Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I weep for the day when I am no longer enamored by the absolutely heart warming familial growth within the Summers house.
    Seeing Dadclops and Marvel Mom and Uncky Alex & Gabe and these two "kiddos" being a happy unit is just such a joy

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I weep for the day when I am no longer enamored by the absolutely heart warming familial growth within the Summers house.
    Seeing Dadclops and Marvel Mom and Uncky Alex & Gabe and these two "kiddos" being a happy unit is just such a joy
    That day will never come. That picture though is fantastic.

more Meruz

more Meruz

not feeling it, she looks like a man
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    My feels are as wide as they are deep.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    when I see the hound marks, this is what I think about:

de95f512-f53e-4c49-baa9-5bf33da37bc1.jpg

it's time for Rachel to be free of Ahab's trademark plastered all over her face.
    Last edited by Daedra; 11-28-2020 at 11:43 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    when I see the hound marks, this is what I think about:

de95f512-f53e-4c49-baa9-5bf33da37bc1.jpg

it's time for Rachel to be free of Ahab's trademark plastered all over her face.
    I really wish people would stick with the claremont reboot. Rachel was for all intents a teen again and no longer had the hound marks. I feel i was one of the few who loved claremont's return to x-men. sure it was more of the same but it was enjoyable. While i didn't like the rachel dinosaur story the one where she had just came back and had that phoenix moniker and was getting close to betsy and teased emma at the baseball game was tops.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

After she died in space and the Phoenix recreated her, Rachel no longer had the hound marks. Writers and artists sometimes get stuck on past versions of characters though and don’t let things develop. Aging fan boys who become writers and editors suck!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    After she died in space and the Phoenix recreated her, Rachel no longer had the hound marks. Writers and artists sometimes get stuck on past versions of characters though and don’t let things develop. Aging fan boys who become writers and editors suck!
    exactly, her old body withered away during the fight with Necrom and the Phoenix (praise its infinite wisdom! ) created a new one starting from baby stage..... no more genetic hound conditioning, no more ugly bar code **** all over her beautiful face.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    exactly, her old body withered away during the fight with Necrom and the Phoenix (praise its infinite wisdom! ) created a new one starting from baby stage..... no more genetic hound conditioning, no more ugly bar code **** all over her beautiful face.
    And then came Chris Yost who decided that story of the Phoenix Echo being yanked from her in King breaker. He was the one who decided that the Phoenix Force stripped Rachel of all the stability of have her and turned her back into the hound girl. From there the mind control stories became abundant.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    By definition a NO-PRIZE is explaining a story point that is either a continuity mistake or just a screw up by creating a circumstance that helps it make sense.
    If Jean is assembling an assault that may result in death, and doesn't want to put another child at risk doing so (with Young Cable already compromised), it makes sense that she would NOT use Rachel in the mission.
    So then Jean would be ok for the deaths of the Cuckoos, who are almost ten years younger than Rachel, and is ok with the continued death of QQ? That sounds pretty awful tbh. I'd hope she'd value their lives if she's protecting youth.

As for some of the other comments I totally agree if these interactions were on panel there would never need to be all this handwrining about these snubs.

And yes while they lived together in the Moon, in all the times they have had any family interactions on panel Rachel is either missing entirely, silent, or interacts with fringe characters. Again, if there was more than 5 panels every decade having them interact readers wouldn't have to invent details or question motives.

Personally, my two favorite images of Rachel coincide with the same artist, who for me is the one who has best drawn Rachel, Alan Davis, Rachel as an hound, with her marks on her face is one of my favorites, perhaps because it makes me remember when I were teenager and went to second hand comics stores looking for something about the red leather , spikes and marks on the face girl, the second is when she returned to the x-men from Davis hand, maybe not the uniform, but the phoenix icon in her eye I fell in love, the change that Baldeon makes in X-Factor I like, has given her own image away from it although perhaps I miss something related to her past, her braid? spikes? something ... I think that you should not deny the past, the other way around, having the past present is knowing who you have been, to become who you truly are.

tmucukIi_1909202337371sbpi.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post
    Personally, my two favorite images of Rachel coincide with the same artist, who for me is the one who has best drawn Rachel, Alan Davis, Rachel as an hound, with her marks on her face is one of my favorites, perhaps because it makes me remember when I were teenager and went to second hand comics stores looking for something about the red leather , spikes and marks on the face girl, the second is when she returned to the x-men from Davis hand, maybe not the uniform, but the phoenix icon in her eye I fell in love, the change that Baldeon makes in X-Factor I like, has given her own image away from it although perhaps I miss something related to her past, her braid? spikes? something ... I think that you should not deny the past, the other way around, having the past present is knowing who you have been, to become who you truly are.

tmucukIi_1909202337371sbpi.jpg
    all fine, but the past can be remembered and honored without someone else's wild sharpie fantasy all over the face.
    the marks used to show up during specific moments and 80's artists knew how to draw them properly, sadly this is no longer the case and Rachel more often then not ends up looking like a pink skinned skrull, a cat lady or a sad charity case.
    Last edited by Daedra; 11-29-2020 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    So then Jean would be ok for the deaths of the Cuckoos, who are almost ten years younger than Rachel, and is ok with the continued death of QQ? That sounds pretty awful tbh. I'd hope she'd value their lives if she's protecting youth.
    A mother protecting her own children doesn't make her a monster because others get put in danger. Its called maternal instinct. Lioness-cubs and all that.