Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    That would happen only if Jean decides that she views Rachel as her daughter again and gives a crap about her...
    Well since she came back she seems to be trying to act motherly to Rachel.
    I mean I was just reading X-men Red Annual and Jean went to look for Rachel, people say she also went to look for Laura and Gabby but the only person she was calling daughter was Rachel. Then again on X-men Red she was concerned about her when Cassandra Nova manipulated Rachel. Then we have that panel on Gold but so far since Jean came back, they seem to be okay with each other. They just need more panel time.
    Jean has been pretty open about her complicated offspring, she is calling Cable her son, she even called X-man her son too and has done with Rachel.

For the moment it seems she got over the drama.
    rayjean1.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-13-2020 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Rachel needs more friends. This X-Factor cast is RIPE with C-listers that need more friends. It's like the theoretical opposite of the New Mutants who never make any new friends.
    Rachel and Lorna have worked together for a while on the Starjammers, so they are probably the two closest to each other on this team!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Well since she came back she seems to be trying to act motherly to Rachel.
    I mean I was just reading X-men Red Annual and Jean went to look for Rachel, people say she also went to look for Laura and Gabby but the only person she was calling daughter was Rachel. Then again on X-men Red she was concerned about her when Cassandra Nova manipulated Rachel. Then we have that panel on Gold but so far since Jean came back, they seem to be okay with each other. They just need more panel time.
    Jean has been pretty open about her complicated offspring, she is calling Cable her son, she even called X-man her son too and has done with Rachel.

For the moment it seems she got over the drama.
    I don't ever blame the character. It's the writers, they don't seem to understand how to do a woman and her daughter in dialogue. In a way it's really good that Rachel is finally under an ongoing female writer who actually likes her character and knows her history. Leah already stated that Rachel is one of her faves and she asked for her. So there is a good chance that if Jean comes into X-Factor occasionally or X-Factor and X-Force do a partnered mission, that Jean and Rachel will be written by Leah, and hopefully she can finally set their relationship properly.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I hope we get at least one Hope and Rachel scene, Hope is technically Rachel's niece.

I hope we get at least one Hope and Rachel scene, Hope is technically Rachel's niece.
    YES, I agree with you on this. In a way Hope and Rachel are both bereft of older Cable, and I would like to have them discuss it. Rachel is trying to embrace the younger version of her Brother, but it would be interesting if she talks to Hope and says how she is having trouble forgiving WiFi for killing older Cable because she loved Cable for a long time and they were very close!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

That is truly a thing that ought to happen given the team purpose. It would be nuts if it DIDN'T happen honestly
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Fantastic Member

Holy **** Rachel’s in X-Factor now!! 😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵

Fantastic Member

Just finished reading an article about the new book. The writer saying that they are going to push diversity in the book and explore relationships. Also saying they have been in contact with the people who are doing Excalibur as well. Looks like this may be a very good thing for Rachel and having things to talk about on here for at least the next little bit. Some crossovers with Excalibur would be great but I must admit I would prefer crossovers with Kitty and the Marauders or X-Force.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I'm just hoping that Leah will actually have Rachel and Hope interact in a scene. To date they have never met or interacted on panel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I'm just hoping that Leah will actually have Rachel and Hope interact in a scene. To date they have never met or interacted on panel.
    they already interacted the P5 used Rachel to locate hope but she let her escape because she saw that she was terrified of Cyclops

edit: I was wrong that was Xavier impersonating Hope, he erased the memory of Rachel and made her believe that she let her go
    Last edited by hulkling; 01-14-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    they already interacted the P5 used Rachel to locate hope but she let her escape because she saw that she was terrified of Cyclops

edit: I was wrong that was Xavier impersonating Hope, he erased the memory of Rachel and made her believe that she let her go
    Yup, everyone forgets that Bendis erased them interacting by making the whole thing a construct by Xavier. So to date, they have never interacted on panel.

" I knew we’d need a team telepath, and Rachel Grey was my top pick. She’s fascinatingly under-utilized yet over-powered as a character and carries so, so much incredible lore and untapped potential. She’s our team’s James Dean. "
    https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    They met and interacted on panel in the Jean Grey solo

Oh you're right! Dur. I somehow thought that how battle thing was not real (ie they were all projecting in or something). Le sigh. I still think something more meaningful should have transpired because they are family. But what's done is done. Hopefully better interactions are coming.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post
    " I knew we’d need a team telepath, and Rachel Grey was my top pick. She’s fascinatingly under-utilized yet over-powered as a character and carries so, so much incredible lore and untapped potential. She’s our team’s James Dean. "
    https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...mpression=true
    The ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. I freaking love it. Hopefully Leah isn't just blowing smoke and actually utilizes that untapped lore. And like many of other and like many of other people have said it is a book that deals relationships the one between Hope and Rachel should be explored.