.
    C28D87BF-C7D5-4306-AFBF-C41D1BC1B2AE.jpg
    There you go. But I’m guessing Ray herself won’t be in the book, we’ll see when it comes out.
    Who knows, but I love that Alan put a "Rachel" in her Phoenix Hound costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Oh yeah, Excalibur Rachel was a huge favourite of mine.

Fantastic Member

I'd like to see her in that book with Nightcrawler and I have to say Red hound costume from Excalibur days is probably my favourite costume for her.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I know many prefer to distance Rachel from her "hound" history (understandably) but has she ever used her tracking training in this capacity before?
    As someone who used to volunteer at a trauma center for the physically and emotionally abused, it only bothers me because it feels like they're trivializing just how bad it was for Rachel to be turned into a hound and potentially forced to do extremely heinous things. Some of the things she may not entirely recall herself, as the mind's defensive mechanisms can be very powerful in its efforts to protect a victim's psyche. That Rachel isn't a basket case is already proof enough to me how strong she is. But just as it doesn't make a rape victim stronger to be able to share a park bench and tea with the person that repeatedly raped them, or a child stronger for being able to use a steak knife at dinner after having his arms almost completely severed by his knife-wielding mother, I don't think it's a good look for Rachel to bask in her inner hound. That's not her. That was never her. But now they're saying it is as if it was a merry time to be had by all.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Hmm Rachel will be the team rebel then hmmm

Well I'm curious how she'll interact with the others , does she really have that much history with ANY of them? What do you all expect for Rachel and these others?

Like you might imagine Rachel and Lorna to be closer they're both adult women and extremely powerful and also daughters of very influential characters

I wonder if they'll be played off of each other in some ways for this run like show contrast or something philosophically. But if Rachel is a "James Dean" "Rebel Without A Cause" then maybe Lorna is the "pro Krakoa Do Not Question The Council" type?
    She definitely came off as such under Hickman's pen, however I hope Rachel and Lorna gets to fully develop a relationship they could be great friends.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I hope they get to go on an investigation together. I would love a crossover where Rachel and Jean are working on a mission together in the A story, and the other team members are working together in the B story.

Honestly, I've been waiting for years for a writer to put all the X-telepaths on a team to investigate a major psychic event. Hickman for all his faults was inspired bringing Jean/Storm/Emma together for that upcoming one shot. All I need now is a team of Xavier, Jean, Emma, Rachel, The Stepford Cuckoos, and Bets taking on a team threat.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Thats my favorite version of Rachel ever. Excalibur version. I still don't like what CC did with her in Reload. I loved his XSE/Reload every way else, though. I don't like girly Ray I like Badass Ray and the matronly hair clashes with the spikes. I don't want her to have the mullet again of course but I think she looks best with short hair.

Something like these looks.

Edit: Sorry for the rather large pics as they aren't this big on the webhost I'm using.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 01-16-2020 at 03:52 PM.

I love coming to my comic book store and seeing Rachel on the shelf, I hope I can see her more times this year (factor yeahhh).
    IMG_20200117_094345.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    As someone who used to volunteer at a trauma center for the physically and emotionally abused, it only bothers me because it feels like they're trivializing just how bad it was for Rachel to be turned into a hound and potentially forced to do extremely heinous things. Some of the things she may not entirely recall herself, as the mind's defensive mechanisms can be very powerful in its efforts to protect a victim's psyche. That Rachel isn't a basket case is already proof enough to me how strong she is. But just as it doesn't make a rape victim stronger to be able to share a park bench and tea with the person that repeatedly raped them, or a child stronger for being able to use a steak knife at dinner after having his arms almost completely severed by his knife-wielding mother, I don't think it's a good look for Rachel to bask in her inner hound. That's not her. That was never her. But now they're saying it is as if it was a merry time to be had by all.
    I 'met' her in Excalibur, so for me her 'Hound costume' is the natural one. In this costume, I saw her confident and mature, not at all traumatized.
    I can also argue that the red leather costume cannot really be called 'Hound costume' because this latter was black, didn't seem in leather, made her look like a silhouette, although both have also spikes…
    Another costume would be good too, I would mean that Rachel isn't stuck in the past, providing it is sober, elegant in line with her sharp mind (when she is written like I first saw her… which is apparently not the case anymore since a long time).
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

The look she has on X-Factor(both costume and hair) is my favorite for her, so I have nothing to complain about.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I would like it better if she used the coat

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I would like it better if she used the coat
    I feel like the coat is too clunky. it was nice when depicted right and the frill resembled the Phoenix tail, but I think a streamlined costume works best for fighting and such. This and her Starjammers outfit are my favorite among the more recent costumes of hers.

Starjammers outfit
    WITH the spiked armguard, *chef kiss*.

WITHOUT the spiked armguard, *gag*