Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 795 of 941
  1. #781
    Astonishing Member Thirteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    so is x-factor done in the x of swords crossover? they got one issue, that's it? I feel like there was no real reason for lorna and team to be involved in this at all other than to tie that one issue into the event for sales.
    It would appear so. More time to build on the books content and develop Rachel and the others into their roles. I hate when a book gets derailed so early in its run. Sometimes they never recover from Crossover-itis.




    Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    I believe it’s time to bring back Rachel’s ponytail and spikes. She looks glorious in her hound outfit.
    With regard to the Hound outfit, the only thing I dislike more than how "attractively" fetishized the (original) look has become when drawn by some artists, is when they give Rachel LONG HAIR while she's wearing it during her enslavement period.
    That should be strict buzzcut depersonalized enslaved Red. Rachel reclaimed the look later and then had more hair (even then it was just a braided rat-tail).

  2. #782
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    It would appear so. More time to build on the books content and develop Rachel and the others into their roles. I hate when a book gets derailed so early in its run. Sometimes they never recover from Crossover-itis.
    Agreed. While I do like that Rachel and Lorna are being used throughout the event, I appreciate that Leah is allowed to continue building this book during the event without interference. Wood's X-Men was getting to gel nicely until Battle of the Atom broke the team up.


    With regard to the Hound outfit, the only thing I dislike more than how "attractively" fetishized the (original) look has become when drawn by some artists, is when they give Rachel LONG HAIR while she's wearing it during her enslavement period.
    That should be strict buzzcut depersonalized enslaved Red. Rachel reclaimed the look later and then had more hair (even then it was just a braided rat-tail).
    Same. She's not supposed to have a rattail or long hair as a hound, it's a hindrance and a human trait which she is conditioned to not be.

  3. #783

  4. #784
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Wow, that is excellent. I love the detail, the freckles under her eyes and over her nose is such a humanizing feature and really ties in her heritage with Jean and Scott.

  5. #785
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    It's lovely....EXCEPT FOR THE BLUE EYES...…..

  6. #786
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    146

    Default

    I haven't had a chance to look at the upcoming releases. Is there no X-Factor this month? Because this terrible x of swords event needs to be over.

  7. #787
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    373

    Default

    I'm annoyed that Rachel doesn't have a solo cover yet

  8. #788
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    525

    Default

    Rachel wasn't even mentioned when Jean thought of needing telepathic help to break through Saturnyne's block. Rachel and Jean live in the same household but the first names she thinks of are "Emma and the girls" to get telepathic support. And Rachel was the psychic teacher at the Jean Grey school!

  9. #789
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    6,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Rachel wasn't even mentioned when Jean thought of needing telepathic help to break through Saturnyne's block. Rachel and Jean live in the same household but the first names she thinks of are "Emma and the girls" to get telepathic support. And Rachel was the psychic teacher at the Jean Grey school!
    I dislike it when good continuity and things that make sense, such as what you point out, are just totally ignored these days. There just seems to be some "mental block" of the writers not having Jean and Rachel appearing together, working together, bonding, etc.

  10. #790
    Astonishing Member Zelena's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I dislike it when good continuity and things that make sense, such as what you point out, are just totally ignored these days. There just seems to be some "mental block" of the writers not having Jean and Rachel appearing together, working together, bonding, etc.
    Rachel is a bit redundant when Jean Grey is present. Her best days were in Excalibur when Jean was just a shadow in her memories.
    The fact that the X-characters are all in the same place doesn’t help.

  11. #791
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Rachel is a bit redundant when Jean Grey is present. Her best days were in Excalibur when Jean was just a shadow in her memories.
    The fact that the X-characters are all in the same place doesn’t help.
    1) I disagree with your opinion that Rachel is redundant when Jean is present. We don't live in the 80's and 90's anymore when there was only one telepath per team. If Rachel is redundant when Jean is present, then having all the Cuckoos is redundant when Emma is present. Or does that make Betsy and Quentin also redundant? But regardless of your assessment of redundacy, Jean required the assistance of other telepaths to break Saturnyne's block. Are you saying that it's Jean's MO now to exclude Rachel when requiring multiple telepathic assistance from a foe that Rachel has intimate experience with? It's pooor writing.

    2) While I think that some great characterization happened during that time period, Jean was never just a shadow as she knew Jean was alive almost the entirety of that original run. The reason Rachel and Jean weren't allowed to interact was because Rachel was the Phoenix, which was problematic as at that time Rachel would be too OP to include in the story and they didn't want fragile Jean to have to deal with the Phoenix yet. I think Rachel has grown enormously as a character from her downgrade by Claremont in Uncanny. I feel that Weinberg's Cable run was also a great run and strides in her character.

  12. #792
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,116

    Default

    Spoiler for if Rachel was included on Jean's team of telepaths in the XOS finale

    spoilers:
    She was not. What a waste of an opportunity especially give Rachel's history with Saturnyne and what was teased in the first issue
    end of spoilers

  13. #793
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Spoiler for if Rachel was included on Jean's team of telepaths in the XOS finale

    spoilers:
    She was not. What a waste of an opportunity especially give Rachel's history with Saturnyne and what was teased in the first issue
    end of spoilers
    So who was? I'm genuinely intrigued.

    I wish I could say I'm not disappointed that Marvel didn't let Jean acknowledge Rachel. It tarnishes her now for me, you know? Like the Jean was saw in Red was a fluke and Jean really is the Extermination/Gold Jean we got who is apathetic to Rachel.

    And in reading the reviews and comments on other threads no one else mentioned that, so I guess it goes without saying that if Jean is looking for telepathic help on a mission against a character that Rachel knows well, she does not think Rachel is useful. It sounds like Jean had a decent showing but this sours it tbh.

  14. #794
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,724

    Default

    Side note: I just realized that at this point Dawn of X is now over. So that means that Jean hasn't talked or interacted with Rachel in the entirety of Dawn of X, and it's been two years since they've interacted (Xmen 9 chronologically for us, whereas in comics it was Extermination 5).

  15. #795
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    So who was? I'm genuinely intrigued.

    I wish I could say I'm not disappointed that Marvel didn't let Jean acknowledge Rachel. It tarnishes her now for me, you know? Like the Jean was saw in Red was a fluke and Jean really is the Extermination/Gold Jean we got who is apathetic to Rachel.

    And in reading the reviews and comments on other threads no one else mentioned that, so I guess it goes without saying that if Jean is looking for telepathic help on a mission against a character that Rachel knows well, she does not think Rachel is useful. It sounds like Jean had a decent showing but this sours it tbh.
    She got to use Emma's daughters instead, aka all 5 Cuckoos. It wasnt as impressive as the telepathic team she led in Disassembled. To her credit, Rachel was among the X-men that she led into battle once Otherworld was breached, but she didnt do much
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-25-2020 at 10:00 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •