Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Looking forward to Rachel’s participation in the New X-Factor title. I’ve been intrigued by the idea of Ray being utilized as an investigator in detective stories ever since the standalone story back in the first run of Excalibur (#35) that paired her with curmudgeon cop Dai Thomas on a case involving a missing girl. The story, of course takes on Supernatural turns. The image of Rachel as a stiletto heeled, fishnet wearing, noir femme fatale detective “Scully” if you will left an impression. In later years I fancied pairing her with Pete Wisdom as an “X-Files”/“Moonlighting” pair with much the same mission as seems to be in place for the upcoming X-Factor team...

(Later)

I didn't know that the Phoenix was coming back ... do u know someting about that? is it for the x-sword event?

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post
    I didn't know that the Phoenix was coming back ... do u know someting about that? is it for the x-sword event?
    Could be referring to this Namor/Avengers development. Keep that version of Phoenix faaaarrrrrr away from the X-books PLEASE. Enough damage done...
    https://www.cbr.com/namor-phoenix-force-avengers/

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2020/03...werful-forces/

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Could be referring to this Namor/Avengers development. Keep that version of Phoenix faaaarrrrrr away from the X-books PLEASE. Enough damage done...

Once again the Phoenix is being co-opted for more of Aaron's Avengers/Thor stuff. It needs to stay far away at this point. But I wonder if he does push this forward, will this be something that is just living in the Avengers World or would previous hosts of note (Jean, Rachel, Quentin) would be allowed to be involved? At this point I feel like the offices are once again divided where it feels like all the developments around Krakoa are not referenced that much in any of the other lines, and vice versa. So they could likely get away with using the Phoenix from a writing perspective but the fans would likely revolt if it was used for Namor and Jean wasn't allowed to be part of the story in any form.

Looking forward to Rachel’s participation in the New X-Factor title. I’ve been intrigued by the idea of Ray being utilized as an investigator in detective stories ever since the standalone story back in the first run of Excalibur (#35) that paired her with curmudgeon cop Dai Thomas on a case involving a missing girl. The story, of course takes on Supernatural turns. The image of Rachel as a stiletto heeled, fishnet wearing, noir femme fatale detective “Scully” if you will left an impression. In later years I fancied pairing her with Pete Wisdom as an “X-Files”/“Moonlighting” pair with much the same mission as seems to be in place for the upcoming X-Factor team...
    Loved this comic, Rachel and Dai had a fun relationship there

(Later)

I remember reading this as a kid and thinking Rachel is a bad ass. I remember when she scanned that guys mind and blow out a city block with her psychic scream.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I remember reading this as a kid and thinking Rachel is a bad ass. I remember when she scanned that guys mind and blow out a city block with her psychic scream.
    Dai Thomas was Gene Hunt before Gene Hunt was even a twinkle in his creator’s eye.

I love the story with Rachel helping a detective. As a kid I would imagine similar stories with Jean aiding a human detective. Psychic powers would come in handy for the work Rachel is going to do and the work Jean is currently doing in X-force.

I do hope we get to see X-factor soon. I'm sure it will be a well written book and that Leah Williams will do good things with the character.

Last edited by juan678; 04-08-2020 at 02:12 AM.

BANNED

And here I hoped that if the Phoenix Shows up again, it would move away from the bad clichee it has become. But i Think Aaron would be the wrong writer for that. I mean his Thor is basically reduced to "Am I worthy?" over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    And here I hoped that if the Phoenix Shows up again, it would move away from the bad clichee it has become. But i Think Aaron would be the wrong writer for that. I mean his Thor is basically reduced to "Am I worthy?" over and over again.
    I bet you $5 the Phoenix Force is gonna merge with the baby.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Would not surprise me. And the only difference to AvX will be that he will not be able to get Wolverine to angst About killing the Phoenix again. Wonder who will have to Play that role^^

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I love and hate these articles because they are usually rife with inaccuracies or false statements. Like saying that Cable is a better timetraveller because he can telekinetically hold time in place, I haven't seen this myself but Rachel has also done this (to Cable and got the jump on him). Plus saying he learned it from the Askani, who learned it from Rachel, means that it ties back to Rachel. I could go on but it still annoys me they credit Rachel with battling Galactus.

I will jump in on that bet. A baby Phoenix & Starbrand sounds just uber ridiculous for Aaron to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Would not surprise me. And the only difference to AvX will be that he will not be able to get Wolverine to angst About killing the Phoenix again. Wonder who will have to Play that role^^
    Oh AvX2 will happen. This time the X-Men will be coming to the Avengers touting the evilness of the Phoenix, but they will still be made the villains and the Avengers will show they are OF COURSE more skilled and superior in how to train and host the Phoenix.....

BANNED

I would not put it past him to come up with a Phoenix Starbrand Combo. I still have hope they can get the Phoenix back on track, but they would Need the Right writer for it.

I think the X-men will be made the bad guys because they want to stop someone not doing anything wrong. Going after Hope during AvX had been something totally different^^

So many reasons to not like AvX. Ignoring Rachel in Questions regarding the Phoenix was just the icing on the cake

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I love and hate these articles because they are usually rife with inaccuracies or false statements. Like saying that Cable is a better timetraveller because he can telekinetically hold time in place, I haven't seen this myself but Rachel has also done this (to Cable and got the jump on him). Plus saying he learned it from the Askani, who learned it from Rachel, means that it ties back to Rachel. I could go on but it still annoys me they credit Rachel with battling Galactus.

I will jump in on that bet. A baby Phoenix & Starbrand sounds just uber ridiculous for Aaron to do it.

Oh AvX2 will happen. This time the X-Men will be coming to the Avengers touting the evilness of the Phoenix, but they will still be made the villains and the Avengers will show they are OF COURSE more skilled and superior in how to train and host the Phoenix.....
    I wish everytime the Phoenix is use it breaks up in fragments and spread across the universe at the end so each time use it as a story device it has to come together as a whole. It has to be certain person to contain it and yield for a limited time. In the meantime, a fragment of it can be distributed to force sensitive characters like jean and Rachel. It’s inevitable that it will come together at the end and for Jean to yield it once more. I wish they would set limits to how it works the same way Hickman spelled out what and who is an omega level mutant. It’s clear they want it to be a Marvel Universe entity. The Phoenix Five was the stupidest storyline. I wish they had just gave it to Nate Grey and then eventually merged with Apocalypse. Now that would have been a better story as together.