Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Finally got round to reading the newest Avengers. Not a fan of the Phoenix being over there but the last couple of pages with Jean talking about the Phoenix force with Wolverine on the moon is a bit of a hit again. They just don't want to admit Rachel was the Phoenix for years do they.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    Finally got round to reading the newest Avengers. Not a fan of the Phoenix being over there but the last couple of pages with Jean talking about the Phoenix force with Wolverine on the moon is a bit of a hit again. They just don't want to admit Rachel was the Phoenix for years do they.
    That's to much like admitting they know Marvel history.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

No suprise than. That would be like writing in story that the Phoenix could be more than just the big bad force of destruction.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Since no one writes issue reviews in the Marvel/Avengers thread, I don't know what's going on in that story. From what I've seen/heard Logan can sense the Force (which makes literally no sense since he doesn't have a connection to it yet) and Jean says it's not coming for her. I'm assuming Rachel won't be mentioned at all, just the P5, Jean, and Logan.

And also the hypocrisy of the Avengers wanting to be avatars of the Phoenix Force after actively demonizing it isn't lost on anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Since no one writes issue reviews in the Marvel/Avengers thread, I don't know what's going on in that story. From what I've seen/heard Logan can sense the Force (which makes literally no sense since he doesn't have a connection to it yet) and Jean says it's not coming for her. I'm assuming Rachel won't be mentioned at all, just the P5, Jean, and Logan.

And also the hypocrisy of the Avengers wanting to be avatars of the Phoenix Force after actively demonizing it isn't lost on anyone.
    Yeah, I think the PF is going to pick an Avenger, but I do not know why.

Well I try not to retain any of Arron's Avengers mess, but apparently Khonshu the god of the Moon has used his "champion" to usurp the powers of Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, the Black Panther's heart herb, the spirit of Vengeance and Mjolnir (because it is made of moon rock) to save (conquer) the world from Mephisto. All Khonshu needs is the power of the Starbrand that's in the body of a freaking new born baby.

Somehow Panther was able to beat Moon Knight who has the power of Ironfist while making him question Khonshu. Moon Knight breaks away from the moon god and then somehow bonds with the Phoenix force, which was on its way back to Earth because of Namor. Now as the latest stupid host of the Phoenix, Moon Knight was able to defeat Khonshu with one punch, and with the help of Black Panther, Captain America and Robbie Reyes, freeing up the usurped powers from the other mystical heroes, giving the Iron First to She-Hulk, and somehow making Blade a temporary Sorcerer Supreme.

They even strapped Khonshu on the hood of the ghost car, while Ironman, Cap. Marvel and the freaking new born blasted mummies and moon acolytes.

As that ended, Moon Knight is in orbit, pondering stuff, while Mjolnir flew to the cage of Moons holding Thor, who has the Thor(Oldin)Force now that he's king of Asgard. Thor breaks free and say his little retort to Moon Phoenix before knocking him back down to Earth where the Phoenix left the loser to, I guess, find it's next host.

The last two pages was Jean and Wolverine. Somehow Logan was able to "feel" the force in "inside my bones", "like a dumpster fire". Jean says, "it's not here for me this time. It's come to search for... someone new. There will a calling", whatever that means.

Logan suggest they look for it but she like, 'oh hell no' (not her words). Then he's like 'I'm going and I got six reasons how he can stop it'. Sure Jan.

Art was great, Story was beyond stupid and shows how Aaron doesn't respect history, character, their powers and myths or anything else. To him, character's powers are all transferable -- no need to learn -- just simply use. New born babies can wield universal powers like its nothing. Khonshu is somehow treated like a Skyfather, beating Mephisto, taking control of Mjolnir and imprisoning All-Father level Thor, but gets beat by Moon Pheonix, and to be finished off by Ghost Rider and Black Panther.

It just didn't make any sense.
    Last edited by Alphaxman; 10-20-2020 at 08:49 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. the HILARITY!!!

