Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I could live with it being just a psychic projection instead of an actual ever-present scar although could you imagine a ww2 holocaust survivor still using those nazi number codes to represent himself on a day to day basis?
    I think it's a great use of her houndmarks to represent her psi-link to people but not have to wear the actual houndmarks. Enough is enough with them at this point. If everyone else who had to wear them stopped, so should she.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I think it's a great use of her houndmarks to represent her psi-link to people but not have to wear the actual houndmarks. Enough is enough with them at this point. If everyone else who had to wear them stopped, so should she.
    Yeah its her psi-signature much like Betsy had the butterfly when she psi-linked with people. She's one of the few telepath that has a visual representation of that which isnt a random color aura

I love Rachel's chronoskimming and the fact that finally a writer is showing effort and love toward her.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I love Rachel's chronoskimming and the fact that finally a writer is showing effort and love toward her.
    Seemed more like a buzz term today. Rachel basically used telepathy and Leah called it chronoskimming.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Seemed more like a buzz term today. Rachel basically used telepathy and Leah called it chronoskimming.
    It was definitely chronoskimming. It was made clear if a mutant dies in Otherworld because it is the nexus of all realities they will become an amaglam of that. Rachel checked rockslides entire history which would have covered traumas etc and found absolutely nothing in all of possible time except the memories of him being cradled and the "i'm sorry" That is what effectively makes him a baby, he only had one thought and experience in all of reality latch on to his new amalgamation.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It was definitely chronoskimming. It was made clear if a mutant dies in Otherworld because it is the nexus of all realities they will become an amaglam of that. Rachel checked rockslides entire history which would have covered traumas etc and found absolutely nothing in all of possible time except the memories of him being cradled and the "i'm sorry" That is what effectively makes him a baby, he only had one thought and experience in all of reality latch on to his new amalgamation.
    I see nothing different about what she did today and what any other telepathic scan would do. I think Leah overly complicated things here as a telepathic scan should have only found 1 week memories, but she called it chronoskimming to give Rachel a moment.

I disagree, Rachel did not just re-experince the events from nuRockslide pov (like a telepath would) but she literally rewinded his temporal life-line watching it from the outside like someone would watch a movie.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I disagree, Rachel did not just re-experince the events from nuRockslide pov (like a telepath would) but she literally rewinded his temporal life-line watching it from the outside like someone would watch a movie.
    Bingo! If Rockslide is a new being the concrete memory of lorna crying over him would have been from a specific different reality from the rockslide a normal telepath was scanning. They could not do what rachel did because they would have gotten nothing from this current version.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

When Jean went rummaging through Emma's memories, she also saw it as an outsider and not through Emma's eyes. Im not seeing what Rachel did as anything different than a telepathic scan except that we are now giving it a different term

When Jean went rummaging through Emma's memories, she also saw it as an outsider and not through Emma's eyes. Im not seeing what Rachel did as anything different than a telepathic scan except that we are now giving it a different term

but this is only a telepathic representation, it may or may not be accurate, in fact it can only show stuff emma was able to witness experience or imagine, it would not show for instance a conversation people had around her while she was passed out or in a coma, it would not show people around her body after her death etc.

I see nothing different about what she did today and what any other telepathic scan would do. I think Leah overly complicated things here as a telepathic scan should have only found 1 week memories, but she called it chronoskimming to give Rachel a moment.
    I respectfully disagree. One of the unique psionic abilities that Rachel has done from the get go that set her apart from other telepaths is the ability to combine her telepathy and telekinesis (inherited) with her unique mutant ability of temporal manipulation. It is how she was able to exchange minds with Kitty across dimensions and time. It's how the Phoenix Force was able to hyperload her powers to physically send her to 616. It's how she was able to snag Scott and Jean's consciousness and bring them into the future to raise Cable. She's been shown to emit a 4th dimensional pulse which allows her to pierce and perceive multiple realities and times vs linear psychometry. Chronoskimming. While I am sure other telepaths might be able to do something similar she's more specialized.

The term chronoskimming has been associated with her powers for well over a decade, Leah is just the first writer to be able to utilize them in a long time. So this isn't a new buzzword for her abilities. Why hasn't it been used more? When asked waaay back during War of Kings, Yost said that editorial determined that Rachel lost her chronoskimming and time abilities as there was a mortarium on time travelers and abilities (which Bendis then broke later). It was touched upon briefly during the "X-Men" run with the all female cast, but until Leah it hasn't been called out and utilized.

I respectfully disagree. One of the unique psionic abilities that Rachel has done from the get go that set her apart from other telepaths is the ability to combine her telepathy and telekinesis (inherited) with her unique mutant ability of temporal manipulation. It is how she was able to exchange minds with Kitty across dimensions and time. It's how the Phoenix Force was able to hyperload her powers to physically send her to 616. It's how she was able to snag Scott and Jean's consciousness and bring them into the future to raise Cable. She's been shown to emit a 4th dimensional pulse which allows her to pierce and perceive multiple realities and times vs linear psychometry. Chronoskimming. While I am sure other telepaths might be able to do something similar she's more specialized.

The term chronoskimming has been associated with her powers for well over a decade, Leah is just the first writer to be able to utilize them in a long time. So this isn't a new buzzword for her abilities. Why hasn't it been used more? When asked waaay back during War of Kings, Yost said that editorial determined that Rachel lost her chronoskimming and time abilities as there was a mortarium on time travelers and abilities (which Bendis then broke later). It was touched upon briefly during the "X-Men" run with the all female cast, but until Leah it hasn't been called out and utilized.
    Did you read today's issue? I didnt say chronoskimming was a new buzzword, but how it was used today, was. The first issue of this series had her using chronoskinning and yes it was different than telepathy and unique to Rachel. What she did today wasnt all that different than what Jean or any powerful telepath can and have done. It did not see like something that needed its own seperate term

I wanna make some better examples:
    Let's say a blindfolded person were to trow a dice and never see the actual result, a tp user the next day would be able to read their mind but still be unable to determine the result of the roll while Rachel chronoskimming would allow Rachel to witness the event and effectively report on the roll resulted from the cast of the dice.
    Lets say you are walking in a crowd and when you get home you realize your wallet is gone, a telepath analyzing your memories could never tell you what actually happened to your wallet but Rachel could witness you walking in a crowd being followed by the thief that ultimately ends up pick pocketing you and leaving you obliviously wallet less.

Straight from the writer's mouth:

https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/...93025824731137

Also that Phoenix line is petty and I love it lol

Straight from the writer's mouth:

https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/...93025824731137

Also that Phoenix line is petty and I love it lol
    LOL...which one of ya'll went and talked about me?

Leah didnt do anything to actually address my claim about what was done today but she also wasnt given the proper context to what I had written