Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I know Rachel doesn't the Phoenix (even though she was the best host that bird has ever had) I just wish she would go find it to fugitively slap some sense into it. Its has no purpose now. Every since AvX it will take any and everyone as a host. It at least used to have an awareness and would converse with its host when it wasn't lying dormant. Now its no different than cosmic power-up, like the Star Brand, Enigma Force or Galactus' power cosmic makeover. Aaron is totally ruining its mythos.
    I would really like to see that. Rachel just comes out of nowhere and tells the damn thing off. Pointing out how low it's standards have fallen and to go back home and think about what it's done.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    I would really like to see that. Rachel just comes out of nowhere and tells the damn thing off. Pointing out how low it's standards have fallen and to go back home and think about what it's done.
    Or showing up on the last page just absorbing the bird back (out of everyone) saying, "Well I think we've heard enough from you" and casually flying back to Krakoa.

Fantastic Member

Again, she is at the mercy of whether the current writer acknowledges her past with the Phoenix force. I’d like to think that after all the brain washing, getting pulled back and forth the time stream and eventually being separated from the force that she have a very vague memory of being a phoenix host. The more recent writers seem to focus more on giving her an identity outside of her Phoenix past. I’m happy where is at right now in XFactor minus the unflattering harem pants lol. Maybe they’ll give us little hints here and there of her Phoenix potential without featuring the freaking bird lol

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Or showing up on the last page just absorbing the bird back (out of everyone) saying, "Well I think we've heard enough from you" and casually flying back to Krakoa.
    yeah that's a better idea. Only problem is the writers wouldn't have a clue what to do with her and we'd be left with her gone again, Jean dying again and or both

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    yeah that's a better idea. Only problem is the writers wouldn't have a clue what to do with her and we'd be left with her gone again, Jean dying again and or both
    But I would trust Hickman or Leah to handle the Phoenix better than Aaron. And if Rachel takes it, it CERTAINLY would not mean that Jean would die as Jean isn't going anywhere.

I think Rachel need to keep forging ahead without the Phoenix Force, as she has been doing.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I think Rachel need to keep forging ahead without the Phoenix Force, as she has been doing.
    I agree. As much I love her as Phoenix, it just makes a redundant Jean Grey wannabee character to most writers. It would be nice to see her forge a new identity independent of Jean and the phoenix.

Fantastic Member

No more Phoenix.

Is it pretty much universally agreed upon that Alan Davis is the greatest Rachel writer of all time. I would say Claremont follows but he lost credit with Reloaded Rachel (Besides End of Greys).
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Is it pretty much universally agreed upon that Alan Davis is the greatest Rachel writer of all time. I would say Claremont follows but he lost credit with Reloaded Rachel (Besides End of Greys).
    Davis Excalibur run was great and I would like it if the Phoenix returns like that. Hickman could do it and it would finally put a stop to Aaron using the Phoenix.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    But I would trust Hickman or Leah to handle the Phoenix better than Aaron. And if Rachel takes it, it CERTAINLY would not mean that Jean would die as Jean isn't going anywhere.
    So true. And I would trust any writer on the current X-Men stuff to handle it better than Aaron. And not just the Phoenix.
    As said before if they make the Phoenix more than just an engine of destruction like in the last years I would be glad.
    And the power could be handled more or less like Davis did.
    All this makes me want to reread his Excalibur again this weekend^^

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I say Davis, followed by Weinberg, then Claremont. That one run on Cable by Weinberg with Rachel was fantastic and I wish he had been able to continue it, but the whole line changed. Claremont has been hit or miss. He did good things with Rachel during her initial stint on the X-Men, which then she got side-lined because of Jean's return. He did good things with the initial Excalibur premise and then with Days of Futures Present, but for the most part he wrote an awful Rachel in her second Uncanny stint. He wrote a better Ray in the limited Amazing X-Men, but she was still a prop for other characters or a jobber. I'm happier with Leah's Ray right now.

And also, I'm not advocating for Rachel to be Phoenix again. I think the concept has been tarnished too much and I don't see it doing her any favours.

For Rachel, it would be like going backwards.

I would rather see Rachel continue to go forward (as she has been doing) but with even more personal character development.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    For Rachel, it would be like going backwards.

I would rather see Rachel continue to go forward (as she has been doing) but with even more personal character development.
    Yeah I am not advocating for her to have teh Phoenix force back as well. Just saying I think what everyone else is saying is that the Phoenix has been so incorrectly used over teh last little while that they should just stop for a few years. I am looking forward to character development in X-Factor as well.

First Look: The Prequel to ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’.

Chris Claremont and Salvador Larroca present ‘Uncanny X-Men #140.5,’ the prelude chapter to the famous X-event.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...of-future-past

uncxfv2020140_page_2.jpg