If any of that is true (and I really have no reason to doubt you, Alpha...) well...I think Aaron is in clear and desperate need of an intervention of some sort. Either by taking away the drugs and alcohol or giving him drugs and alcohol.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Well I try not to retain any of Arron's Avengers mess, but apparently Khonshu the god of the Moon has used his "champion" to usurp the powers of Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, the Black Panther's heart herb, the spirit of Vengeance and Mjolnir (because it is made of moon rock) to save (conquer) the world from Mephisto. All Khonshu needs is the power of the Starbrand that's in the body of a freaking new born baby.

Somehow Panther was able to beat Moon Knight who has the power of Ironfist while making him question Khonshu. Moon Knight breaks away from the moon god and then somehow bonds with the Phoenix force, which was on its way back to Earth because of Namor. Now as the latest stupid host of the Phoenix, Moon Knight was able to defeat Khonshu with one punch, and with the help of Black Panther, Captain America and Robbie Reyes, freeing up the usurped powers from the other mystical heroes, giving the Iron First to She-Hulk, and somehow making Blade a temporary Sorcerer Supreme.

They even strapped Khonshu on the hood of the ghost car, while Ironman, Cap. Marvel and the freaking new born blasted mummies and moon acolytes.

As that ended, Moon Knight is in orbit, pondering stuff, while Mjolnir flew to the cage of Moons holding Thor, who has the Thor(Oldin)Force now that he's king of Asgard. Thor breaks free and say his little retort to Moon Phoenix before knocking him back down to Earth where the Phoenix left the loser to, I guess, find it's next host.

The last two pages was Jean and Wolverine. Somehow Logan was able to "feel" the force in "inside my bones", "like a dumpster fire". Jean says, "it's not here for me this time. It's come to search for... someone new. There will a calling", whatever that means.

Logan suggest they look for it but she like, 'oh hell no' (not her words). Then he's like 'I'm going and I got six reasons how he can stop it'. Sure Jan.

Art was great, Story was beyond stupid and shows how Aaron doesn't respect history, character, their powers and myths or anything else. To him, character's powers are all transferable -- no need to learn -- just simply use. New born babies can wield universal powers like its nothing. Khonshu is somehow treated like a Skyfather, beating Mephisto, taking control of Mjolnir and imprisoning All-Father level Thor, but gets beat by Moon Pheonix, and to be finished off by Ghost Rider and Black Panther.

Scott Synder and Jason Aaron going on an acid trip contest.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post

That about sums it up. It's absolutely stupid and completely ignores everything from the past. Logan having a feeling????? what the freaking hell is that? They just show a panel of Rachel shrugging her shoulders wondering what the hell she has to do to get any respect lol

If that's what Aaron had planned...I'm glad Rachel is being ignored. She does not need to be near that rubbish. It will only dirty and stain her brand new XF outfit.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Aaron never used Rachel either. It was Quentin 24/7.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

No matter how hard they try, the desperate attempts to strip mine X-men lore to build up their film universe cash cow will always disgust me. Even if x-men's in the MCU now, creatively it comes down to the fact the Avengers just aren't very interesting on their own and need to pull from x-men lore to split the difference. Sad.

... not that I have strong and slightly bitter opinions about this or anything. Still. LMAO.

And perhaps its the timeframe I began reading comics, Rachel IS The Phoenix to me. She's the only one who proved it could work.

But...and this is purely subjective...Rachel, as with Jean, at their fullest and their best do not need the Phoenix. As history go...the PF was just a plot device. Yes, interesting for the time but it has certainly outlived its usefulness and its importance.

Jean and Rachel ignoring the PF is awesome for their characters.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Aaron never used Rachel either. It was Quentin 24/7.
    Well that's not entirely true. While QQ was his Phoenix choice in the Thor series, Aaron did write a good one issue about Rachel being a previous host. It's the issue where she takes down Thor sans Phoenix. So he at least acknowledged her history with the bird.

I know Rachel doesn't the Phoenix (even though she was the best host that bird has ever had) I just wish she would go find it to fugitively slap some sense into it. Its has no purpose now. Every since AvX it will take any and everyone as a host. It at least used to have an awareness and would converse with its host when it wasn't lying dormant. Now its no different than cosmic power-up, like the Star Brand, Enigma Force or Galactus' power cosmic makeover. Aaron is totally ruining its mythos.